TrueBlueArmy Forums
Lincoln limit tickets - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Lincoln limit tickets (/showthread.php?tid=4123)

Pages: 1 2

Lincoln limit tickets - Theyak2 - 05-04-2024

I guess that was to be expected.
It's a shame for Pompey fans that would and could sell two sides of their ground but they are giving their own chances the best possible outcome!
They'd better not fuck it up between now and then because that could end up with egg on their faces!
Reading imps forum I was a little taken aback to read that they think we are 'entitled fans'!
Really?
Having been sold up the river by the prem, bought and sold between crooks and mystery non existent Arabs. Having sunk to the bottom of league two and fighting not just for our lives but actual existence with little sympathy from anyone.
We turn it around, survive in last 3 games. Buy the club and get us back to league 1 before finding a great custodian. We make it better at fratton for the visiting fans and home fans alike. We play and consistently miss out and now finally having a great season where we have sold out everywhere and somehow, we are 'entitled'!
Those individual posters there and there are more than one need to get out a little more often. 
Dickheads!
I understand Why lincoln have done this but its a first. They have given the whole stand to teams this year who can sell it out.
Can we not then?
We'd take away more than they get at home if allowed!pompey fans will most certainly be letting their thoughts known on the day.
Hopefully, we are already champs by then and the day is just a celebration for us.
But rather than celebrating with lincoln I now feel pompey owe it to us and lincoln to put a right spanner in their works!
They have been doing fantastically well but so have we and not just since January but from the very start of the season.
We have already beaten them once, doing it again this time may just be the icing on the cake@

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - JBPFC45 - 05-04-2024

Fuck Lincoln we will be champs by then, Sick of these shit non league grounds, Going to Bolton next week, Proper ground, Hope Lincoln come 7th.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Pedalo_menders - 05-04-2024

Lincoln have my favourite crest. At least they have sold out the other stands. Can't begrudge them wanting to sell their home allocation first. 

It would be great if this game was for nothing on both sides and we could enjoy watching the yoof have a go ( or see a couple of the injured players get a run out. 

Win our next 2 and we are up!

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Hammie - 05-04-2024

Some of our fans do actually seem to feel entitled, especially as regards away tickets. We had quite a long conversation about that on here a few weeks/months back.
If we are already done and dusted, last games of the season can actually be a bit anti climactic. A "friendly" at the end of a long hard competitive season is the worst sort of game I've ever been to.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - TheSyrup - 05-04-2024

If they lose to reading and Oxford, then it’s all over for them and a real anti climax

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Cunninglinguist - 05-04-2024

I hope they do make it.

As to a small minority of their fans calling us entitled, having read this thread, I’m afraid they might be right.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Theyak2 - 06-04-2024

Every club has them Cunning but even the recent history of our club deserves at least some recognition for what has been a relatively recent catastrophic period.
99% of our fans understand this.
I've actually loved our time in this league but want a move upwards.
The club as a whole on and off the park have been a credit to this league.
Is it so hard to say, well done and look at the positives

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Hammie - 06-04-2024

One thing that should not be forgotten is how welcome Notts County and their owner made us when we were getting promoted from the 2nd. Going back a lot further, Bradford City did the same for us with Harry's team. I was lucky enough to be stewarding on the first coach to arrive (and leave after) and saw the welcome most of the Bradford fans gave us both arriving and as that huge convoy of coaches pulled away after the game.
Having said that, I can understand why Plymouth were less impressed even longer ago.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Smirnoffexpress - 06-04-2024

Us entitled? Reading fans need to take a good look in the mirror. Who do they think they are to judge us? They are a social club for pig farmers with a football team! They gloated when we nearly went out of existence. But we didn’t. The people of this City and this club had a bit about them, we bought our club and saved it. They whine and chuck tennis balls, the fucking clowns.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Cunninglinguist - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 05:53 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Us entitled? Reading fans need to take a good look in the mirror. Who do they think they are to judge us? They are a social club for pig farmers with a football team! They gloated when we nearly went out of existence. But we didn’t. The people of this City and this club had a bit about them, we bought our club and saved it. They whine and chuck tennis balls, the fucking clowns.

