TrueBlueArmy Forums
Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt (/showthread.php?tid=391)

Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - Trebilcock70 - 16-03-2021

This season has gone, so someone tell Catlin to wait until the end of the season and appoint a manager they actually want. New man can then get rid of the majority of these shit players Jackett bought

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - Hammie - 16-03-2021

Harry says he'd do the caretaker job. He's the best team manager I've seen at fratton. No money to spend. Give him the reins and have a bit of fun!

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - ForeverPompey - 16-03-2021

I suppose there might be an argument now for leaving Gallen to see the season out as it's a lost cause and making a proper appointment in the summer, although the right man, whoever that might be, might have got another job by then. On the other hand, do we need him in place to look at the current squad to decide who, if any to keep? I'm struggling to care much if none of these players are here in August.

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - Trebilcock70 - 16-03-2021

(16-03-2021, 09:13 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: I suppose there might be an argument now for leaving Gallen to see the season out as it's a lost cause and making a proper appointment in the summer, although the right man, whoever that might be, might have got another job by then. On the other hand, do we need him in place to look at the current squad to decide who, if any to keep? I'm struggling to care much if none of these players are here in August.

If Catlins doing his job properly, he would have already lined up the new manager - although in this case, he ain’t available until the end of the season by the sounds of it. I’d get Gallen out of the club ASAP - stick Barry Harris in charge as caretaker

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - bluetagagain - 16-03-2021

Gallen is leaving very shortly, just give it Sean O’Driscoll until the end of the season

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - mikey393 - 16-03-2021

(16-03-2021, 08:55 PM)Hammie Wrote: Harry says he'd do the caretaker job. He's the best team manager I've seen at fratton. No money to spend. Give him the reins and have a bit of fun!

He is the best choice until the end of the season.

He's wealthy enough already so doesn't need to have a huge salary basic + bonus for Play Offs & Big Brown envelope for Promotion.

He can start on Saturday so shoe him in now with a short-term contract.

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - Cunninglinguist - 17-03-2021

I'd put a fan in charge. Low cost, guaranteed entertainment, who cares if we lose??????

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - Gerry Hatrick - 17-03-2021

(16-03-2021, 10:27 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(16-03-2021, 08:55 PM)Hammie Wrote: Harry says he'd do the caretaker job. He's the best team manager I've seen at fratton. No money to spend. Give him the reins and have a bit of fun!

He is the best choice until the end of the season.

He's wealthy enough already so doesn't need to have a huge salary basic + bonus for Play Offs & Big Brown envelope for Promotion.

He can start on Saturday so shoe him in now with a short-term contract.

It's Harry for me too!

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - BilltheCat - 17-03-2021

The man who left to go to Scum, came back, helped bankrupt the club and left for Spuds taking half the team with him (starting the fire sale).

I wouldn't want that cvnt anywhere near Fratton Park, thank you!

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - bluetagagain - 17-03-2021

Get over it. He gave us the best football we've had for years never mind promotion and a cup win.

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - stayinupforever - 17-03-2021

What would happen if Harry did come in and win all the remaining games and won promotion? There would inevitably be a big call to keep him on.
Good as he was for us we need someone new and fresh.

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - Rick Pumpkin - 17-03-2021

Understand the attraction of Redknapp but people seem to forget when he took over from Rix he managed to achieve two draws and three defeats from the five remaining games that season. Who's to say he'd do any better with the chancers we've currently got wearing the shirt?

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - exgaffer - 17-03-2021

(17-03-2021, 08:39 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: The man who left to go to Scum, came back, helped bankrupt the club and left for Spuds taking half the team with him (starting the fire sale).

I agree with all of that BTC.

Yes we got good football under him but we couldn’t afford it could we?

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - Deebo - 17-03-2021

(17-03-2021, 08:39 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: The man who left to go to Scum, came back, helped bankrupt the club and left for Spuds taking half the team with him (starting the fire sale).

The Grudgefinder General is at it again.

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - Cunninglinguist - 17-03-2021

Grudge?????

The man was largely instrumental in taking us to the brink of the abyss!

‘Pompey is my spiritual home’..... and then he deserted the sinking ship.

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - DeepBlue - 17-03-2021

The gross oversimplification that we were undone by overspending really annoys me. We were not overspending any more than any other premier club (less than most). We were undone by gaydamak snr being arrested and the banks withdrawing junior's credit. Only about 3 clubs could have survived the banks asking for all credit to be repaid in a couple of months.

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - Pedalo_menders - 17-03-2021

Agreed and no-one was going to allow Gaydamec to refinance with the gun slinging charges hanging over him.

However, just compare the character & actions of Redknapp to Avram Grant. Redknapp used our demise to his advantage, leaving then poaching anything he could. Avram tried to actually help us.

Redknapp has 1 love and that's Harry Redknapp.

RE: Seasons gone, don’t rush managers appt - Rick Pumpkin - 17-03-2021

(17-03-2021, 12:22 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Redknapp has 1 love and that's Harry Redknapp.

Pedalo, you nailed the whole discussion in that one sentence.

All this "I'll walk there" and "I'll do it for free" is just one thing - Harry promoting himself and keeping his name in the headlines.