TrueBlueArmy Forums
Top for a reason - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Top for a reason (/showthread.php?tid=4049)

Top for a reason - Hermann's_no_hermit - 16-03-2024

We have been top of this league for the vast majority of the season for one very good reason. THIS IS A FANTASTIC TEAM. AND THE BEST IN THE DIVISION.
We may have had a few slip-ups against some of the lesser teams, but our record against the other teams near the top is exceptional. The 2nd half performance today reminded me of the home game against Bolton. So much credit goes to all the players but also the manager, the recruitment team and the owners. Because we have had so many seasons of disappointment we sometimes doubt but despite the negativity of WUMs like Titch, I think we should all now believe WE ARE GOING UP, WE ARE GOING UP!
So how about it Titch, can you please acknowledge that you are wrong.

RE: Top for a reason - Smirnoffexpress - 16-03-2024

That was ANOTHER fantastic win against another top team.

RE: Top for a reason - farq2 - 16-03-2024

(16-03-2024, 06:59 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: We have been top of this league for the vast majority of the season for one very good reason. THIS IS A FANTASTIC TEAM. AND THE BEST IN THE DIVISION.
We may have had a few slip-ups against some of the lesser teams, but our record against the other teams near the top is exceptional. The 2nd half performance today reminded me of the home game against Bolton. So much credit goes to all the players but also the manager, the recruitment team and the owners. Because we have had so many seasons of disappointment we sometimes doubt but despite the negativity of WUMs like Titch, I think we should all now believe WE ARE GOING UP, WE ARE GOING UP!
What makes it all the better ,is being where we are even with a the horrendous 
number of injuries this season

RE: Top for a reason - slayer - 17-03-2024

We know a false dawn when we see one.

This group are the real deal.

RE: Top for a reason - Cunninglinguist - 17-03-2024

(16-03-2024, 06:59 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: We have been top of this league for the vast majority of the season for one very good reason. THIS IS A FANTASTIC TEAM. AND THE BEST IN THE DIVISION.

FFs, he states himself that he’s a WUM (under his name). Why do you expect anything different?

I’m gonna start naming and shaming the plonkers who give him airspace.

RE: Top for a reason - D'Alessandro dreaming - 17-03-2024

The strength of the squad has been big. Injuries really stretched it thin at the end of last year and in January but the January business helped out a fair bit.

To put it onto perspective, Mousinho hasn't had a full squad to choose from since the first half of the opening day.

RE: Top for a reason - Gerry Hatrick - 17-03-2024

He's a scummer and a self-professed WUM but a very poor one. I'm betting he will return to feed the fears and fill a big hole in his sad life next season. 

It would be so much more fun if we had an honest, self-declared scummer on here who we could have some genuine banter with. That, at least, would earn a bit of respect.

RE: Top for a reason - slayer - 17-03-2024

The fact he has WUM under his name and he is outright telling you that he's being a dickhead shows the limits of a few of ours sadly.

RE: Top for a reason - Hammie - 17-03-2024

If you wanna finish top, keep lots of clean sheets. We do. Don't lose many with the best defence.
Its also odd how often we have heard the opposition manager say they were by far the better side.

RE: Top for a reason - Smirnoffexpress - 17-03-2024

Can’t stop rewatching yesterday’s goal! Clinical counterattacking at its glorious best.

They came, they saw, they got Yengied!