TrueBlueArmy Forums
In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off (/showthread.php?tid=4269)

In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Pompey_in_Derby - 16-05-2024

Anyone but scum, so reckon Leeds will have a better chance of winning at Wembley should the Baggies get knocked-out tomorrow night.

But then, from a Pompey perspective, would be good for Norwich to get through and go up as that outcome should boost our chances of getting Abu Kamara back on loan!

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Hammie - 16-05-2024

Norwich for Kamara reasons, but not really bothered about tonight. Ready for a good dose of boing boing though

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Rocketman - 16-05-2024

Leeds already 2-0 up, game over me thinks.

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Pompey_in_Derby - 16-05-2024

Yeah - looks as though Kamara will be back at FP next season - but wearing a bright yellow shirt!

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - 66zoolane - 16-05-2024

Back to the scum prevention option then

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Slagger - 16-05-2024

(16-05-2024, 07:35 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: Yeah - looks as though Kamara will be back at FP next season - but wearing a bright yellow shirt!

And we can sing “Delia, Delia get yer tits out for the lads”.

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Hammie - 16-05-2024

At her age, I'd rather she got out her pies and pasties

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - South Coast steve - 16-05-2024

(16-05-2024, 08:28 PM)Hammie Wrote: At her age, I'd rather she got out her pies and pasties

LOL

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Tufnell_Chimes - 16-05-2024

Its got to be Dirty Leeds for the promotion. The other three are distinctly lower order - it'd be fair to say that no club deserves to be in the prem by right, but historically, it has to be Leeds. Leeds vs Liverpool was always way bigger, and way nastier, than ManUtd vs Liverpool.

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Cunninglinguist - 17-05-2024

Leeds v Pompey seems quite an attractive fixture.

And I don’t really give a monkeys if scum go up again. The idea of them bedblocking and stagnating in the PL makes me chuckle.

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Smirnoffexpress - 17-05-2024

Everytime those farmhand coonts play I want them to lose, cmon West Brom.

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - firqdays - 17-05-2024

Just hope Leeds carry that through confidence into the final - just in case scum scrape through.

If it's Baggies I don't mind - both good grounds , as long as it's a Saturday !

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 17-05-2024

(17-05-2024, 04:09 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Leeds v Pompey seems quite an attractive fixture.

And I don’t really give a monkeys if scum go up again. The idea of them bedblocking and stagnating in the PL makes me chuckle.

Promotion to the Premier League means hundreds of millions of pounds cash to who ever achieves it. Being a yo-yo club really gives a massive boost in revenue compared to all the other clubs in Championship except the other ones who were recently in the top flight. Basically the financial gulf between us and them will widen and even if they get battered every week in the Prem they will have an unfair advantage every time they dip into the Championship. On the contrary with the wages their players are on now if they can just continually fail to get promotion for an extended period of time, then they could go broke which in my opinion would be much preferable to them being super wealthy

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - slayer - 17-05-2024

Scum are on the cusp of ruin. Stay down, get battered twice by us and go into admin again, lovely

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - DeepBlue - 17-05-2024

Norwich have apparently sacked Wagner, which I would have thought completely kills off any Kamara deal (which was probably dead anyway with them not going up) because any new manager is going to want to see what he has got  before making any decisions.

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - exterminator - 17-05-2024

Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones are no longer majority shareholders, with Norfolk FB Holdings, led by American businessman Mark Attanasio, now matching their 40% stake.

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Slagger - 17-05-2024

Hope the Baggies win via a penalty shootout. How heartbreaking and reminiscent of a previous scum fuck-up!

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - mikey393 - 17-05-2024

(17-05-2024, 08:00 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:
(17-05-2024, 04:09 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Leeds v Pompey seems quite an attractive fixture.

Promotion to the Premier League means hundreds of millions of pounds cash to who ever achieves it. Being a yo-yo club really gives a massive boost in revenue compared to all the other clubs in Championship except the other ones who were recently in the top flight. Basically the financial gulf between us and them will widen and even if they get battered every week in the Prem they will have an unfair advantage every time they dip into the Championship. On the contrary with the wages their players are on now if they can just continually fail to get promotion for an extended period of time, then they could go broke which in my opinion would be much preferable to them being super wealthy

I'm pretty sure you'll find all PL players have clauses in their contracts to reduce their wages if relegated.

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - TiHKAL - 17-05-2024

(17-05-2024, 01:14 PM)Slagger Wrote: Hope the Baggies win via a penalty shootout. How heartbreaking and reminiscent of a previous scum fuck-up!
'Yellows, Yellows, Yellows...DOH' FAF

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - firqdays - 18-05-2024

Seemingly it's Leeds , Leeds Leeds now.

And I do think they will have enough to beat Stains. However the Baggies were very disappointing, almost as if they felt they could not compete equally over the course of 90/120 minutes, and had set their sights on creeping through on penalties - always doomed to failure

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - bluetagagain - 18-05-2024

Must admit, scummer Armstrong’s goal was a cracker. 
Oops - correction, I mean Smallbone the baldy cooont

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 18-05-2024

Mikey the average wage at scum per player last season was £1.5 million a year. Contrast that with the average Plymouth Argyle players annual salary of £250,000 and you will realise that lowered wages or not for this division they are on a huge whack of money compared to other clubs players

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - slayer - 18-05-2024

Baggies weren't anywhere near it, simple task for scum, yet they made hard work of it over the two legs.

Leeds will be a stern test and will be strong favourites.

The next 90 mins for scum is literally promotion or bust

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - mikey393 - 18-05-2024

(18-05-2024, 09:45 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: Mikey the average wage at scum per player last season was £1.5 million a year. Contrast that with the average Plymouth Argyle players annual salary of £250,000 and you will realise that lowered wages or not for this division they are on a huge whack of money compared to other clubs players

That's the PL for you paying ridiculous wages. Having said that it's only £29K/wk which is low for the PL.

I suspect they probably hsd to drop down to around £15 -20K/wk but the club did get the high parachute payments.

This totally distorts the picture & needs to change according to Rick Parry FL CEO & totally agree.

Plymouth did well to stay in the Championship on their limited resources.

Ipswich have broken the mould by good forward investment, good crowds & brilliant manager.

RE: In a Dilemma about tonight's Play-Off - Pedalo_menders - 18-05-2024

COME ON OXFORD!!!!!!!

2-0 up at half time.