TrueBlueArmy Forums
Anjorin back - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Anjorin back (/showthread.php?tid=4083)

Anjorin back - PompeyBlue15 - 28-03-2024

Tino Anjorin is back fit and in contention for tomorrows game. Thought he was just looking decent before he got injured. But one thing that ive got to question now he is back, surely him and MPH cant play in the same side? 

Both very similar players and not sure we can have both in the same XI. That being said, good to have more options for the run in!

RE: Anjorin back - slayer - 28-03-2024

One or the other for me.

Neither for a lot of others.

RE: Anjorin back - stayinupforever - 28-03-2024

I said before that I really don't see what Anjorin brings to the team.

RE: Anjorin back - Hammie - 28-03-2024

Both can add a quite good moment but show all the flaws of the current system where Prem clubs hoover up all the best and then only let them play 11 a side 5 a side. Needs to be a total review to find how they can actually learn to be useful players in the real leagues.

RE: Anjorin back - dsmg - 28-03-2024

He only played a handful of games and scored a good goal. I think he was still adapting when he got injured. Difficult to judge so far but obviously has something.

(28-03-2024, 08:22 PM)dsmg Wrote: He only played a handful of games and scored a good goal. I think he was still adapting when he got injured. Difficult to judge so far but obviously has something.

Seemed better than MPH, but then MPH looks twice the player when allowed to play forward rather than deep. MPH seems to need time to stop and think before doing anything, top players never need that time at any age.

RE: Anjorin back - Cunninglinguist - 28-03-2024

(28-03-2024, 08:24 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(28-03-2024, 08:22 PM)dsmg Wrote: He only played a handful of games and scored a good goal. I think he was still adapting when he got injured. Difficult to judge so far but obviously has something.

Seemed better than MPH, but then MPH looks twice the player when allowed to play forward rather than deep. MPH seems to need time to stop and think before doing anything, top players never need that time at any age.

I think the opposite. MPH is far better when he plays instinctively. He seems to choose some odd passes when he has time to think.
Had enough of him anyway and I wasn’t too impressed with Tino either (apart from his very good goal).

RE: Anjorin back - Pedalo_menders - 28-03-2024

Both are young and talented. We know that these young loans blow hot and cold. 

Give each one 45 mins. Tino started slowly but was just beginning to hit some form before his leg exploded. Glad he's back for the run in.

(28-03-2024, 08:51 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(28-03-2024, 08:24 PM)Hammie Wrote:

I think the opposite. MPH is far better when he plays instinctively. He seems to choose some odd passes when he has time to think.
Had enough of him anyway and I wasn’t too impressed with Tino either (apart from his very good goal).

fair point about being better when he just plays off the cuff, not sure that modern coaching encourages that sadly

RE: Anjorin back - bluetagagain - 28-03-2024

He’s better than MPH but I wouldn’t have either of them in the squad. We’ve managed very well without them.

RE: Anjorin back - exgaffer - 28-03-2024

(28-03-2024, 10:30 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: He’s better than MPH but I wouldn’t have either of them in the squad. We’ve managed very well without them.

I agree, he’s better than MPH but neither of them have the strength for a promotion fight. Far too tippy tappy for this level.

I’d only have either of them in the squad as a last resort.

RE: Anjorin back - slayer - 28-03-2024

Neither will be here next season so meh

RE: Anjorin back - D'Alessandro dreaming - 28-03-2024

I really like Tino. I thought just before injury he was showing us something. The skill and technique levels involved in his finish against Reading were insane.

He should basically be an impact sub for the rest ofnthe season though.

RE: Anjorin back - Cunninglinguist - 29-03-2024

He’ll do as an impact sub until Saydee gets back.

RE: Anjorin back - firqdays - 29-03-2024

You would anticipate that both will be aiming to play a significant part in the remaining fixtures when, and if offered the opportunity.

At the end of the day both need to demonstrate to :
a) their parent clubs; or
b) any other potential suitor ( including Pompey) that they are more than worth a new Contract for the 2024/25 season - and at Championship level.

RE: Anjorin back - D'Alessandro dreaming - 29-03-2024

At this stage of the season, not being match fit isn't ideal but then you have to leverage that against the benefit of being fresh when so many players around who have played large numbers of games will be feeling it.

RE: Anjorin back - exgaffer - 29-03-2024

(29-03-2024, 10:05 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: At this stage of the season, not being match fit isn't ideal but then you have to leverage that against the benefit of being fresh when so many players around who have played large numbers of games will be feeling it.

Interesting use of the word ‘leverage’.

Actually match fitness is crucial, most players are fit but if they are not up to speed they just won’t cut it.

You can compensate for lack of match fitness if you are very good but I don’t think Anjorin is that special. I hope he proves me wrong of course.

RE: Anjorin back - mikey393 - 29-03-2024

From what I've seen in person end ofl ast season & until xmas this & via the radio.

Both are good players but inconsistent.

They both need a run of games to show what they can really offer but injuries haven't helped.

Both can play 45 minutes in the No.10 role & both can pick a pass which is what we need a better supply to the strikers. Our Goals scored needs improving compared to our competitors.

RE: Anjorin back - Cunninglinguist - 29-03-2024

Not even a bench warmer.

RE: Anjorin back - mikey393 - 29-03-2024

(29-03-2024, 02:08 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Not even a bench warmer.

Very surprising. Hope Not another injury!