TrueBlueArmy Forums
Yengi on his way back - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Yengi on his way back (/showthread.php?tid=3872)

Yengi on his way back - Robsquad - 02-02-2024

Australia beaten in Afcon.

Which means he will be on his way back here.

RE: Yengi on his way back - Cunninglinguist - 02-02-2024

I think I just heard a sexually charged grunt from W. Oz.

RE: Yengi on his way back - Slagger - 02-02-2024

Why do we need two Yengi threads?

RE: Yengi on his way back - Cunninglinguist - 02-02-2024

Because it’s fun and doesn’t cost any more to do.

RE: Yengi on his way back - D'Alessandro dreaming - 02-02-2024

Get my baby home

RE: Yengi on his way back - Pompey_in_Derby - 02-02-2024

While it's great news in the short-term, part of me was hoping the Aussies would go all the way and Yengi would score an absolute screamer for the winner in the final to add a few million to his value!

So many fans from all clubs moan when their players play in big international matches, but I prefer to consider the potential benefits. How much did Owen's profile and value increase based on that goal against the Argies? Lineker kick-started his career with that hat-trick against Poland in 1986 - before that game he was probably the third choice striker behind Dixon and Hateley. John Barnes became a bit of a superstar based on that dribble and goal at the Maracana etc.

RE: Yengi on his way back - dsmg - 02-02-2024

Didn’t Milan buy Luther Blisset, thinking that he had done that dribble and goal? Urban myth maybe

RE: Yengi on his way back - Pompey_in_Derby - 02-02-2024

Dunno, though Man Utd got conned into buying the useless Djemba-Djemba based on a one-off goal!

With the Asian Cup taking place in neighbouring Qatar, I'm sure lots of Saudi clubs are looking out for players on which to splash the cash.

RE: Yengi on his way back - Hammie - 02-02-2024

hately multiplied his value with one performance against Brazil, paid for Alan Ball's promotion team.

RE: Yengi on his way back - Rocketman - 02-02-2024

(02-02-2024, 07:56 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: While it's great news in the short-term, part of me was hoping the Aussies would go all the way and Yengi would score an absolute screamer for the winner in the final to add a few million to his value!

So many fans from all clubs moan when their players play in big international matches, but I prefer to consider the potential benefits. How much did Owen's profile and value increase based on that goal against the Argies? Lineker kick-started his career with that hat-trick against Poland in 1986 - before that game he was probably the third choice striker behind Dixon and Hateley. John Barnes became a bit of a superstar based on that dribble and goal at the Maracana etc.
Don't forget our own Mark Hately. Value skyrocketed after his goal in Brazil.

RE: Yengi on his way back - simonfkwit - 02-02-2024

(02-02-2024, 08:13 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: Dunno, though Man Utd got conned into buying the useless Djemba-Djemba based on a one-off goal!

What goal was that then?

RE: Yengi on his way back - TiHKAL - 02-02-2024

It was the one that was so good he scored it twice … I’ll get my coat.