TrueBlueArmy Forums
Ref watch - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Ref watch (/showthread.php?tid=4111)

Ref watch - Theyak2 - 02-04-2024

I'm fecking livid!
How was it not a red
And
How was that not a penalty.
Tbf
Alot of his decisions were baffling for both sides.
Derby may moan about a handball leading up to moxon's rocket but that's just was it deliberate.
The fact he just got important decisions plain wrong that would of reduced Derby to 10 and a penalty given as well is scandalous.
One thing I won't miss about this league is the complet 'shit' it's given as referees!

RE: Ref watch - Hammie - 02-04-2024

Funnily enough he was fine.

RE: Ref watch - South Coast steve - 02-04-2024

(02-04-2024, 09:27 PM)Hammie Wrote: Funnily enough he was fine.

The handball in the first half was at least a yellow  and he could easily had a yellow in the 2nd half for time wasting. But otherwise to be fair  the ref did ok as it was a difficult game to manage given the weather

RE: Ref watch - briefcase_wanchor - 02-04-2024

Agreed, it’s a fairly sad state of affairs - tonight being no exception. No wonder they are bringing Septics over to help out.

Have to say, the man in the middle is rarely helped out by the equally inept linesmen. Sometimes it’s beyond belief.

RE: Ref watch - Hammie - 02-04-2024

I was watching live in the ground, I suspect watching with replays and close ups online might give a different view. The slip by the keeper could have been a yellow but given the pitch, a free kick seemed reasonable at the time. I'd still like to see refs given a pitch side screen to use if they wish. As per NFL.

RE: Ref watch - Lawrence - 02-04-2024

(02-04-2024, 10:08 PM)South Coast steve Wrote:

The handball in the first half was at least a yellow  and he could easily had a yellow in the 2nd half for time wasting. But otherwise to be fair  the ref did ok as it was a difficult game to manage given the weather

I agree but he did give the benefit of the doubt to the goalie then later booked lane when he was sliding through the rain.

L1 tv refs get all excited about being on TV and are usually gash but I thought he was ok. Wasn't a penalty but without sky cameras I've seen them given in other games.

RE: Ref watch - D'Alessandro dreaming - 02-04-2024

Looking at the close ups, I think it is almost certainly a penalty we should have had there. Probably difficult to give though as the foul is obscured a bit by the other Derby player involved.

RE: Ref watch - Pedalo_menders - 02-04-2024

Deffo a penalty. He gets squished between two defenders, neither of which got anywhere near the ball and wiped Tino out.

There was sufficient contact to warrant it being a pen. Clearly a foul. Ref's a bottlejob but its ok because its not gonna stop us winning the league!!!

RE: Ref watch - Jizbag - 03-04-2024

Stonewall penalty. No doubt. And a red on Kamara but the stupid coont commentating (utter wanker) said it was ok.

RE: Ref watch - bluebollox - 03-04-2024

(02-04-2024, 10:22 PM)Lawrence Wrote:
(02-04-2024, 10:08 PM)South Coast steve Wrote:

I agree but he did give the benefit of the doubt to the goalie then later booked lane when he was sliding through the rain.

L1 tv refs get all excited about being on TV and are usually gash but I thought he was ok. Wasn't a penalty but without sky cameras I've seen them given in other games.

Lol, absolutely was a pen. Tino was running into the box in line with my seat in the FE. There was no reason for him to go to ground unless he was fouled which of course he was. Ref bottled it.

RE: Ref watch - Gerry Hatrick - 03-04-2024

Both defenders had a hand on Tino as he wriggled through. For me the question about these type of possible penalties is this: how much pressure was there from the contact. This is a very difficult thing to determine from afar. Does the ref assume it's a little or enough to give a pen? For me, I agree with Lawrence interpretation that there wasn't any need for him to go down as he would have been clean through. Ref should have taken that into account and given a pen.
By the way, how old was he? 17?

RE: Ref watch - BilltheCat - 03-04-2024

29 apparently.

RE: Ref watch - Hammie - 03-04-2024

it looked to me (and listening to the commentary later) that they judge each player individually and neither was judged to do enough. Looked like a classic sandwich to me. The elbow across the neck for one.
At full speed and right in front of us in the South Stand, it fell into that "seen them given" "seen them not given"
I don't take replays and all that into account, especially as I definitely do not want to ever have to watch games ruined by waiting for VAR.
Keep it in the stadium with the team of officials. Give the 4th official a screen and a buzzer like the linos to alert the ref to come and have a look. In my profession, handing authority over to someone else simply loses the respect of pupils, keep it with the man in the middle and his assistants.

RE: Ref watch - Northstandgeorge - 03-04-2024

(03-04-2024, 11:22 AM)Hammie Wrote: it looked to me (and listening to the commentary later) that they judge each player individually and neither was judged to do enough. Looked like a classic sandwich to me. The elbow across the neck for one.
At full speed and right in front of us in the South Stand, it fell into that "seen them given" "seen them not given"
I don't take replays and all that into account, especially as I definitely do not want to ever have to watch games ruined by waiting for VAR.
Keep it in the stadium with the team of officials. Give the 4th official a screen and a buzzer like the linos to alert the ref to come and have a look. In my profession, handing authority over to someone else simply loses the respect of pupils, keep it with the man in the middle and his assistants.

Pretty pleased there was no var last night. Pretty sure both our goals would have been ruled out. First looked offside 2nd handball. Probably we would have got a penalty for the challenge on Anjorin
and a closer look at the challenge on Kamara may well have resulted in a red card. But given the conditions it was a hard game to referee.

RE: Ref watch - FiftyYearsOn - 03-04-2024

First one was close but onside having seen it back in slow slow motion.

RE: Ref watch - DeepBlue - 03-04-2024

(03-04-2024, 05:40 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: First one was close but onside having seen it back in slow slow motion.

I thought he looked onside on the SKysports video, but Ifollow shows an angle where his right foot was definitely offside compared to the defender if you pause it as it leaves Bishop's foot, assuming the grass cut line is straight. But so close you could not criticise the linesman for calling it the other way without a replay to look at.

RE: Ref watch - Hammie - 03-04-2024

(03-04-2024, 05:57 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 05:40 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: First one was close but onside having seen it back in slow slow motion.

I thought he looked onside on the SKysports video, but Ifollow shows an angle where his right foot was definitely offside compared to the defender if you pause it as it leaves Bishop's foot, assuming the grass cut line is straight. But so close you could not criticise the linesman for calling it the other way without a replay to look at.

and giving any advantage to the attacking player is should be.

RE: Ref watch - PompeyBlue15 - 03-04-2024

(03-04-2024, 05:13 PM)Northstandgeorge Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 11:22 AM)Hammie Wrote: it looked to me (and listening to the commentary later) that they judge each player individually and neither was judged to do enough. Looked like a classic sandwich to me. The elbow across the neck for one.

Pretty pleased there was no var last night. Pretty sure both our goals would have been ruled out. First looked offside 2nd handball. Probably we would have got a penalty for the challenge on Anjorin
and a closer look at the challenge on Kamara may well have resulted in a red card. But given the conditions it was a hard game to referee.

With VAR the first one would have been mightily close and come down to the lines on the pitch. But the second one would not have been disallowed, would have only been looked at if rafferty had gone on a run and scored himself. He didnt even assist the goal so wouldnt have been an issue.

As for the earlier comments about the ref giving the keeper two yellows. Had he already been on a yellow he probably wouldnt have wasted as much time, but there is also no chance that a ref would give a goalkeeper a yellow card for timewasting if it meant a red card. Just never happens even though it probably should at times.