TrueBlueArmy Forums
Top 8 - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Top 8 (/showthread.php?tid=415)

Top 8 - BallymacashPompey - 20-03-2021

Only team in the top 8 to win today.
Onwards and upwards!!!

RE: Top 8 - ForeverPompey - 21-03-2021

Good day. Need a few more now.

RE: Top 8 - Pedalo_menders - 22-03-2021

Some interesting games coming up before we next play:

Tuesday:
Blackpool v Peterborough
Burton v Shrewsbury
Northampton v Oxford

Then oxford play again on Friday at home to Lincoln.

RE: Top 8 - Cunninglinguist - 23-03-2021

Blackpool above us with a game still in hand, if they win tonight. Peterborough won’t relish the prospect of playing them and they are now a serious contender.

RE: Top 8 - ForeverPompey - 23-03-2021

A 'supercomputer' predicts we finish 7th on 73 pts, 2 adrift of Blackpool in 6th. Hoping Blackpool lose to Posh tonight. My feeling is we need Hull, Posh and Sunderland to beat all our rivals when they play them to keep 4th-6th open.

RE: Top 8 - bluetagagain - 23-03-2021

I reckon we’ll finish 6th and go up ?

RE: Top 8 - kindofblue - 23-03-2021

Dunno if it’s just me but I’d rather the new management just gets the team playing entertaining footy for the rest of the season, strengthens in the summer then blows everybody away in 21/22 when we’re hopefully allowed back to see them.

RE: Top 8 - ForeverPompey - 23-03-2021

it's tricky isn't it. Obviously the whole point is winning promotion but if we played decent football, got everyone enthused again and could fill the park next season and finished top 2 that would probably be the best outcome.

RE: Top 8 - Hammie - 23-03-2021

Getting promoted with no fans feels a bit pointless to me especially as the only way we would get promoted again for some time might be to get relegated back again. Far better to have a good end to the season then build a team to win the title. So much better going up as championees with thousand of fans travelling the north and enjoying the ride.

RE: Top 8 - Pedalo_menders - 23-03-2021

Yes, but we've been saying that for 3 years lol

It will be a minor miracle if we went up this season though. Whatever league we are in next year, there's a major rebuild to do in the summer.

RE: Top 8 - BilltheCat - 23-03-2021

(23-03-2021, 04:01 PM)kindofblue Wrote: Dunno if it’s just me but I’d rather the new management just gets the team playing entertaining footy for the rest of the season, strengthens in the summer then blows everybody away in 21/22 when we’re hopefully allowed back to see them.

I like your thinking, kindofblue.

RE: Top 8 - Wightblue - 23-03-2021

Posh lose to Blackpool and Oxford lose to Northampton in tonight’s games, if Pompey’s own Blues Brothers can keep us on a winning streak continuing at Shrewsbury (who also won tonight) we can put a whole lot of pressure on those in the playoff places.

Blackpool look very well placed

RE: Top 8 - Hammie - 23-03-2021

one game at a time and all that....

RE: Top 8 - cornypomp - 24-03-2021

(23-03-2021, 04:01 PM)kindofblue Wrote: Dunno if it’s just me but I’d rather the new management just gets the team playing entertaining footy for the rest of the season, strengthens in the summer then blows everybody away in 21/22 when we’re hopefully allowed back to see them.

Yeah.. I very much agree.. this'll do me. As much as I'd like to see us in the Championship, the present situation of playing behind closed doors and fans absent is all to 'virtual' to me. Crap to put it bluntly! I'd be far happier if we got promotion as a unit of team and fans together. Nothing else compares..

RE: Top 8 - Pedalo_menders - 27-03-2021

Lincoln losing to Oxford last night has tightened up the pack. 4th-12th are realistically all in a mini-league