TrueBlueArmy Forums
Cobblers - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cobblers (/showthread.php?tid=4066)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Cobblers - Hammie - 21-03-2024

If Ferguson minor reckons that they lost because of the Pompey fans. Perhaps our away horde should make their way to Northampton and fill the home end. I remember going to Fulham to shout for them against Norwich after watching the Gremlins at Wombles. Partly to watch Paul Parker live too having heard great things about hi on Match of the Day. Was weird watching as a more or less neutral and Minder was not there either.

RE: Cobblers - BilltheCat - 21-03-2024

The same Paul Parker who dislocated a shoulder in a collision with Mick Tait at Craven Cottage?

RE: Cobblers - SouthseaBubble - 21-03-2024

(21-03-2024, 10:11 PM)Hammie Wrote: If Ferguson minor reckons that they lost because of the Pompey fans. Perhaps our away horde should make their way to Northampton and fill the home end. I remember going to Fulham to shout for them against Norwich after watching the Gremlins at Wombles. Partly to watch Paul Parker live too having heard great things about hi on Match of the Day. Was weird watching as a more or less neutral and Minder was not there either.

I did exactly the same!

RE: Cobblers - firqdays - 22-03-2024

Fergie junior has really dug a hole concerning this.

I bet he is so popular ( not) among the boardroom at London Road !

RE: Cobblers - JIMBON - 22-03-2024

I did both games that day as well. 1st Jan 1986 we had won 3-1 at Plough Lane and Norwich won 1-0 at Fulham.

RE: Cobblers - slayer - 22-03-2024

Not the fizziest bottle of beer in the fridge.

RE: Cobblers - Hammie - 22-03-2024

(22-03-2024, 09:20 AM)JIMBON Wrote: I did both games that day as well. 1st Jan 1986 we had won 3-1 at Plough Lane and Norwich won 1-0 at Fulham.

I remember being very impressed by the number of coaches lined up outside, from Norwich. If that's three of us, just on here, there must have been a lot of incognito Pompey on that pretty empty home end!

RE: Cobblers - Hermann's_no_hermit - 22-03-2024

Those were the days, when you could just turn up at almost any game and get in. Remember plenty of times when I managed to see at least 2 games, particularly if we were away to the likes of Southend who always seemed to play their games on a Friday night. Would stay up in London with some mates who had moved up there and then take your pick of any games on in the smoke on the Saturday

RE: Cobblers - SouthseaBubble - 23-03-2024

(22-03-2024, 11:28 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: Those were the days, when you could just turn up at almost any game and get in. Remember plenty of times when I managed to see at least 2 games, particularly if we were away to the likes of Southend who always seemed to play their games on a Friday night. Would stay up in London with some mates who had moved up there and then take your pick of any games on in the smoke on the Saturday

Those were indeed the days, sadly not to return. I was often playing on a Saturday afternoon, but when not, I could decide at lunchtime whether to pop down the road on my bike to Highbury, join a friend at Upton Park, head off to Leyton Orient or be adventurous and go south of the river to Plough Lane or Selhurst Park. And in no case pay a small fortune for the privilege.

RE: Cobblers - Hermann's_no_hermit - 23-03-2024

When I first saw this thread I thought it was cheering on Northampton for today. A win for them would be really handy

RE: Cobblers - Hammie - 23-03-2024

(23-03-2024, 02:13 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: When I first saw this thread I thought it was cheering on Northampton for today. A win for them would be really handy

I think it was, but us old types got diverted.
"Those were the days my friend, we thought they's never end" 
Cheap entry, terraces and proper songs!
And the football food was still just as bad!

RE: Cobblers - Theyak2 - 23-03-2024

However, cmon you cobblers!
Good start from them, derby having to soak up pressure! Proper Paul Warne team (effectively boring or boringly effective)

Really typical Paul Warne. 1 shot in 15 mins of football.
If the cobblers score they should just sit, derby wouldn't have a clue

hopefully to see the lots of possession and the other side wins rule work out in our favour.

Yes!!!!!
1-0 cobblers

If there is a God, he/she/they/it is really trying those blue tinted specs on.
We seem to be getting presents left right and chelsea

RE: Cobblers - TiHKAL - 23-03-2024

C'mon the Cobblers!

wooooo!
and at least unlike some other online platforms, we can use the proper nickname for our team for today!

Derby up on possession but 4 shots each and cobblers a goal to the good is just what we want.
Waghorn missed a sitter!
No Dwight Gayle either

the possession obsession so often gets shown up, we've seen that from Pompey for most of the last 3 seasons.

If the result stays like this and the teams in 1st 3rd 4th and 5th won their games in hand.
Pompey would be 8 points clear of derby and 9 clear of bolton,posh and barnsley. Just 1 point would separate 4 teams!

Lincoln will be really hoping we are up as champs, playing us last day and on the beach would give them a great chance of running into the play offs in great from.

Do you think Mousinho would be letting them lose after virtually forgetting how to for a season.
I'm convinced that we will turn up and walk off into the sunset with another 3 points.
He and the team relentlessly find a way.

Half time
Northampton 1-0 Derby

Just another 45mins, c'mon cobblers

And we are off!
C'mon cobblers