Chuckle.

Reading is not the same as reading, ya daft twat!

As to claims that we are ‘entitled’….does no one else see the irony of using words like ‘deserve’ and then being indignant at be regarded as ‘entitled’?

Guilty as charged. Take him down, constable.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Trarchus - 06-04-2024

I see the owner of the Lincoln forum lift one tweet from one person, trying to stir-up something out of nothing. 

I'm all for packed grounds, we've had some great crowds and games at FP with the Milton End being packed with away fans.
Lincoln management might regret not taking the opportunity of nailed on revenue.

Their ground capacity is 10,669

Their average gate this season is around 8,500

They are having fantastic season, regardless of whether they go up or not. Why shouldn’t they enable the maximum amount of their own fans the chance to attend a potential playoff winning place match,against the possible league champs and the team in second place in the form table?

Talk about ‘entitled’.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Smirnoffexpress - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 06:26 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 05:53 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Us entitled? Reading fans need to take a good look in the mirror. Who do they think they are to judge us? They are a social club for pig farmers with a football team! They gloated when we nearly went out of existence. But we didn’t. The people of this City and this club had a bit about them, we bought our club and saved it. They whine and chuck tennis balls, the fucking clowns.

Chuckle.

Reading is not the same as reading, ya daft twat!

As to claims that we are ‘entitled’….does no one else see the irony of using words like ‘deserve’ and then being indignant at be regarded as ‘entitled’?

Guilty as charged. Take him down, constable.

How can you expect me to spell something right, when I’m barely aware of their existence! Big Grin

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - stayinupforever - 06-04-2024

Exactly how many are we getting?

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Theyak2 - 06-04-2024

Cunning
Deserving recognition for what had been a traumatic period in the clubs history and how it was dealt with is somewhat short of entitled.
I hope your next shit is a hedgehog! :-)

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Trarchus - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 08:46 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: Cunning
Deserving recognition for what had been a traumatic period in the clubs history and how it was dealt with is somewhat short of entitled.

Wanting tickets to see your team play doesn't come under 'entitled' in my opinion. 
You can't have it both ways, how many clubs have actually benefited in L1 from our fan base's desire to watch our team over the past years?
Even Lincoln.  Didn't hear too much moaning then. 
My point also, what happens if Lincoln fail to reach the play-offs.  Will the demand be the same against us?
Hence, me saying, it might be a mistake not to take guaranteed cash now.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - DeepBlue - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 09:50 AM)Trarchus Wrote:

Wanting tickets to see your team play doesn't come under 'entitled' in my opinion. 
You can't have it both ways, how many clubs have actually benefited in L1 from our fan base's desire to watch our team over the past years?
Even Lincoln.  Didn't hear too much moaning then. 
My point also, what happens if Lincoln fail to reach the play-offs.  Will the demand be the same against us?
Hence, me saying, it might be a mistake not to take guaranteed cash now.

Expecting Lincoln to accommodate our fans ahead of their own for what could be the one of biggest games in their history just becasue we have taken lots there before does come across as a bit 'entitled'.  Yes, they may have dropped out of the play-off chances by then, but that is very unlikely. It's probably more likely that we will be champions already with nothing to play for.  

They will have done this because of demand that has already happened, so the tickets will be sold, so no risk of them losing out. 

If we were doing similar I don't think any of us would think there was anything wrong about it.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - stayinupforever - 06-04-2024

Is this actually a non-story?

