TrueBlueArmy Forums
Season Tickets - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Season Tickets (/showthread.php?tid=4266)

Season Tickets - BilltheCat - 15-05-2024

Information:

2024/25 Season Tickets - News - Portsmouth (portsmouthfc.co.uk)

RE: Season Tickets - Yobster1 - 15-05-2024

(15-05-2024, 06:48 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: Information:

2024/25 Season Tickets - News - Portsmouth (portsmouthfc.co.uk)

Happy with the increase ..just over £40 for early bird ..still works out under £20 a game

RE: Season Tickets - Bluebob - 15-05-2024

£15 per game for us old gits can’t complain at that, even just under £20 for a normal ticket is excellent value.

RE: Season Tickets - TBP - 15-05-2024

Can't wait.

RE: Season Tickets - Hammie - 15-05-2024

Very good value. I can't imagine they will be selling many on the day!

RE: Season Tickets - FiftyYearsOn - 16-05-2024

Was expecting 500 ish so pleasantly surprised.

RE: Season Tickets - exgaffer - 16-05-2024

(16-05-2024, 08:05 AM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: Was expecting 500 ish so pleasantly surprised.

Yes when I got the link from Pompey I was expecting a hefty hike but was very pleasantly surprised.

I’ll get mine asap.

PUP

RE: Season Tickets - bluetagagain - 16-05-2024

Brilliant only an increase of over £30. At £345 for an old gits FE ST that works out at £18.16 a game ( 19 games ?) bargain ( thumbs up emoji).

RE: Season Tickets - DeepBlue - 16-05-2024

(16-05-2024, 09:58 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Brilliant only an increase of over £30. At £345 for an old gits FE ST that works out at £18.16 a game ( 19 games ?) bargain ( thumbs up emoji).

23 games still , so £15 a game

Oops I forgot there was 24 teams doh!

RE: Season Tickets - Cunninglinguist - 16-05-2024

That should help keep the old girl full.

RE: Season Tickets - Lawrence - 16-05-2024

Whilst the price is welcoming, it's telling that they gave the warning of a reduction in Saturday 3pm games. The website stuff kind of came across to me that basically if you can't handle it, don't get a season ticket and there will be plenty to take your place anyway. And it's all great to have kids tickets cheap but if a lot of games could be on a school night that's not so splendid.

I'd love to know if the club backed the latest ridiculous TV deal because for all the plethora of fan surveys I don't remember any fan-led consultations. I know it's likely not to be as bad, but last season Leeds Utd had at least 31 games moved from a Saturday 3pm deal and that's without the new Saturation Sports TV contract. Apparently, we get plenty of notice up until March of fixture changes but after that you can go feck yourselves.

Bear with me, but it's a genuine pain to get back just to Cosham on a weekday evening by public transport. Given sky games kick off at 8pm, there are only 2 trains back to Cosham at final whistle and you have to run to get the first one and both are poxy 4/5 carriages. Don't even go there with the fecking useless buses (only the 2 goes directly back to Cosham).

Whether it's a great season or not, I will be looking closely at this season and the fixtures and if it heads in the direction that I fear that it'll probably be the last one for me and I'll go back to the radio. At the end of the day, Sky now owns the EFL and until enough fans stop subscribing or watching them they will continue to buttf*ck the sport. Sadly, that doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Blimey, having read it back I sound very old. But I think I have a point somewhere.

RE: Season Tickets - Pedalo_menders - 16-05-2024

(16-05-2024, 02:43 PM)Lawrence Wrote: Whilst the price is welcoming, it's telling that they gave the warning of a reduction in Saturday 3pm games. The website stuff kind of came across to me that basically if you can't handle it, don't get a season ticket and there will be plenty to take your place anyway. And it's all great to have kids tickets cheap but if a lot of games could be on a school night that's not so splendid.

I'd love to know if the club backed the latest ridiculous TV deal because for all the plethora of fan surveys I don't remember any fan-led consultations. I know it's likely not to be as bad, but last season Leeds Utd had at least 31 games moved from a Saturday 3pm deal and that's with the new Saturation Sports TV contract. Apparently, we get plenty of notice up until March of fixture changes but after that you can go feck yourselves.

