TrueBlueArmy Forums
Eastern road/Barnsley game - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Eastern road/Barnsley game (/showthread.php?tid=4076)

Eastern road/Barnsley game - PompeyBlue15 - 25-03-2024

Starting to think the Eastern road may have been the reason the barnsley game was called off. Im not sure if that would have been allowed but surely the police could have had a say as it would have crippled the city if we were at home and the main road into the city shut. 

It was said that MPH was the 3rd call up for Jamaica U23s but i cant even see that theyve had a game since 2023 and he himself posted a youtube video doing personal training wherever he lives during the international break.

I could be wrong and MPH could have indeed been involved internationally but just haven't seen anything about him playing or being anywhere.

RE: Eastern road/Barnsley game - stayinupforever - 25-03-2024

I doubt it is the case but if the game had been called off for roadworks that would be highly unusual. The EFL would want to know why and Barnsley would not be happy. It is a weird one though.

RE: Eastern road/Barnsley game - FiftyYearsOn - 25-03-2024

I think I read somewhere MPH was in the Jamaica U21 squad or some such…

RE: Eastern road/Barnsley game - PompeyBlue15 - 25-03-2024

(25-03-2024, 06:39 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: I doubt it is the case but if the game had been called off for roadworks that would be highly unusual. The EFL would want to know why and Barnsley would not be happy. It is a weird one though.

I get barnsley wouldnt be happy, but neither would their fans travelling 5 hours to get to the outskirts of pompey then not move haha. Which would have been the case if we were playing with the eastern road shut. Highly unlikely i know, just all seems a weird situation.

RE: Eastern road/Barnsley game - Hammie - 26-03-2024

All the more reason for the local politicianS to kick Railtrack hard to get the bridge built.

RE: Eastern road/Barnsley game - Trarchus - 27-03-2024

Checking the times
Havant - Fratton 18:11
Fratton - Havant 22:23
£4.20

Might be the way to go that night.  Smile

RE: Eastern road/Barnsley game - bluetagagain - 27-03-2024

That’s my route but only cost £2.75

RE: Eastern road/Barnsley game - exgaffer - 27-03-2024

(27-03-2024, 10:00 AM)Trarchus Wrote: Checking the times
£4.20

That’s ALWAYS the way to go if you live in the Havant area, or any other local area with a railway station for that matter.

I’ve never understood why people subject themselves to sitting in a car on the Eastern Road for ages when they can be at Fratton in no time for not much money. Obviously if there are strikes or whatever, or no services or bus replacements, that’s a different story.

I have friends in Petersfield who always drive and fret about where they can park for a quick getaway etc. etc. They could avoid all that by getting a train and get the added bonus of not having to worry about having a drink.

Madness imho  Big Grin .

Each to their own of course but I think they are barking mad to drive on match days.

RE: Eastern road/Barnsley game - TBP - 27-03-2024

(27-03-2024, 10:17 AM)exgaffer Wrote:
(27-03-2024, 10:00 AM)Trarchus Wrote: Checking the times
£4.20

That’s ALWAYS the way to go if you live in the Havant area, or any other local area with a railway station for that matter.

I’ve never understood why people subject themselves to sitting in a car on the Eastern Road for ages when they can be at Fratton in no time for not much money. Obviously if there are strikes or whatever, or no services or bus replacements, that’s a different story.

I have friends in Petersfield who always drive and fret about where they can park for a quick getaway etc. etc. They could avoid all that by getting a train and get the added bonus of not having to worry about having a drink.

Madness imho  Big Grin .

Each to their own of course but I think they are barking mad to drive on match days.
As someone who used to live in Petersfield I can confirm that it is a very long wait for the train after a 7.45 kick-off. I guess it's not so bad for an 8.00 start.

RE: Eastern road/Barnsley game - Hammie - 27-03-2024

odd seats popping up on the OS if you are quick, managed to get one.

RE: Eastern road/Barnsley game - mikey393 - 29-03-2024

(25-03-2024, 06:58 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: I think I read somewhere MPH was in the Jamaica U21 squad or some such…

Yes, that's correct & was in the snooze.

Eastern Road has Nothing to do with it!