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Lawrence - 06-04-2024

(05-04-2024, 06:04 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: I guess that was to be expected.
It's a shame for Pompey fans that would and could sell two sides of their ground but they are giving their own chances the best possible outcome!
They'd better not fuck it up between now and then because that could end up with egg on their faces!
Reading imps forum I was a little taken aback to read that they think we are 'entitled fans'!
Really?
Having been sold up the river by the prem, bought and sold between crooks and mystery non existent Arabs. Having sunk to the bottom of league two and fighting not just for our lives but actual existence with little sympathy from anyone.
We turn it around, survive in last 3 games. Buy the club and get us back to league 1 before finding a great custodian. We make it better at fratton for the visiting fans and home fans alike. We play and consistently miss out and now finally having a great season where we have sold out everywhere and somehow, we are 'entitled'!
Those individual posters there and there are more than one need to get out a little more often. 
Dickheads!
I understand Why lincoln have done this but its a first. They have given the whole stand to teams this year who can sell it out.
Can we not then?
We'd take away more than they get at home if allowed!pompey fans will most certainly be letting their thoughts known on the day.
Hopefully, we are already champs by then and the day is just a celebration for us.
But rather than celebrating with lincoln I now feel pompey owe it to us and lincoln to put a right spanner in their works!
They have been doing fantastically well but so have we and not just since January but from the very start of the season.
We have already beaten them once, doing it again this time may just be the icing on the cake@

There's a huge difference between social media fans and actual fans. No complaints against Lincoln as its a small ground and they have somethingto play for, but Bolton is different. They have the space and given plenty more tickets to the likes of Derby and Wigan (a bitter rivalry too) this season. There is no excuse other than thet are scared of what our support could do to our team. I hope the lucky ones going make a wall of sound that makes up for it and more.

Ps. Some of the lower league teams and fans have actually been hugely supportive. I particularly remember the Accrington chairman being a top bloke and i certainly have more respectfor how these leagueshave been hung out to dry mby the Premier League. L1 and l2 has taught me a bit of humily and given me more appreciation of just how lucky I am to be a pompey fan on the way to the championship (hopefully).

So, in conclusion, fuck Bolton and get promoted.

Pps: anyone remember when our esteemed owners of the time turf out our fans in the Norf terrace to fit wba fans on the last game of the season. Still annoys me to this day.

(06-04-2024, 11:06 AM)Lawrence Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 06:04 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: I guess that was to be expected.
Really?
Dickheads!
Can we not then?

There's a huge difference between social media fans and actual fans. No complaints against Lincoln as its a small ground and they have somethingto play for, but Bolton is different. They have the space and given plenty more tickets to the likes of Derby and Wigan (a bitter rivalry too) this season. There is no excuse other than thet are scared of what our support could do to our team. I hope the lucky ones going make a wall of sound that makes up for it and more.

Ps. Some of the lower league teams and fans have actually been hugely supportive. I particularly remember the Accrington chairman being a top bloke and i certainly have more respectfor how these leagueshave been hung out to dry mby the Premier League. L1 and l2 has taught me a bit of humily and given me more appreciation of just how lucky I am to be a pompey fan on the way to the championship (hopefully).

So, in conclusion, fuck Bolton and get promoted.

Pps: anyone remember when our esteemed owners of the time turf out our fans in the Norf terrace to fit wba fans on the last game of the season. Still annoys me to this day.

It hasn’t taught me an humily at all and it might be a bit late to learn.

But other than that, I’m largely in agreement.

Always thought Bolton fans were a bit entitled.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - dsmg - 06-04-2024

I think we’re entitled to be entitled

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Hermann's_no_hermit - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 12:34 PM)dsmg Wrote: I think we’re entitled to be entitled

And I'm entitled to think that we are entitled to be entitled.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Milkins - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 08:45 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: Exactly how many are we getting?

On the basis that nobody seems to have answered this...

I am told that we are getting 1000 tickets, of which 300 will go to away season ticket holders & supporters clubs.

To have a chance at the 700 remaining you probs need 88 points.

That is what I was told anyway.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - JBPFC45 - 07-04-2024

We are getting 1132 tickets. I'm going to Bolton so fuck Lincoln hope they come 7th.

RE: Lincoln limit tickets - Cunninglinguist - 07-04-2024

I don’t really see why any other fans should particularly care. Unfortunately, a lot of clubs have suffered far worse than we have and to suggest that their fans are any less passionate would be silly. 
We have (a certain section of ‘we’) done what most football fans would do (scummers didn’t!!!!!) and put our money and effort where our mouths are. We are very fortunate enough to have a big enough fan base to make that a possibility.

All of that has nothing to do with how many tickets we should get from Lincoln though. They have their eyes on promotion and they are entitled to allow as many of their own fans as possible to view their team trying to achieve that. If I were Lincoln’s chairman, I would have done exactly the same.