TrueBlueArmy Forums
An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International Interval.. - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International Interval.. (/showthread.php?tid=4065)

An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International Interval.. - Cunninglinguist - 21-03-2024

It pisses me off. I want to watch football every week.

I really couldn’t give a stuff about players coming back from injury etc. My recollection of previous matches, after an IB, is that we appear ring rusty.

Keep playing and keep the momentum going.

RE: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International, Interval.. - stayinupforever - 21-03-2024

Organising international friendlies in particular, so close to the end of the season is a bit daft.

RE: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International, Interval.. - D'Alessandro dreaming - 21-03-2024

As much as part of me wants to keep the momentum going, this is probably quite handily timed for us.

RE: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International, Interval.. - pushbike_pete_PFC - 21-03-2024

Irritating is exactly the right word, for me personally anyway.. the Barnsley game has been rearranged to coincide with my feckin flight back from Thailand.. as the game kicks off I'll be about an hour into my 13hr flight.. bolix. Am particularly annoyed about this as I've managed to listen to every Pompey game on iFollow whilst I've been out here cycling in SE Asia.. since early October… and that's quite remarkable really seeing as I've been to some pretty remote places in the mountains of Vietnam and Laos.. dodgy WiFi connections makes it sound like Andy Moon and Whits are on the Moon's surface sometimes.. and the mid week evening kick offs has meant I've been listening to games between about 3am and 5am.. not great… but I couldn't bear to miss a game tbh.

So, yes, I'm fucked off I'm missing such an important game at such a crucial point in the season all because of some meaningless international friendlies. Although I see Australia have 2 back-to-back World Cup qualifiers against Lebanon.. Yengi's going to be knackered!

As long as we beat Barnsley I won't care too much.. PUP.

RE: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International, Interval.. - Cunninglinguist - 21-03-2024

Anyway, couldn’t give a toss over international football. I support one club and don’t see why my clubs players should be dragged away to play for some load of ponces who don’t even pay their wages. All because they want to sell even more tv rights and fund whatever other nonsense they can come up with.

Fuck em! We’ve managed without a full squad all season.

Top of the league!

RE: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International Interval.. - BilltheCat - 22-03-2024

Your thread has been purified. Happy?

RE: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International Interval.. - raymond.hallbear1@gmail.com - 23-03-2024

(21-03-2024, 06:01 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: It pisses me off. I want to watch football every week.

I really couldn’t give a stuff about players coming back from injury etc. My recollection of previous matches, after an IB, is that we appear ring rusty.

Keep playing and keep the momentum going.

Agree, but at the same time, with all our injuries, this gives us one extra week for some recoveries. One last push and the Moose will get us there.

RE: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International Interval.. - Cunninglinguist - 23-03-2024

(22-03-2024, 10:38 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: Your thread has been purified. Happy?

Yeah, that’s much better. How did you do that, are you a Mod?

RE: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International Interval.. - slayer - 23-03-2024

I think his procedure starts with "Miss, miss!"

RE: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International Interval.. - Hermann's_no_hermit - 23-03-2024

It feels like more than a week since we last played already. Can't wait till we have sown up the league but a part of me is already dreading the void that the end of season brings.

RE: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International Interval.. - Hammie - 23-03-2024

I could cope with summers until the abominable 100 wrote off my summer of cricket.
Not even a test match until the footballers re back in preseason this year.
I think I'd better get an allotment.

RE: An Eye On The Impending,Irksome, Irritating, International, Interval.. - PompeyBlue15 - 25-03-2024

(21-03-2024, 08:10 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: Organising international friendlies in particular, so close to the end of the season is a bit daft.

Unfortunately this is an international break set aside to complete the qualifiying for the euros (through the finals of the nations league paths), its a rule that sides must play friendlies if they dont have competitive games, hence why england play the better nations as they know there is still some interest in those, coupled up with the fact 80000 tickets for the brazil game sold out in minutes of going on sale.