TrueBlueArmy Forums
Minghi - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Minghi (/showthread.php?tid=4288)

Minghi - mikey393 - 26-05-2024

Looks like there's a queue of Championship clubs & PL interest. Cowley is resigned to losing him this close season. He's been playing at left CB for Colchester supposedly. I thought it was a WB but not. The good bit was Pompey had a sell on clause so will benefit when he moves. A lot wrote him off on here so looks like he's proving you all wrong.

RE: Minghi - BilltheCat - 26-05-2024

(26-05-2024, 06:43 PM)mikey393 Wrote: A lot wrote him off on here so looks like he's proving you all wrong.

My recollection is that most were critical of his advisors, and then you had a childish spat with pompeyg100.

RE: Minghi - slayer - 26-05-2024

Mikey winning friends and influencing people again. Seeing a player is different to listening to commentary about one.

RE: Minghi - simonfkwit - 26-05-2024

Erm....he signed for Stockport 2 days ago.

RE: Minghi - dsmg - 26-05-2024

lol :-)

RE: Minghi - BilltheCat - 26-05-2024

(26-05-2024, 07:35 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: Erm....he signed for Stockport 2 days ago.

So he did:

Stockport County: Colchester United's Jay Mingi is first summer signing - BBC Sport

RE: Minghi - mikey393 - 26-05-2024

Interesting! Stockport are going places. Wealthy owner & players on top wages. We lost out on Kyle Wooton to them.

RE: Minghi - slayer - 26-05-2024

Bookmarked

RE: Minghi - Pedalo_menders - 26-05-2024

How much did we make on the sell on clause then? 50p?

RE: Minghi - Cunninglinguist - 27-05-2024

‘A queue of Championship clubs and PL interest’.

Stockport.

In the close season I need Mikey, to keep me entertained!

RE: Minghi - simonfkwit - 27-05-2024

I really think those who wrote him off will feel foolish by this.
He's made his way back up to the league we've just won, via finishing 3rd bottom of Division Four.

Yeah he must be laughing at us.

RE: Minghi - dsmg - 27-05-2024

Mikey, I don’t remember anyone writing off his playing ability, more the opposite. He just came over as a twat having only played a handful of games and his agent making silly demands. The fact that he dropped down to league 2 seems we were right.

RE: Minghi - Hammie - 27-05-2024

(27-05-2024, 09:08 AM)dsmg Wrote: Mikey, I don’t remember anyone writing off his playing ability, more the opposite. He just came over as a twat having only played a handful of games and his agent making silly demands. The fact that he dropped down to league 2 seems we were right.

That's as I remember it.

Stockport splashing the cash. I wonder if they can actually afford it, or will go down the pan as and when their current owner gets bored?

RE: Minghi - simonfkwit - 27-05-2024

He's a lifelong fan so hopefully he won't leave them in the shit. Worth about half a billion.

RE: Minghi - slayer - 27-05-2024

Came on to sneer down his nose at those thick Pompey fans on that message board, and it's all gone wrong for poor Mikey. Funniest thread of the year

RE: Minghi - farq2 - 27-05-2024

(27-05-2024, 10:15 AM)slayer Wrote: Came on to sneer down his nose at those thick Pompey fans on that message board, and it's all gone wrong for poor Mikey. Funniest thread of the year

Up there ,without a doubt.

RE: Minghi - Pedalo_menders - 27-05-2024

Mikey is Mingis agent - FACT

RE: Minghi - bluetagagain - 27-05-2024

(26-05-2024, 06:43 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Looks like there's a queue of Championship clubs & PL interest. Cowley is resigned to losing him this close season. He's been playing at left CB for Colchester supposedly. I thought it was a WB but not. The good bit was Pompey had a sell on clause so will benefit when he moves. A lot wrote him off on here so looks like he's proving you all wrong.

The fuckwit strikes again lol

I do enjoy a good chuckle but we might as well try and turn this into something a little more sensible.

I actually thought there was a player in there and it’s clear you thought so too, Mikey. Who would you have replaced him with in that team that has just won the league?

RE: Minghi - 66zoolane - 27-05-2024

'Who would you have replaced him with in that team that has just won the league?'

I'm guessing you're at it too now. I'm trying to decipher that sentence, but I think the correct answer is - I'd have replaced him with any single one of them  Wink

(27-05-2024, 07:06 PM)66zoolane Wrote: 'Who would you have replaced him with in that team that has just won the league?'

I'm guessing you're at it too now. I'm trying to decipher that sentence, but I think the correct answer is - I'd have replaced him with any single one of them  Wink

It’s infectious isn’t it Big Grin

I’ll try again tomorrow, possibly.

RE: Minghi - mikey393 - 28-05-2024

Well chaps as you know I do like to keep you all entertained especially during the close season!

The original comments I picked up from Danny Cowley who said what a good, versatile player Minghi was.

He also said that there was interest Not offersfrom PL & Championship Clubs.

He gave him a chance at Pompey & remember in his game a lot were thinking who is this kid where's he been locked away.

He was outstanding in 2-3 games but then fell away with consistency being a problem.

He has so much talent rightly applied can still progress through the divisions.

He was badly advised by his agent who thought he could get a better contract at Charlton which didn't materialise so ended up at Colchester where DC nurtured him into a LHS CB talk about versatile!

If I was his agent he would still be at Pompey now as I would have negotiated him a better contract which both the club & he was happy with. We also have to remember he was out injured for a time & didn't have time to prove his fitness fully hence the low contract offer.

I hope this clears the matter up & I also deny that I'm Michael Jacobs agent!

Happy Summer All.

RE: Minghi - Cunninglinguist - 28-05-2024

I wish I could explain my dinny moments that easily.