TrueBlueArmy Forums
No football regulator soon... - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: No football regulator soon... (/showthread.php?tid=4283)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

No football regulator soon... - Cressers - 23-05-2024

Was the government of any persuasion that bothered about it?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/23/football-independent-regulator-plans-paused-general-election

RE: No football regulator soon... - DeepBlue - 23-05-2024

Shouldn't be a problem to get it done after the election because it has all party support.

RE: No football regulator soon... - slayer - 23-05-2024

Reckon it will be done by Xmas

RE: No football regulator soon... - Roybatty - 24-05-2024

All the problems this country has got and people are more concerned about a football regulator

RE: No football regulator soon... - bluebollox - 24-05-2024

(24-05-2024, 06:39 AM)Roybatty Wrote: All the problems this country has got and people are more concerned about a football regulator

Well its a football forum after all..

RE: No football regulator soon... - exgaffer - 24-05-2024

Another Guardian non story.

Everything is paused until after the election, so why would this be any different?

RE: No football regulator soon... - DeepBlue - 24-05-2024

(24-05-2024, 07:16 AM)exgaffer Wrote: Another Guardian non story.

Everything is paused until after the election, so why would this be any different?

Not a non story at all, and not unique to the Guardian. All flavours of newspaper and TV channels carried the story because it was one of the bills due for approval in the next month but not one of the ones chosen to be rushed through before Parliamnet dissolves.

The list of which bills were chosen and the list of which bills were not chosen is a perfectly valid and even mildly interesting story for any media outlet to report.

RE: No football regulator soon... - exgaffer - 24-05-2024

(24-05-2024, 09:55 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(24-05-2024, 07:16 AM)exgaffer Wrote: Another Guardian non story.

Not a non story at all, and not unique to the Guardian. All flavours of newspaper and TV channels carried the story because it was one of the bills due for approval in the next month but not one of the ones chosen to be rushed through before Parliamnet dissolves.

The list of which bills were chosen and the list of which bills were not chosen is a perfectly valid and even mildly interesting story for any media outlet to report.

That’s because it is not a matter of crushing national importance.

Total non story, the other papers carrying it doesn’t make it more of one, they have to fill their pages with something I guess.

The country is currently floating rudderless, there is a General Election in 6 weeks, Putin is threatening the UK with air strikes, but somehow the fact that an independent football regulator will have to wait for a while is an important story. Not in my book it isn’t.

RE: No football regulator soon... - Tufnell_Chimes - 24-05-2024

"Putin is threatening the UK with air strikes"

Really? you believe this? Putin doesn't even have enough military muscle to take over Ukraine. Its the last throw of the dice by the rightwingers, 'the game's up, we've spent four and half years giving everything to our mates and overseas shareholders and now we have six weeks to pretend we're on the electorate's side - all that's left is to threaten them with impending war. Yeah, that'll do it.'

RE: No football regulator soon... - firqdays - 01-06-2024

I think Putin referred to UK targets - our Aircraft Carrier in the eastern Mediterranean comes to mind !

RE: No football regulator soon... - exgaffer - 01-06-2024

(24-05-2024, 12:11 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: "Putin is threatening the UK with air strikes"

Really? you believe this? Putin doesn't even have enough military muscle to take over Ukraine. Its the last throw of the dice by the rightwingers, 'the game's up, we've spent four and half years giving everything to our mates and overseas shareholders and now we have six weeks to pretend we're on the electorate's side - all that's left is to threaten them with impending war. Yeah, that'll do it.'

Wtf are you talking about?

It is a matter of record that Putin had threatened us because we are arming Ukraine. Whether he follows through with that threat remains to be seen.

How has that got anything to do with ‘right wingers’?

The election is a totally separate issue and only a brainwashed clown like you (and the clueless acolytes who liked your post) could possibly think otherwise.

On that subject, Labour will obviously be voted in by the brain dead. If it wasn’t for the fact that I’ll have to live here, I’m almost looking forward to the shitshow. I wouldn’t trust the Labour front bench to run a whelk stall. It is going to be hilarious.

RE: No football regulator soon... - Hammie - 01-06-2024

Labour are doing their very best to stop the left wing voting for them, and now the Scottish workers in the oil/gas industries, and also those working or with children in private schools (that's a lot in Portsmouth South by the way). Seems they were doing better by saying nothing at all.

RE: No football regulator soon... - Tufnell_Chimes - 01-06-2024

You'll be alright Guff - you'll still have your triple lock, you're mortgage-free and you have no dependents. Its almost as if you're totally detached from the lives the rest of us are living - little wonder then that your opinions are equally detatched.

...and Hammie, save your sympathy for oil and gas workers, they've been cashing in for years and years - easy money whilst trashing the planet. And VAT on private schools? about fucking time. They're a business that exists to put average but wealthy kids above bright but not so wealthy kids - businesses pay VAT. If the parents moan that they can't afford it they could maybe cancel the Netflix, that seems to be the tory stance for first-time buyers.

RE: No football regulator soon... - dsmg - 01-06-2024

Brain dead for voting Labour, Gaffer? A bit strong I feel. Might be about half the electorate!

RE: No football regulator soon... - Hammie - 01-06-2024

(01-06-2024, 06:25 PM)dsmg Wrote: Brain dead for voting Labour, Gaffer? A bit strong I feel. Might be about half the electorate!

that's about right then

RE: No football regulator soon... - 66zoolane - 01-06-2024

(01-06-2024, 07:00 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(01-06-2024, 06:25 PM)dsmg Wrote: Brain dead for voting Labour, Gaffer? A bit strong I feel. Might be about half the electorate!

that's about right then

Churchill: '“The best argument against Democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

The whole system of government and elections should be part of the curriculum taught in schools. Bring it alive and get over how important it is to people's lives - maybe then there wouldn't be so much apathy.

RE: No football regulator soon... - BilltheCat - 01-06-2024

"Citizenship", TC.

It is taught, but it's very, very dull. Just a bit of box-ticking, really. Like PSHE.

RE: No football regulator soon... - firqdays - 01-06-2024

And I can , as many, can remember a Labour gov... sorry .... I nearly said Government .

RE: No football regulator soon... - slayer - 01-06-2024

He she?

(01-06-2024, 07:42 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: "Citizenship", TC.

It is taught, but it's very, very dull. Just a bit of box-ticking, really. Like PSHE.

That’s what I mean about bringing it alive. Collaborate with the drama dept.

RE: No football regulator soon... - BilltheCat - 01-06-2024

Many schools no longer have a Drama department - it's the "English Baccalaureate", donchaknow!

No room for the Arts anymore.

“No room for the Arts anymore.”

Yep, forget what we’re actually great at, We’ve got to out do the chinese in maths. We’re governed by idiots.

RE: No football regulator soon... - TBP - 02-06-2024

(01-06-2024, 10:59 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: “No room for the Arts anymore.”

Yep, forget what we’re actually great at, We’ve got to out do the chinese in maths. We’re governed by idiots.

We've got to outdo the Chinese in maths. If only. My last employer was a French engineering company. We have now fallen behind them at engineering.

RE: No football regulator soon... - Tufnell_Chimes - 02-06-2024

Ten years of austerity has put us twenty years behind. Whodathunkit.