TrueBlueArmy Forums
Sky sports next season... - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Sky sports next season... (/showthread.php?tid=4148)

Sky sports next season... - PompeyBlue15 - 12-04-2024

Be prepared for a whole lot of late kick off changes and lack of traditional 3pm kick offs at Fratton Park should be secure promotion!

Each season, Sky Sports will broadcast a minimum of:
328 Sky Bet Championship matches
248 Sky Bet League One matches
248 Sky Bet League Two matches
All 15 Play-Off matches
All 93 Carabao Cup matches
All 127 EFL Trophy matches

Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown. Five matches will be shown from the Sky Bet Championship and supporters of Sky Bet League One and League Two teams will now benefit from greater coverage than ever before with five of their games being broadcast live. For the first time ever, fans will be also able to watch every match from the Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy.

All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL will be shown live, as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One and League Two during international breaks.'

It's better for the clubs bank account and viewers who cant make every game, but terrible for tradition and most probably the travelling away fans.

RE: Sky sports next season... - slayer - 12-04-2024

Probably going to need to drop down to sharing a season ticket with another member of the family from next year because of this.

RE: Sky sports next season... - Hammie - 12-04-2024

I wonder just how good it would be for club finances if they had to refund ST holders for games that they could not now attend?
That is something that should be put in place by the govt Tsar along with no changes to KO time/date after any tickets have been sold, including hospitality.
Of course it won't happen, but it should.

What I would like to see is if a game is rearranged and a fan can't make it, a credit is made to their account for the full value of the ticket, and in the case of STH that full value is the walk up value for the ticket, not the pro rata value. In return the ticket reallocated for resale

RE: Sky sports next season... - stayinupforever - 12-04-2024

F**k Sky.

RE: Sky sports next season... - briefcase_wanchor - 12-04-2024

I’ve loved the run of 3pm Sat kick offs in recent years. This really looks like the beginning of the end for the traditional football fan. 12:30 kick offs suffer atmosphere wise. They just feel wrong. Late kick offs on a Sat also feel like they are treading on the toes of a good old midweek floodlit game.

RE: Sky sports next season... - Slagger - 12-04-2024

Expect a few Friday night fixtures.

Football was bought by Sky for sale to their viewers long ago. They give no fucks about it also being sold to in person viewers. They've made their money and the rest of us can go fuck ourselves. It isn't ours, it's theirs.

RE: Sky sports next season... - kindofblue - 12-04-2024

(12-04-2024, 01:53 PM)slayer Wrote: Football was bought by Sky for sale to their viewers long ago. They give no fucks about it also being sold to in person viewers. They've made their money and the rest of us can go fuck ourselves. It isn't ours, it's theirs.

Fvck Murdoch.....
He sacked my old man way back in the day.
Mind you, newspaper printers were a right bunch of shysters....

RE: Sky sports next season... - Hammie - 12-04-2024

Not only Sky either. At least when it was just them, you knew where to spend your money. Spreading it around over
3 or 4 platforms makes it even more difficult, expensive and more inconvenient kick off times wise.

RE: Sky sports next season... - TheSyrup - 12-04-2024

I’m surprised that they are still trading considering 8-10 people are watching on an Amazon stick.

RE: Sky sports next season... - PompeyBlue15 - 12-04-2024

(12-04-2024, 03:20 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: I’m surprised that they are still trading considering 8-10 people are watching on an Amazon stick.

They make enough from one person paying full price every month (£100+) to cover the rest who are not paying to watch the games. Would imagine if it hurt them that much they would be doing a hell of a lot more to stop it!

With the opening day, final day, bank holidays and midweek games all live on tv, then thats around 10 games guaranteed i guess at. Will be interesting to see just how much this affects ticket sales or people who have a season ticket and miss half the games.

RE: Sky sports next season... - DeepBlue - 13-04-2024

The biggest shame is that Ifollow will no longer be there. 

For all its faults as a provider the commentary from Andy Moon & Guy Whittingham is top class and now we will have to put up with the rubbish commentators that Sky provide, and not all games being covered.

RE: Sky sports next season... - bluetagagain - 13-04-2024

I’d imagine they’ll still be on Express

RE: Sky sports next season... - Hammie - 13-04-2024

We will have to see how it goes. But talking season tickets. I gave mine up after the first season in the Prem as I could not make Sunday or Monday evening games due to other commitments. I cannot imagine I was the only one. The fact that my ST doubled in price for fewer games and even less that I could attend, also helped make the decision.
The clubs need to properly look at this and making proper recompense for fans who cannot use their ticket for what looks like half of the games purchased.

RE: Sky sports next season... - DeepBlue - 13-04-2024

(13-04-2024, 12:51 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I’d imagine they’ll still be on Express

I'm sure they will still be on Solent too ... but only on the radio. 

The quality of Andy Moon's radio commentary really shows when you hear it with the pictures on Ifollow, commentary designed for radio working perfectly with pictures too - quite a skill. It'll be a shame to lose that.

RE: Sky sports next season... - TBP - 13-04-2024

(13-04-2024, 12:52 PM)Hammie Wrote: We will have to see how it goes. But talking season tickets. I gave mine up after the first season in the Prem as I could not make Sunday or Monday evening games due to other commitments. I cannot imagine I was the only one. The fact that my ST doubled in price for fewer games and even less that I could attend, also helped make the decision.
The clubs need to properly look at this and making proper recompense for fans who cannot use their ticket for what looks like half of the games purchased.

Hmm, Saturday only season tickets, an interesting idea.

RE: Sky sports next season... - PompeyBlue15 - 13-04-2024

(13-04-2024, 12:05 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: The biggest shame is that Ifollow will no longer be there. 

For all its faults as a provider the commentary from Andy Moon & Guy Whittingham is top class and now we will have to put up with the rubbish commentators that Sky provide, and not all games being covered.

Im pretty sure iFollow will still be a thing, just not available in the UK for non 3pm matches as it is now. Ifollow only uses the solent commentary anyway, so any televised games, just sync your TV with the radio and job done.

RE: Sky sports next season... - DeepBlue - 14-04-2024

(13-04-2024, 10:31 PM)PompeyBlue15 Wrote:
(13-04-2024, 12:05 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: The biggest shame is that Ifollow will no longer be there. 

Im pretty sure iFollow will still be a thing, just not available in the UK for non 3pm matches as it is now. Ifollow only uses the solent commentary anyway, so any televised games, just sync your TV with the radio and job done.

A SKY Sports statement : " From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button covergae and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services" 

So sounds like the days of every game being covered will be gone.