Bear with me, but it's a genuine pain to get back just to Cosham on a weekday evening by public transport. Given games kick off at 8pm, there are only 2 trains back to Cosham at final whistle and you have to run to get the first one and both are poxy 4/5 carriages. Don't even go there with the fecking useless buses (only the 2 goes directly back to Cosham).

Whether it's a great season or not, I will be looking closely at this season and the fixtures and if it heads in the direction that I fear that it'll probably be the last one for me and I'll go back to the radio. At the end of the day, Sky now owns the EFL and until enough fans stop subscribing or watching them they will continue to buttf*ck the sport. Sadly, that doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Blimey, having read it back I sound very old. But I think I have a point somewhere.

Just move to frogmore Road, innit.

But this is more of a symptom of success unfortunately. The better your team, the higher division you play in and ergo the more jcl coonts will want to watch on telly from their armchair in timbucktoo. It's the cost of success.

I find it strange that Sky et al go on about promoting the game,but if it wasn't for fans actually turning up and creating their 'wonderful' atmosphere they (SKY) would be the first to drop football like a ton of bricks,yet the irony is,that by moving away from the traditional 3pm Saturday kick off to various midweek evening kick offs they are in danger of eventually doing such a thing.

RE: Season Tickets - PompeyBlue15 - 16-05-2024

(16-05-2024, 03:17 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I find it strange that Sky et al go on about promoting the game,but if it wasn't for fans actually turning up and creating their 'wonderful' atmosphere they (SKY) would be the first to drop football like a ton of bricks,yet the irony is,that by moving away from the traditional 3pm Saturday kick off to various midweek evening kick offs they are in danger of eventually doing such a thing.

The only way to stop such a deal would be for fans to stop going to games. But that is never going to happen. Fratton Park will be sold out every week next season whether the games are 3pm saturdays, 12.30 sundays or 7.45 friday nights and i suspect that the EFL/clubs know that! 

Considering there are due to be 5/6 championship games on TV every week next year i do wonder where these will all fit, unless sky are going to show them all at the same time (but not 3pm on a saturday), im pretty sure its due to be around 10 EFL games every weekend, added in 4/5 prem games there simply isnt enough kick off times to cover them all! Saying that, could be a good time to apply to become a sky commentator  Big Grin

RE: Season Tickets - Hammie - 16-05-2024

Perhaps the clubs could be proactive. If league games get moved away from Saturday. Swap some of the midweek cup games in to Saturday! Even if they have to play an effective reserve team for the early rounds. I'd be delightted to go along to watch a cup game on Saturday pm. Or even the women's team?

I thought I’d read that from next season 3pm Saturday games can be televised live.

RE: Season Tickets - Cunninglinguist - 17-05-2024

That would be a huge incentive for fans to go to games, wouldn’t it?

The whole thing is becoming more and more fucked up.

Let’s go back to the days of Div 1.

RE: Season Tickets - Pompey_in_Derby - 17-05-2024

It's not just the Championship that will have fewer 3pm Saturday kick-offs. Both League One and League Two will see a huge number of matches moved for Sky tv.

The overall figures are scary - 328 Championship matches, 248 in League One, 248 in League Two!

RE: Season Tickets - firqdays - 18-05-2024

Like TIK-TOK taking over lives, the slow but inevitable deterioration of our beautiful game as we knew it.

They might as well abolish Sports Report at 5pm on a saturday evening now.

RE: Season Tickets - BilltheCat - 18-05-2024

(17-05-2024, 04:41 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: That would be a huge incentive for fans to go to games, wouldn’t it?

To be fair the Germans have been televising live games for years yet all the stadia are full for every game.

Mind you match tickets are considerably cheaper in the Bundesliga!

RE: Season Tickets - Milkins - 18-05-2024

(18-05-2024, 11:44 AM)BilltheCat Wrote:
(17-05-2024, 04:41 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: That would be a huge incentive for fans to go to games, wouldn’t it?

To be fair the Germans have been televising live games for years yet all the stadia are full for every game.

Mind you match tickets are considerably cheaper in the Bundesliga!

Don't forget that all of the teams in the Bundesliga (even Bayern) have the 50%+1 ownership model where the club is majority owned by its registered members (fans) rather than owned and controlled by say one wealthy individual (or their investment vehicle) from outside of the fanbase. 

The ownership model is one of the reasons that ticket prices are kept cheaper in the Bundesliga....