TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bolton fan 'banter' - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bolton fan 'banter' (/showthread.php?tid=4162)

Bolton fan 'banter' - PompeyBlue15 - 15-04-2024

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/wheres-your-promotion-party-watch-portsmouth-skipper-deal-with-bolton-wanderers-follower-after-cringeworthy-trolling-efforts-fall-woefully-flat-4591246

This genuinely is the worst attempt at 'banter' i think ive ever seen. Ive also not seen a single reply on social media (including from other bolton fans themselves) finding it funny. 

I do wonder how much Marlon just wanted to unload on the guy but responded perfectly and looked just as bemused as everyone else watching it.

He really needs to hope they get promoted themselves otherwise i think this video will stick around for a long time  Big Grin

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - FiftyYearsOn - 15-04-2024

Oh dear. That's excruciating. makes you want them to miss out in the play offs. Sorry for all normal Bolton fans!!

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - simonfkwit - 15-04-2024

He's got his 15 minutes of fame I guess.

Absolute weapon.

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - D'Alessandro dreaming - 15-04-2024

They are a special bunch. One of their more high profile twitter fans, some clown called Andrew Broome who cannot get over Bolton's failure to beat us and piss the league has posted this tantrum:

"Results lie regularly. They’re often an untrue reflection on the events and the performances within them.
Why is that generally accepted but an accumulation of these results in the form of a league table sworn by from the masses. “1st deserves to be 1st, 8th deserves to be 8th, 17th deserves to be 17th” is a lazy, outdated view point which either shows a complete lack of willing to delve deeper or a complete lack of knowledge of the game.

Also, the biggest factor for any game by any team in any league is luck. Skill helps swing luck to your side, but luck defines seasons for better or worse and there’s a degree of luck involved with every kick of the ball.

Finally, having great creators is far more important than great finishers. Football is all about scoring more than your opponent right? So the most important things simultaneously is high quality chance creation to score goals V high quality chance prevention to stop goals. The most average forward in the world will score an average amount of high quality chances, but these need to be created in the first place. Pointless having the world’s greatest goal scorer up front with no service. Having consistent high quality chance creation is more important than scoring from low quality chances because by law of averages, regular scoring from low quality chances is unsustainable and will fail you in the long run. Only truly elite finishers will consistently out perform xG from these kinds of chances - of which at one time in the top echelons of the game you can probably count on one hand.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk."

The problem with all that is that Pompey have created more big chances and have a higher XG than Bolton.

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - bluetagagain - 15-04-2024

(15-04-2024, 11:36 AM)PompeyBlue15 Wrote: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/wheres-your-promotion-party-watch-portsmouth-skipper-deal-with-bolton-wanderers-follower-after-cringeworthy-trolling-efforts-fall-woefully-flat-4591246

This genuinely is the worst attempt at 'banter' i think ive ever seen. Ive also not seen a single reply on social media (including from other bolton fans themselves) finding it funny. 

I do wonder how much Marlon just wanted to unload on the guy but responded perfectly and looked just as bemused as everyone else watching it.

He really needs to hope they get promoted themselves otherwise i think this video will stick around for a long time  Big Grin

WAC ( not you PB15)

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - stayinupforever - 15-04-2024

Twat of the highest order. The other question is why promotion chasing Bolton couldn't fill the ground, even allowing for short-changing us.

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - Gerry Hatrick - 15-04-2024

(15-04-2024, 04:00 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Twat of the highest order. The other question is why promotion chasing Bolton couldn't fill the ground, even allowing for short-changing us.

Yup, I noticed that. What was it? About 24k in a ground that holds about 30? And this, for the defining match of their season.

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - 66zoolane - 15-04-2024

As a lot of replies asked, why did he still put that online when Marlon's counter question made him look a right twat.

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - BilltheCat - 15-04-2024

(15-04-2024, 04:00 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Twat of the highest order. The other question is why promotion chasing Bolton couldn't fill the ground, even allowing for short-changing us.

And why were so many leaving with 10 minutes to go?

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - tricky_ricky_pfc - 15-04-2024

Pompey’s promotion party delayed by 3 days……Bolton’s most likely delayed for a year minimum following that result ?

Needed Ricky there.

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - Ain’t got a Danny - 15-04-2024

(15-04-2024, 04:06 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote:

Yup, I noticed that. What was it? About 24k in a ground that holds about 30? And this, for the defining match of their season.

I thought they struggled along on sub 10,000 gates in the 70s and 80sbecause of competition from the Manchester clubs. Happy to see my memory was half correct.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/bolw.htm

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - Hermann's_no_hermit - 15-04-2024

(15-04-2024, 08:01 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote:
(15-04-2024, 04:06 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote:

I thought they struggled along on sub 10,000 gates in the 70s and 80sbecause of competition from the Manchester clubs. Happy to see my memory was half correct. Shocked to see it got even worse later on.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/bolw.htm

To be fair though, look at some of our average attendances from 1973-79 and 1989-97. Football attendances were generally poor back then. The hooligan troubles definitely had much to  do with that no matter how much some on here might deny that.

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - RJK66 - 15-04-2024

(15-04-2024, 02:35 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: He's got his 15 minutes of fame I guess.

Absolute weapon.

Absolute tool!!

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - blueandwight - 15-04-2024

(15-04-2024, 05:22 PM)BilltheCat Wrote:

And why were so many leaving with 10 minutes to go?

Don't be silly, they were in a hurry to get back to their one-bedroom 'back to back' under the flyover

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - Rocketman - 16-04-2024

Loosen up everyone. I thought it was quite funny and nothing we wouldn't have done in the same circumstances. Three points v Barnsley makes it irrelevant anyway.

RE: Bolton fan 'banter' - Trarchus - 16-04-2024

The proper response was to tell him, there are a couple of Derby fans down the road looking for a promotion party.  Tongue

Every club have them though.