TrueBlueArmy Forums
Morell - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Morell (/showthread.php?tid=4238)

Pages: 1 2

Morell - slayer - 03-05-2024

Been thinking about it and I am with the club on this. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I think Hughes has got a proper set of plums on him and we are all the better for it

RE: Morell - Daniel - 03-05-2024

Good player when he’s not suspended. I think he goes.

Would he be anymore than a squad player in the championship?

RE: Morell - Cunninglinguist - 03-05-2024

I like Morrell. He’s tidy in possession and a great combative player. He isn’t the greatest at getting in and around the box (not the only one amongst our midfield, this season). We certainly need better quality and Moxon is better, in my view.

We’ve had to play a significant amount of the season without him due to injuries or suspension, have we really missed him? As soon as he gets himself booked, his effectiveness is greatly reduced.

RE: Morell - Roybatty - 03-05-2024

Moxon is not good enough for the championship and will get found out big time next season

RE: Morell - South Coast steve - 03-05-2024

Did we really miss Morrell in the end? Let him go , it frees up a decent amount of wages and I think we need better I the championship

RE: Morell - Theyak2 - 03-05-2024

Moxon is a strange one.
Only coming into the side late on.
A great strike on him
A good engine and combative.
Is he good enough for the championship?
We've been gone so long, do any of us really know.
Richard Hughes and JM for me have and will be trusted.
I'm just along for the ride and can't wait to see what they can do to get us up and running.

RE: Morell - D'Alessandro dreaming - 03-05-2024

They were willing to wait for the summer to get Moxon so they must have had half an eye on him being a Championship player.

RE: Morell - Cliff Portwood gave me a lift - 03-05-2024

I take clothes to a charity shop and then the next week go to a different charity shop, see something exactly in the same style of the clothes I've donated - and consider buying them. I just wonder if Morrell was made available by 'another' club we might have been interested in him.

I live the ambition of the club but wonder if we're getting a little above ourselves here. He's a Welsh International and early Championshipo quality.

RE: Morell - DeepBlue - 03-05-2024

(03-05-2024, 06:25 AM)Roybatty Wrote: Moxon is not good enough for the championship and will get found out big time next season

Nobody can say that based on what we have seen so far. Far too early.

RE: Morell - TBP - 03-05-2024

(03-05-2024, 09:02 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: Moxon is a strange one.
Only coming into the side late on.
A great strike on him
A good engine and combative.
Is he good enough for the championship?
We've been gone so long, do any of us really know.
Richard Hughes and JM for me have and will be trusted.
I'm just along for the ride and can't wait to see what they can do to get us up and running.

Highly regarded at Carlisle. Players ready for the championship are going to be the best in their League 1 clubs.

RE: Morell - mikey393 - 03-05-2024

Right decision. Good Welsh International who gets stuck in but disciplinary record dreadful. They'll be a few Div 1 teams after him.

RE: Morell - bluetagagain - 03-05-2024

I’m sure Stevenage will pick up a load of our cast offs. They generally do.

RE: Morell - exterminator - 03-05-2024

(03-05-2024, 02:38 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I’m sure Stevenage will pick up a load of our cast offs. They generally do.

Or The Cowleys at Colchester......

RE: Morell - South Coast steve - 03-05-2024

Colchester is a very big drop down from us

RE: Morell - Hammie - 03-05-2024

Morrell is probably good enough, but is he big enough, athletic enough, fast enough?
If we come under pressure, as we will, will he stay on the pitch?

And who wrote the contract extensions that now seem to be too expensive as compared to alternatives available.

I suspect for Morrell, they think they can find better to build a team around for 3 or 4 years to come.

RE: Morell - DeepBlue - 03-05-2024

(03-05-2024, 04:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: Morrell is probably good enough, but is he big enough, athletic enough, fast enough?
If we come under pressure, as we will, will he stay on the pitch?

And who wrote the contract extensions that now seem to be too expensive as compared to alternatives available.

I suspect for Morrell, they think they can find better to build a team around for 3 or 4 years to come.

He was good enough to play in the World Cup, so plenty good enough for the Championship. 

But if I was him I would be pretty pissed off at not getting the deal he was offered and that he agreed when he signed, so he will look elsewhere to see what's available. 

And I can see the attraction of a project like Wrexham if they offer more.

RE: Morell - Hammie - 05-05-2024

As regards Stevenage taking our cast offs, more likely to be wherever their manager has pushed off to now?

RE: Morell - slayer - 05-05-2024

Evans has gone to Rotherham. Possibly, they will want to go straight back up.

I don't see any scandal in what Pompey have done. They are not reneging on the deal. They have acted within their contractual right.

RE: Morell - TBP - 05-05-2024

He has plenty of Championship experience.

RE: Morell - exterminator - 06-05-2024

(03-05-2024, 04:05 PM)South Coast steve Wrote: Colchester is a very big drop down from us

I would have thought fir the likes of Macey, Mnonga, Vincent & HJW Colchester would be ideal.

RE: Morell - South Coast steve - 06-05-2024

(06-05-2024, 02:10 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 04:05 PM)South Coast steve Wrote: Colchester is a very big drop down from us

I would have thought fir the likes of Macey, Mnonga, Vincent & HJW Colchester would be ideal.

Yeah, I was talking about Morrell

RE: Morell - Hammie - 06-05-2024

Rotherham could be attractive as they are always close to the top two, not sure how they do it but they are like Barnsley in this league.

RE: Morell - Pedalo_menders - 07-05-2024

Mingi knows all about that

RE: Morell - slayer - 07-05-2024

The rag reckons Mingi is a man on the move and there's money for Mousinho in that move

RE: Morell - slayer - 19-06-2024

Looking like he's off to Wrexham. Good move for him IMO.