TrueBlueArmy Forums
Best team when all fit? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Best team when all fit? (/showthread.php?tid=4057)

Pages: 1 2

Best team when all fit? - stayinupforever - 18-03-2024

Norris
Raffs Poole Shocks Ogilivie
Pack Moxon
Bishop
Kamara Yengi Lane

RE: Best team when all fit? - FiftyYearsOn - 18-03-2024

I think I'd still say Morrell alongside Pack although it can be a little too defensive. Moxon is going to be a good one though... Evans might also have a say in that position.

RE: Best team when all fit? - bluetagagain - 18-03-2024

If all our players were fit then
Norris
Raffs Poole McIntyre Ogs
Pack Robertson
Kamara Lang Lane
Bish

The only 3 changes I would possibly make would be Shocks for McI - Morrell for Robertson and Yengi for Bish

RE: Best team when all fit? - TBP - 18-03-2024

Plenty of options. We still don't know how good Whyte, Scully and Evans are. The loans will, presumably, go back.

RE: Best team when all fit? - firqdays - 18-03-2024

What no Rags ?

Robertson… would love to have that option again next season.

RE: Best team when all fit? - essentialmix75 - 18-03-2024

Norris
Pack Morrell
Kamara Lang Lane
Yengi

RE: Best team when all fit? - teeftwo - 18-03-2024

I think with the quality of the squad it is nigh on impossible to pick a best team for all games. There are quite a few combinations that would be best depending on who we are playing.

RE: Best team when all fit? - essentialmix75 - 18-03-2024

Okay, Claudio Ranieri!....

I would just play the best 11, every game if available!.

RE: Best team when all fit? - Gerry Hatrick - 18-03-2024

For me, Poole has to oust Raggett from the first choice.  Poole is certainly a classy player but we saw him over only 14 games. Raggett has hardly put a foot wrong in the 25 that have followed. So for me, Raggs is number one.

RE: Best team when all fit? - Pedalo_menders - 18-03-2024

Our best XI in my opinion is:

Macey
Morrell Pack
Kamara Robertson Lane

Yengi

We could even field a 2nd XI that would probably finish playoffs, such is the incredible depth of this squad. And I couldn't even fit Devlin in it!

Norris
Swanson rags towler sparkes
Lowery Moxon
MPH Saydee Lang
Bish

RE: Best team when all fit? - DeepBlue - 18-03-2024

I think the answer to this is that we have not got a "best" eleven ... we've got a squad of 16/17/18 of equally good players so picking any 11 of them gives you an equally strong 11.

And that's why we are top of the league.

I do think McIntyre was bought with next season in mind .

(18-03-2024, 02:48 PM)firqdays Wrote: What no Rags ?

Rags would be in the squad not the first X1

Oh.. Callum Lang.. I forgot him.. he’d be on the verge of starting 11 as well. Makes me realise just how good the squad has become.

RE: Best team when all fit? - D'Alessandro dreaming - 18-03-2024

Norris

Swanson Poole Shaughnessy Ogilvie
Pack Morrell
Kamara Robertson Lane
Bishop

Norris is a no-brainer as first choice keeper and his style fits this team like a mitten. I believe Swanson is our best right back but I'm very happy with Rafferty too.I feels harsh leaving Raggs out and defensively he isn't really any worse than Poole but with the style Mousinho would choose ideally to play with everyone fit, Poole is just that bit better at carrying the ball even if Raggs has improved that side of his game. Shaughnessy and Ogilvie are obvious picks.

That 'double pivot' is a tough one, I've gone for Pack who is non negotiable with Morrell. I really liked Lowery and Pack together too as well as Pack with Robertson.

Behind the striker, Kamara and Lane pick themselves. I put Robertson in the 10 but it is a toss up between him and Lang. Bishop up top because when we had something like our strongest team available he was excellent in that early part of the season. Yengi would have a lot of fun in that team too though.

RE: Best team when all fit? - Hammie - 18-03-2024

Bishop and Yengi found a way to work together. For someone with little pace, Bish starting the attack and being up there with Yengi at the finish, was a real eye opener.

RE: Best team when all fit? - D'Alessandro dreaming - 18-03-2024

(18-03-2024, 08:32 PM)Hammie Wrote: Bishop and Yengi found a way to work together. For someone with little pace, Bish starting the attack and being up there with Yengi at the finish, was a real eye opener.

I except we haven't seen the last of that combination this season. Bishop worked surprisingly well in that 10 role and found Yengi more often than not.

RE: Best team when all fit? - bluetagagain - 19-03-2024

If Lang is fit he’ll play there

RE: Best team when all fit? - Lawrence - 19-03-2024

(18-03-2024, 09:50 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote:
(18-03-2024, 08:32 PM)Hammie Wrote: Bishop and Yengi found a way to work together. For someone with little pace, Bish starting the attack and being up there with Yengi at the finish, was a real eye opener.

I except we haven't seen the last of that combination this season. Bishop worked surprisingly well in that 10 role and found Yengi more often than not.

And what about Lowery? He may be injury prone but he played an important part in bridging the gap in midfield when the latter where dropping like flies. 

This club is unrecognisable from that 12 months ago. Incredible really.

RE: Best team when all fit? - TiHKAL - 19-03-2024

It’s a conundrum to make the best out of what we’ve got, when we’ve got the best collection of players for many seasons. Is Anjorin going to be back before the end of the season? Immediate upgrade on MPH for a start.

RE: Best team when all fit? - Hammie - 19-03-2024

Another benefit with dropping Bishop off to the deeper role, is that the centre halves will have to come out to give him a hug, leaving a gap. For a mobile yet strong youngish striker to move into. Give Bishop a week or two of not being manhandled by a big gorilla and he might quite enjoy not having to win a wrestling game every week. Moves him closer to the ref too, might even see his shirt being ripped off closer to his myopic eyeballs.

RE: Best team when all fit? - PompeyBlue15 - 25-03-2024

Im surprised to see so many putting Morrell in our best XI. I just cant make up my mind on him. Just dont think he offers enough all over the pitch like a robertson or moxon does. Hes out of contract in the summer and im interested to see what the outcome is with him. Next season we will have pack (as he will no doubt get a new deal), moxon, lowery still in contract. We would surely look to sign a central midfielder or two (already strong links with Leonard) especially if we do go up. So would we need morrell and would he want to sign a new deal if theres a possibility hes 4th or 5th choice with everyone fit..

RE: Best team when all fit? - DeepBlue - 25-03-2024

The Pack & Morrell combination was the rock on which our season's success was built. They just dominated matches when they played together.

RE: Best team when all fit? - PompeyBlue15 - 25-03-2024

(25-03-2024, 08:58 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: The Pack & Morrell combination was the rock on which our season's success was built. They just dominated matches when they played together.

They also paired each other in 3 of our 4 of our league defeats this season too and since morrell has been injured we have won 9 and drawn the other 2 games whilst Pack has had arguably the best run of form since he returned. 

Im not saying morrell is a poor player, i just dont think hes missed when he doesnt play and think we have better, or at least will have by the start of next season, so not sure if hes needed to be offered a new deal. But we shall see.