TrueBlueArmy Forums
No bridge from Big Penny before next season - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: No bridge from Big Penny before next season (/showthread.php?tid=4282)

Pages: 1 2 3

No bridge from Big Penny before next season - Tufnell_Chimes - 22-05-2024

Because its very likely she won't be an MP. General election 4th July.

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - exgaffer - 22-05-2024

(22-05-2024, 04:28 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: Because its very likely she won't be an MP. General election 4th July.

Well I wouldn’t say ‘very likely’, possibly would be more accurate.

She is impressive and had a good majority last time, so your gloating may be a bit premature.

There’s not much doubt that the Tories will lose the election of course but, much as you’d like it, they won’t lose all their MP’s.

As for the Labour Party, if they are the party of the people as they claim (yeah right  Big Grin ) , they will build the bridge anyway won’t they? 

I’m looking for a good independent I can vote for, I certainly won’t be gracing either of the two cheeks of the same globalist, open borders, arse with my ‘X’.

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - FiftyYearsOn - 22-05-2024

Marlon Pack… Portsmouth MP

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - slayer - 22-05-2024

I give it until midnight

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - Tufnell_Chimes - 22-05-2024

Wot. Even with the cloak of a PFC-related title?

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - Cressers - 22-05-2024

PFC should pay for the bridge in its' entirity.

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - scouse - 22-05-2024

And anyway, isn't Fratton in Portsmouth South, which already has a Labour MP?

(22-05-2024, 08:15 PM)scouse Wrote: And anyway, isn't Fratton in Portsmouth South, which already has a Labour MP?

Good point  Big Grin .

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - exterminator - 22-05-2024

(22-05-2024, 07:43 PM)Cressers Wrote: PFC should pay for the bridge in its' entirity.

Don't be daft you cabbage chopped clown - the bridge would benefit the railways & all the businesses & residents in the area of the Football Ground as well. It will only directly benefit PFC  on less than 30 match days  a year.

(22-05-2024, 07:43 PM)Cressers Wrote: PFC should pay for the bridge in its' entirity.

Assuming you’re not being ironic  Big Grin , a lot more people than Pompey fans would benefit from a bridge that would save them walking down the ridiculously narrow pavements in Goldsmith Avenue.

Pompey should contribute but not have to bear all the cost.

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - Gerry Hatrick - 23-05-2024

(22-05-2024, 10:01 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(22-05-2024, 08:15 PM)scouse Wrote: And anyway, isn't Fratton in Portsmouth South, which already has a Labour MP?

Good point  Big Grin .

Whoops! Red-face for Tufnell, or, as we used to call it back in the day, Cherry-B!

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - DeepBlue - 23-05-2024

Yes, a labour MP working very hard to help make the bridge happen.

Penny has offered her support too though.

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - TBP - 23-05-2024

The Labour chappie is very dependent on the student vote. The timing of the election may go against him.

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - scouse - 23-05-2024

True, that.

I suspect most denizens of Portsmouth would be your belligerent nationalist gammon flag-shaggers.

While we in the suburbs are more your liberal tofu-munching wokerati.

Well we got past midnight anyway...

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - Tufnell_Chimes - 23-05-2024

How am I supposed to sneak in a GE thread if I say its very likely Stephen Morgan will still be an MP. I mean, derrr...

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - Cressers - 23-05-2024

Perhaps we can discuss the odds of our local MPs holding their seats. I'm not predicting any major losses here. As for the national picture I predict less of a Tory doomsday than most, with them holding between 140 and 200 seats.

They will narrow the gap - their propaganda machine will fire up more of the 'tax bombshell' posters and Starmer with 'devil eyes'.

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - Smirnoffexpress - 23-05-2024

(23-05-2024, 08:48 AM)scouse Wrote: True, that.

I suspect most denizens of Portsmouth would be your belligerent nationalist gammon flag-shaggers.

While we in the suburbs are more your liberal tofu-munching wokerati.

Well we got past midnight anyway...

Is “wokerati” Italian for coonts?

(23-05-2024, 09:44 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: How am I supposed to sneak in a GE thread if I say its very likely Stephen Morgan will still be an MP. I mean, derrr...

Another one that’s never had a proper job in his life.

(23-05-2024, 01:46 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:
(23-05-2024, 09:44 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: How am I supposed to sneak in a GE thread if I say its very likely Stephen Morgan will still be an MP. I mean, derrr...

Other than working for Portsmouth City Council and later for Kensington & Chelsea council. 

He didn't become an MP until he was 36.

His history of local service and several voluntary organisations marks him out to me as an ideal MP ... someone who wants to serve the public rather than milk the system for personal gain.

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - slayer - 23-05-2024

Who on here is voting for Penny? If so why?

(23-05-2024, 04:56 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(23-05-2024, 01:46 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:

Other than working for Portsmouth City Council and later for Kensington & Chelsea council. 

His history of local service and several voluntary organisations marks him out to me as an ideal MP ... someone who wants to serve the public rather than milk the system for personal gain.
He is another careerist.

RE: No bridge from Big Penny before next season - TiHKAL - 23-05-2024

Back to the OP, how is ‘Our Girl’ going to take it on Independence Day? I’m hoping all ways.
Endeth the thread.

Nothing in his past, or behaviour as an MP. Indicates that he wants to do anything other than be a good MP first. The sort of MP that should get selected for higher office, because the problem with Tories has been that those that have reached high office have been self-servicing rather than public servants .

(23-05-2024, 07:41 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:
(23-05-2024, 04:56 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: Other than working for Portsmouth City Council and later for Kensington & Chelsea council. 

He is another careerist.

Smirns, have you seen Big Penny's CV? Political PR, CCHQ and short stints working for the GOP.