TrueBlueArmy Forums
Eric Eisner's most informative interview? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Eric Eisner's most informative interview? (/showthread.php?tid=4139)

Eric Eisner's most informative interview? - Mostlysunny - 10-04-2024

Don't know who this lad Dan Shaw is, but fair play to the guy as he really got EE to open up by asking some cracking questions...

Eric Eisner Interview ahead of Shrewsbury 06/04/2024 (youtube.com)

.....and to hear EE say that plans are already well in hand for next season really confirms how committed the Owners are and how well they're running the show.

RE: Eric Eisner's most informative interview? - Hammie - 10-04-2024

I cannot see how anyone could say that we have ever had better owners.

RE: Eric Eisner's most informative interview? - Pedalo_menders - 10-04-2024

They were a bit slow out of the blocks, focusing on the wrong things but have drastically improved things in the last 2-3 years

RE: Eric Eisner's most informative interview? - Daniel - 10-04-2024

(10-04-2024, 02:54 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: They were a bit slow out of the blocks, focusing on the wrong things but have drastically improved things in the last 2-3 years

They were too loyal to jackett but learnt to bite the bullet when it was going badly under Cowley

RE: Eric Eisner's most informative interview? - firqdays - 10-04-2024

We are blessed to have them, however after all the clag we have suffered across the years, we probably deserve to have the Eisner family.

" God save the EISNER ' s "

RE: Eric Eisner's most informative interview? - D'Alessandro dreaming - 10-04-2024

They are impressive. There have been a few missteps along the way. 18/19 could have been an early morale boosting success for them and would have only requires a modest January spend to get over the line, instead we missed our promotion window and that didn't open up again until this season. At times progress has felt a bit glacial in pace too and a few small errors here and there that incoted negativity.

That said, I don't think people really grasp how much there was and still is to do to make Pompey a fully functioning, modern football club. I love Fratton Park but the old girl was creaking a bit and even now the Milton end being opened up to home fans is having some teething problems. Disabled away fans were having to sit in front of home fans. We didn't own a training ground of our own and we had fallen so far behind off the pitch as well as on. Teams we used to play as a nice little favour in pre season are now Premier League regulars. This was never going to be some rocket fuelled fairytale ride back to the Premier League in a few short years.

RE: Eric Eisner's most informative interview? - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 10-04-2024

Thanks for that brilliant interview Eric. Brick by brick….

RE: Eric Eisner's most informative interview? - firqdays - 11-04-2024

..... Eric mentioning the threat from the Council , to reduce safe capacity to c. 10,000 wow!

I say again, how they picked us I am not sure - but we should ALL be so very grateful that it happened.