TrueBlueArmy Forums
Cannon - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cannon (/showthread.php?tid=419)

Cannon - Cunninglinguist - 21-03-2021

I love that boy, like he was my own but......he ain't doing the business at the mo.

He looked too locked into Jacketts system and needs to step forward a few yards. Needs to get involved just around the box.

Close, grasped what was needed and excelled.

RE: Cannon - stayinupforever - 21-03-2021

He is looking a bit clumsy in challenges and is giving away too many silly free kicks sometimes in dangerous positions.

RE: Cannon - Bluebob - 21-03-2021

When he is on the ball he tends to run around in circles with his head down. And as been said gives away far to many silly fouls. Can not fault his effort but tires very easily. Ben Close for me all day long.

RE: Cannon - Hammie - 21-03-2021

He reminds me a little of Evans. Works very hard, does not always get it right but often does and does tire because of the miles he runs. I think he is simply knackered and needs a few games off, Close has provided the opportunity for him to do just that. and Jacobs is returning too come to think of it.

RE: Cannon - ForeverPompey - 21-03-2021

I felt he was trying too hard. Been one of our brighter lights this season but I agree Close should take a starting role for a while.

RE: Cannon - Pangus - 21-03-2021

He's obviously a very talented player but it seems to me that he's not fulfilled his potential in his career. As other people have commented he's a liability with his tackling where he gives away far too many fouls, some of them in dangerous positions. So he is a bit of a free spirit and needs some attention to his discipline. Also he has shown that he can score goals, but there too he doesn't get into the right areas.
He probably needs to come under the right manager , hopefully Danny Cowley will be that manager.

RE: Cannon - mikey393 - 21-03-2021

The New Managers due to the internationals now have a few days to work with the players & install the new method of play.

We should see a few signs of that next Saturday at Shrewsbury.

RE: Cannon - Cunninglinguist - 05-04-2021

Cannon back to his best.

What a goal!

RE: Cannon - Pangus - 05-04-2021

Fabulous goal, there won't have been many better this season from the Blues. It stood out amongst all the dross of the afternoon.

RE: Cannon - tricky_ricky_pfc - 07-04-2021

In Ricky’s opinion, Cannon has been one of our best players this season. And he’s only 24, hopefully he gets to play in the Championship.

RE: Cannon - Cunninglinguist - 07-04-2021

I've touted the boys ability right from his debut but........he ain't the finished article yet.

He's going to get better and better.

RE: Cannon - DeepBlue - 08-04-2021

(07-04-2021, 09:07 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I've touted the boys ability right from his debut but........he ain't the finished article yet.

Agreed ... plucked from the Rochdale bench to shours of 'who?' , so must go down as one of Jackett's better signings.

RE: Cannon - Gerry Hatrick - 08-04-2021

Goal of the season for me. Shades Naylor's side-foot into the top corner in the FA Cup against Kings Lynn

RE: Cannon - ForeverPompey - 08-04-2021

(08-04-2021, 09:57 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(07-04-2021, 09:07 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I've touted the boys ability right from his debut but........he ain't the finished article yet.

Agreed ... plucked from the Rochdale bench to shours of 'who?' , so must go down as one of Jackett's better signings.

I guess you win some (Cannon) and you lose some (Morris)

RE: Cannon - Hammie - 08-04-2021

guess you win some (Cannon) and you lose some (Morris)
You certainly do, whether its a free transfer or millions!