TrueBlueArmy Forums
POTS - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: POTS (/showthread.php?tid=4118)

Pages: 1 2

POTS - DeepBlue - 04-04-2024

A few weeks ago when we debated the Player of the Season I seem to recall that Pack, Shaughnessy & Lane were probably people's top picks. 

A few weeks later and I think things have chaanged. In my reckoming Kamara would now be ahead of Lane, and personally I would now rate Raggett above Shaughnessy for the award and I'd put Bishop back in the mix. Meanwhile Pack has surely consolidated his position and must now be odds on. 

My top four now would be Pack, Raggett, Shaughnessy & Bishop. 

And we should start having a Young PLlayer of the Season award too so we can give Kamara something to take back to Norwich.

RE: POTS - dsmg - 04-04-2024

Captain Fantastic gets my vote.

RE: POTS - Rocketman - 04-04-2024

Pack, Bishop, Raggett, Shaughnessy.

RE: POTS - 66zoolane - 04-04-2024

Probably Pack for me, but Raggett is right up there - stepped straight up when it mattered and just got on with it as he always does, with never a moan.

RE: POTS - briefcase_wanchor - 04-04-2024

Difference in Pack between last season and this is immense. More so in attitude. Gone from a temperamental discipline risk who easily turned on his own players to a first class captain.

RE: POTS - Bedhamptonblue69 - 04-04-2024

All those are in with a shout , but Raggett or Shaugnessey for me . I’d go for Raggett if pushed . Stepped in when the absolute rock Poole got injured and we haven’t missed him in my opinion .

RE: POTS - Rocketman - 04-04-2024

All good comments. We're so lucky to have all 4, and most of the others not on the list. V lucky to have JM, and the Eisners too.

RE: POTS - slayer - 04-04-2024

Pick someone who you don't mind leaving. Thr award is cursed.

Give it to Kamara. Well deserved, head and shoulders most improved player over the season and someone who will be gone next summer regardless.

RE: POTS - Hammie - 04-04-2024

(04-04-2024, 08:06 PM)slayer Wrote: Pick someone who you don't mind leaving. Thr award is cursed.

Give it to Kamara. Well deserved, head and shoulders most improved player over the season and someone who will be gone next summer regardless.

exactly what you want from a young loan, young player of the year indeed.

RE: POTS - Pedalo_menders - 04-04-2024

POTS - Pack
Loan OTS - Kamara
Most improved: Rags & Yengi

Very excited for the likes of Devlin, Lane, Yengi, Swanson, Sparkes to see how they build on this season.

RE: POTS - simonfkwit - 04-04-2024

Pack nailed on.

Would've been closer had Robertson and Poole not got injured.

RE: POTS - Cunninglinguist - 05-04-2024

Raggett, just.

I’ve seen Pack have a few mediocre games (he really has been excellent otherwise) but Raggett has been so consistent.

If it’s a matter of ability then Pack gets it but week in, week out……….

Incidentally, has anyone noticed how often Pack goes to Raggett (more so than any other player)?

RE: POTS - PompeyBlue15 - 05-04-2024

Has Raggett really been that much better than Shaugnessy. Or is everyone just so worried every time Raggett gets the ball at his feet that because he hasnt made any mistakes that has made him get the better reviews. Shaugnessy been an absolute rock all season and gone very under the radar because of everyone focusing on Raggett in my opinion. 

That being said, Pack player of the season and im not sure it will end up even being close in the voting. He's also on the shortlist of 3 for the league player of the season, so wouldnt make much sense if he doesnt sweep up our awards  Big Grin

RE: POTS - Trarchus - 05-04-2024

Still Shaughnessy or Pack for me. 
Raggett and Ogilvie have been brilliant, but the other two have been ever present near on.  
Agree about Kamara, 'young player of the year' or 'most improved player'. Kamara has been outstanding at times, more so recently.

RE: POTS - slayer - 05-04-2024

Sentiment will have a hand and Pack will win it

RE: POTS - TitchfieldBlue - 05-04-2024

Has to be Shaughnessy. Hasn't he played every game? Been solid too and scored important goals.

You can't give it to players who have missed chunks of the season through injury, I.e 6 weeks.

Pack will win it obviously because he's a Pompey lad.

RE: POTS - RavoPFC - 05-04-2024

Has to be Pack. At times he has dragged this team over the line kicking and screaming. Raggett albeit not really playing until Novermber, must be in with a shout too. Can't think of him putting a foot wrong since Pooles injury.

RE: POTS - Gerry Hatrick - 05-04-2024

Pompey lad gets us up. For me, the cherry on top of any celebrations come May. Marlon's the man.

RE: POTS - Lawrence - 05-04-2024

(05-04-2024, 12:15 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Pompey lad gets us up. For me, the cherry on top of any celebrations come May. Marlon's the man.

And that's why he'll get the nod. He's on fire at the moment and, given the attention span of the average football fan (not aimed at anyone in particular) it would be deserved because the last month or so he's been particularly excellent. I think it should go to Raggett because a lot of people (including me) thought when Poole got done that would be the beginning of the end of our defensive strength.

I'm not saying anything new in that he's hardly made any goal conceding errors since being frozen out, his distribution has improved immensely and you can argue that we haven't missed Poole at all - at least at the back. When we lost Robertson and Morrell, we had to sign replacements. We didn't need to with Raggett.

Fan sentiment will mean Pack will get the vote - particularly as I'm not sure he'll be able to step up to a full Championship season (if we go up).

I feel for the Nessy too (not literally) as he hardly gets Man of the Match awards because the flash barstewards in front of him are grabbing the headlines.

It's a bit odd debate really coz for the last few years, the award has been for the player that hasn't let us down as much as rest, rather than for actually been good.

RE: POTS - DeepBlue - 05-04-2024

Surely Pack will get the nod over Raggett because he is a much better player. 

Nothing to do with sentiment, both score highly on that front, but Pack has been a strong leader on and off the pitch as well as performing excellently in his own role whereas Raggett has just exceeded expectations. Brilliantly admittedly, but how often has his performance on the pitch been better then Pack's ? Probably in no more than 4 or 5 games with great rearguard actions.

RE: POTS - Theyak2 - 05-04-2024

(04-04-2024, 09:19 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: Pack nailed on.

Would've been closer had Robertson and Poole not got injured.

Just how long ago would we have won yhe league with those 2?

Simply amazing

RE: POTS - Hammie - 05-04-2024

Although Robertson did leave us short of goals from the ten position.
I'd love to have him back and playing deep next season.
We will need a bigger goal threat from that position, Lang with his energy and goal threat showed us what we were missing I think.

RE: POTS - TiHKAL - 05-04-2024

Robertson was/is class and had he stayed fit would surely have been a contender.

RE: POTS - Pedalo_menders - 06-04-2024

We'd probably be 20 points clear (instead lf a measly 10) if we had Robertson and Poole fit for the whole season!

RE: POTS - Jezzer - 06-04-2024

Great to have so many options. Well though Raggers has played  I personally wouldn't have him down as my POTS, but he must be a shoe-in for a Hall of Fame induction when the time comes