TrueBlueArmy Forums
Barnsley off - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Barnsley off (/showthread.php?tid=4037)

Pages: 1 2

Barnsley off - foxleyblue - 14-03-2024

I see we've exercised our right to postpone because 3 players called up 
Rescheduled Tuesday, April 16th

RE: Barnsley off - TitchfieldBlue - 14-03-2024

I suppose its not the worst news in the world.

Hardly a fixture back log at the end of the season and we can get some injured players back too.

A couple of weeks break for the players after Posh.

Just means a 3 game week towards the end of the season with Bolton and Wigan games too.

RE: Barnsley off - FiftyYearsOn - 14-03-2024

Yengi, Lane and?????

RE: Barnsley off - TitchfieldBlue - 14-03-2024

Shaughnessy ?

Hopefully barnsley are out of top 2 contention when we play them and they rest some players for the playoffs.

RE: Barnsley off - Daniel - 14-03-2024

Maybe Kamara to under 21’s?

RE: Barnsley off - bluetagagain - 14-03-2024

Shaughnessy ROI

RE: Barnsley off - slayer - 14-03-2024

fuck. I thought Mous said he wanted to play it

RE: Barnsley off - foxleyblue - 14-03-2024

can't find anywhere to say who the third player is

RE: Barnsley off - Daniel - 14-03-2024

(14-03-2024, 12:01 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: can't find anywhere to say who the third player is

Could be Barnsley with 3 players

RE: Barnsley off - scouse - 14-03-2024

$%@!
Going to a gig in Southampton.
Who are also playing at home it seems.
Looks like a fun evening...

RE: Barnsley off - bluetagagain - 14-03-2024

It’s not Shaughnessy. Although Abu Kamara, who has reportedly turned down an offer to play for Sierra Leone, is eligible to play for England at age-group level along with Myles Peart-Harris.
Other than that the only Pompey call ups are Yengi and Lane

I thought I read somewhere that we have 'exercised our right' to have it postponed. Shaughnessy might be a shout as might Kamara. maybe Raggetino's got the shout at last Smile

RE: Barnsley off - foxleyblue - 14-03-2024

I suppose Morell is still injured?

RE: Barnsley off - stayinupforever - 14-03-2024

Not even an announcement on the Barnsley OS about the postponement.

RE: Barnsley off - D'Alessandro dreaming - 14-03-2024

Could it be Barnsley who have three call ups? The only thing otherwise I can think of is MPH in the Under 21's.

RE: Barnsley off - briefcase_wanchor - 14-03-2024

U21s not officially announced yet. Can’t imagine MPH would get a call, which only really leaves Kamara.

(14-03-2024, 04:45 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: U21s not officially announced yet. Can’t imagine MPH would get a call, which only really leaves Kamara.

There was some chat about Kamara being interested in playing for Sierra Leone. Maybe England U21s have called him up to try and persuade him otherwise.

RE: Barnsley off - Pompey_in_Derby - 14-03-2024

I noticed a week ago that half the scheduled league one games for 23/03 had already been switched to 16/04. There is clearly a lot of communication behind the scenes between clubs and international FAs - e.g. Arsenal's Ben White's decision not to be available before Southgate named his squad. Also, the medical teams are sure to share information about match fitness issues.

I assume these conversations are particularly in-depth where a player is eligible for more than one country - e.g. Kamara. My gut feel is that it is Kamara who will be called up by England to either the U20s or U21s squad. After all, he's had a much better season than Scarlett did last year and Azeez the year before! Good luck to the lad.

If that turns out to be the case then absolutely, good luck to him. After an iffy start I think he’s been terrific.

(14-03-2024, 07:30 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: I noticed a week ago that half the scheduled league one games for 23/03 had already been switched to 16/04. There is clearly a lot of communication behind the scenes between clubs and international FAs - e.g. Arsenal's Ben White's decision not to be available before Southgate named his squad. Also, the medical teams are sure to share information about match fitness issues.

I assume these conversations are particularly in-depth where a player is eligible for more than one country - e.g. Kamara. My gut feel is that it is Kamara who will be called up by England to either the U20s or U21s squad. After all, he's had a much better season than Scarlett did last year and Azeez the year before! Good luck to the lad.

Shagger Azeez is at Atletico Baleares now. I remember Arsenal fans blaming us for not getting the most out of him. Since then he's made 10 appearances for Ibiza which must have felt like heaven for a horizontal dancing enthusiast like him. He then made two appearances for Wigan, a place with the kind of females that must have tested even his appetites for the old in/out.

RE: Barnsley off - Sharpe* - 14-03-2024

Good news imo.

Fratton is rocking at night during the week.

Unpleasant midweek trip for them.

RE: Barnsley off - slayer - 14-03-2024

Lots of disrupted fans including myself. No cheering from me. Pissed right off if we have called it off after Mous saying in last fortnight he wanted to play it.

RE: Barnsley off - dsmg - 15-03-2024

He’s doing what he feels is best for the team

RE: Barnsley off - Gerry Hatrick - 15-03-2024

If PompeyinDerby is right about Kamara, then I would certainly want the game postponed. 
But why not announce the fact?
The club's website have two stories about this, one congratulating Paddy and Kas for their call-ups and the other announcing the game off due to three call-ups - but not mentioning any of the players involved.
The News, as usual, are clueless in shining a light on identifying the third player. 
Very strange.

RE: Barnsley off - exgaffer - 15-03-2024

(15-03-2024, 05:51 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: If PompeyinDerby is right about Kamara, then I would certainly want the game postponed. 
But why not announce the fact?
The club's website have two stories about this, one congratulating Paddy and Kas for their call-ups and the other announcing the game off due to three call-ups - but not mentioning any of the players involved.
The News, as usual, are clueless in shining a light on identifying the third player. 
Very strange.

The only really important fact for us is that the game is off.

Congrats to the called up players and I’m sure we will find out who they are.

Can’t say I’ll lose sleep over it though.