TrueBlueArmy Forums
The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. (/showthread.php?tid=4086)

Pages: 1 2

The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Cressers - 29-03-2024

Over to you...

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Smirnoffexpress - 29-03-2024

Title decider. Now it’s the fans turn to make their point, no nerves, just noise and get right behind the team from the off. Time to go blitzkrieg.

At my command, unleash ................noise!

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Hammie - 29-03-2024

and please a decent ref who does not need to be the star, but does enforce time wasting and cheating yellows.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - stayinupforever - 29-03-2024

Wall of Sound expected.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Gerry Hatrick - 29-03-2024

I prefer Cunni's alliterative headlines.
I hope you haven't jinxed this game!

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Hammie - 29-03-2024

and when using D words, it is compulsory to include Din or Dinlo. Pompey innit

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - foxleyblue - 29-03-2024

(29-03-2024, 05:14 PM)Hammie Wrote: and please a decent ref who does not need to be the star, but does enforce time wasting and cheating yellows.

What, like the ref today? He was the best I've seen so far.

(29-03-2024, 05:27 PM)foxleyblue Wrote:
(29-03-2024, 05:14 PM)Hammie Wrote: and please a decent ref who does not need to be the star, but does enforce time wasting and cheating yellows.

What, like the ref today? He was the best I've seen so far.

yes, clear and told the players what he was doing. and he correctly booked Norris. At home we need to see a lot more of time wasters getting booked.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Pedalo_menders - 29-03-2024

This game has all the makings for a legendary evening. Gutted I won't be there but will be screaming at the telly.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - D'Alessandro dreaming - 29-03-2024

We've given ourselves some margin for error but I don't want to see it eaten into against this lot. Amongst the promotion chasers it is us and Derby who have the most fighting spirit I would say. That ability to get three points any way necessary is something that Bolton, Barnsley and Peterborough all lack despite all looking incredible in patches. Warne and Mousinho are managers with a Plan B and Plan C to go with Plan A. Depending on Monday's results, a draw may end up suiting both. Would love a win though with Derby still missing some key players.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Theyak2 - 30-03-2024

Warne does not have a plan B
He loves a 3-5-2 which was why he got Bradley in.
In a weird way his sending off as helped Derby because he has to go to a flat back four which suits Derby even though he goes back to 3-5-2 at every opportunity.
He bores people to death with his brand of admittedly effective football.
He is a great manager to get out of this league but in the cha.pionship he has never delivered and to prove that point no one has given him a chance to prove otherwise.
Derby fans love him and hate him in equal amounts. They are no mugs. Another big side for this league, they like us, just want out!
Would I take a draw Tuesday?
Yes, we have a game in hand and could after it be 8 points clear of Derby.
However, we are on our own patch, it's sure to be a bear pit inside Fratton on Tuesday under the lights.
8 points clear, game in hand, just 7 matches left.
Yeah I want the win alright.
Watching Fratton 'bounce around at the top of the league'! Yes please

Play Up Pompey

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Hermann's_no_hermit - 30-03-2024

(30-03-2024, 10:07 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: Warne does not have a plan B
He loves a 3-5-2 which was why he got Bradley in.
In a weird way his sending off as helped Derby because he has to go to a flat back four which suits Derby even though he goes back to 3-5-2 at every opportunity.
He bores people to death with his brand of admittedly effective football.
He is a great manager to get out of this league but in the cha.pionship he has never delivered and to prove that point  no one has given him a chance to prove otherwise.
Derby fans love him and hate him in equal amounts. They are no mugs. Another big side for this league, they like us, just want out!
Would I take a draw Tuesday?
Yes, we have a game in hand and could after it be 8 points clear of Derby.
However, we are on our own patch, it's sure to be a bear pit inside Fratton on Tuesday under the lights.
8 points clear, game in hand, just 7 matches left.
Yeah I want the win alright.
Watching Fratton 'bounce around at the top of the league'! Yes please

Play Up Pompey

Six games now so only 5 left after Tuesday. 8 point lead with a game in hand over Derby and only 5 games left would indeed be massive. Can't be there on Tuesday but like Pedalo will be screaming at the telly.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Cunninglinguist - 31-03-2024

The team who will be dreading the result of this game most, is Bolton.

I believe (and have done so for some time) that they will miss out this season.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - TitchfieldBlue - 31-03-2024

Hard game to call this. I have a bad feeling about this game though.

I think we might struggle to contain Mendez Laing and Collins though. They do have some very good attackers and a solid defence too.

We have been brilliant but we are due a bad result.

Pompey 0-1 Derby

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Smirnoffexpress - 31-03-2024

(31-03-2024, 02:02 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: Hard game to call this. I have a bad feeling about this game though.

I think we might struggle to contain Mendez Laing and Collins though. They do have some very good attackers and a solid defence too.

Pompey 0-1 Derby

You may well be correct........coont.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - farq2 - 31-03-2024

(31-03-2024, 02:15 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:
(31-03-2024, 02:02 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: Hard game to call this. I have a bad feeling about this game though.

Pompey 0-1 Derby

You may well be correct........coont.

can't remember him ever being right, hope his run of tipping form continues.
I'm going for 0-0

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Smirnoffexpress - 31-03-2024

Just got a feeling in my bones that it’s going to be a mad one. 4-1 to whichever team stays on top of the occasion.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Hermann's_no_hermit - 31-03-2024

I am going for 2-1. Reckon it will be a similar game to the Oxford one for some reason. Get that wall of sound going to help us get over the line.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - exgaffer - 31-03-2024

For a start this game is not decisive, if Derby win it gives them a glimmer of hope for the title, that is all.

Second, from what I’ve seen of Derby, we are the better team by far. Granted they have some good players but not as many as us imo. Our forward line is at least as good as theirs, our midfield is far superior and our defence is better than theirs. On that basis I think we will win something like 3-1.

If we don’t win I still think we will win the league.

The weather is looking a bit dodgy unfortunately, hopefully that won’t influence the outcome.

PUP

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Cunninglinguist - 31-03-2024

If we don’t defeat Derby in the dramatic, decisive, destiny defining duel, dare to dream dat dis don’t decide diddly squat!

You dig?

Debate, dudes.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - bluetagagain - 31-03-2024

3-0 Pompey.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Rocketman - 01-04-2024

3-1 Pompey

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Rocketman - 01-04-2024

Whatever the score (and let's hope for a home-win), I hope both teams go up, and Bolton. Three proper football clubs.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Cunninglinguist - 01-04-2024

3-1

Realistically. I think they might score one.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Theyak2 - 01-04-2024

Home win.
It's not decisive for us.
It is for them. Lose and they can kiss goodbye to the title and will look over their shoulders.
It all depends on Bolton's result today.
If they beat Reading, then it's game on.
Paul Warne's brand of football will get him relieved of his job even if Derby go up.
He is that negative.
If we can score early Derby will have to come out and play.
I read on their site of several fans not 'impressed' with us, where have we heard that before?
We walked out of theirs with a point that our play deserved 3 on the day really.
Tomorrow is our chance to ease that weight of expectation on the team.
The fans will do us proud. Derby are going to walk into a bear pit of a stadium tomorrow and they know it.
Let's not disappoint them.