TrueBlueArmy Forums
Message for derby and bolton - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Message for derby and bolton (/showthread.php?tid=4042)

Message for derby and bolton - Theyak2 - 14-03-2024

Having read their sites I am confused about 'how we are there for the taking'?
It's not in their hands, it's in ours!
Yes we have 'them' all to play, which ones have we lost too?
For those 'foriegners' reading. It's a big bad NONE!
On their sites they are coming for us.
On ours , for once and I don't remember anyone here saying it, cmon then!
I can't wait.
Here's something to think about
We fucking find a way!
Bring it on
JM is something THIS division has not worked out and we have plan A, B and C!
Crack on, before you get to us, play each other, let's see where we are.
If you go to derby's site, we are all 'panicking'?
Really?
Well, maybe 'Titfield blue'!

RE: Message for derby and bolton - Pompey_in_Derby - 14-03-2024

Message for derby and bolton......... why were there 8000 empty seats at both of your home games on Tuesday?

RE: Message for derby and bolton - D'Alessandro dreaming - 14-03-2024

I can see why they might feel a bit confident on the outside looking in. We haven't played that well for a bit, Bolton just won 5-0 and Derby are in a bit of a run.

The fact remains though that 5/6 points is a good lead with 8 to play and we haven't lost many this season for a reason. Bolton were on a fantastic run when we played them in December and it counted for nothing. If Derby and Bolton both end up on 95/96 points and pip us then they will deserve it and we won't. Even with slightly kinder fixtures than us though, it won't be easy for them to do that and they haven't yet shown the capability of it consistently.

Bolton may have just smashed Oxford but this is the same Bolton team that has dropped a lot of points lately. Derby not so long ago went on a not so clever run of results, Peterborough are on a winning streak now but lost 4 in a row a while back and Barnsley got hammered by Lincoln at the weekend. These teams all have frailties of their own. They may see us as beatable but we have every reason to see them as beatable too.

RE: Message for derby and bolton - slayer - 14-03-2024

Haven't paid any attention to Derby all season to be honest. Who have they got that gets into our side?

As for Bolton, their manager will keep them down and get sacked. Some weird selections at the back and same predictable desperate subs on the hour mark.

RE: Message for derby and bolton - Smirnoffexpress - 15-03-2024

Oh! So it’s send a message time is it? How’s about, fook you, ya northern tramps, the blue army stands resolute and ready to repel all. Stick to whippet racing you mugs.

RE: Message for derby and bolton - Maddog56 - 15-03-2024

(14-03-2024, 08:00 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: Having read their sites I am confused about 'how we are there for the taking'?
I can't wait.
We fucking find a way!
Bring it on
Really?

Having seen us playing Derby away earlier this season, we totally dominated the game without creating many chances. Like many of our away performances. They got a penalty late, but caused us no other difficulties. Somehow we found a way to equalise late. I cannot see them causing us too many difficulties at home. I watched Bolton destroy Oxford the other night and would consider a point there very good! Haven’t seen enough of Barnsley to comment. I’m quietly confident that we will find a way to get the job done starting with Peterborough Saturday.

RE: Message for derby and bolton - Lawrence - 15-03-2024

(14-03-2024, 08:00 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: Having read their sites I am confused about 'how we are there for the taking'?
I can't wait.
We fucking find a way!
Bring it on
Really?

Well they're not going to say they are giving up right? All I know is we've played them all this season and none of them have beaten us or even outplayed us - apart from maybe the first bit of the Bolton game and then we moved up a gear and blew them away.

Our players may be dropping like flies at the moment but we seem to find a way to get a result. Obviously, I'm shitting myself with nerves on a regular basis but in a way I'm glad we're playing the so-called bigger teams as we've found it pretty difficult against the teams in the lower half of the league.

RE: Message for derby and bolton - Pedalo_menders - 15-03-2024

Message for Derby & Bolton:
I can't fooking wait to play you both again so we can extend our lead at the TOP.

DERBY: You were extremely lucky to scrap a draw against us. We want to put that right

BOLTON: Did you enjoy having your pants pulled down on telly? Can't wait to do it again.

RE: Message for derby and bolton - TitchfieldBlue - 15-03-2024

Let's not get arrogant here. All the sides at the top of this league aren't as good as last seasons top teams. 

There's a very realistic chance still that we could finish as low as 4th this season. We really aren't any better than the teams around us.

We really aren't convincing enough, especially away from home, to be confident of promotion. We are struggling away from home now.

Derby, Bolton and Peterborough will be confident that they can catch us and I can see where their confidence comes from.

RE: Message for derby and bolton - scouse - 15-03-2024

Banjos. I hear banjos.

RE: Message for derby and bolton - Pompey_in_Derby - 15-03-2024

(14-03-2024, 08:45 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: Message for derby and bolton......... why were there 8000 empty seats at both of your home games on Tuesday?

Have sussed out the answer to my own question...... they are saving their pennies for the play-offs! lol

RE: Message for derby and bolton - raymond.hallbear1@gmail.com - 16-03-2024

The momentum is with us. If we fail, it will have to be a monstrous fail, and I can't see it happening. We talk about Derby, Bolton and Peterbourough as though they are better than us, but the league table doesn't show that they are. We have a solid defence, so I am resonable calm we will get promotion. My real worry is our strikeforce, because no matter how you spin it, it won't cut the mustard in the Championship. Relying on tap in strikers won't get you far. Blush

RE: Message for derby and bolton - Theyak2 - 16-03-2024

Get in there.
Pompey just keep finding a way!

We are going up as champions at this rate!

RE: Message for derby and bolton - D'Alessandro dreaming - 16-03-2024

Bolton just haven't been able to find any consistency. They smashed up Oxford and then were wasteful against Derby by all accounts. They haven't strung together consecutive league wins since January and those winning runs are so important.

RE: Message for derby and bolton - slayer - 17-03-2024

Rumours this morning that Evatt has three games to save his job. Wheels falling off