TrueBlueArmy Forums
Matt Ritchie - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Matt Ritchie (/showthread.php?tid=4294)

Matt Ritchie - Daniel - 30-05-2024

So he has been released from Newcastle. He’s also stated in the past he has unfinished business here.

I know he wouldn’t follow the transfer strategy as well as being 35 wouldn’t play every game. 

But if the deal works for both parties I would take him on a deal as long as it didn’t stop is signing other players in his position.

His experience would great for our young coach and younger players.

RE: Matt Ritchie - wjd - 30-05-2024

(30-05-2024, 09:59 AM)Daniel Wrote: So he has been released from Newcastle. He’s also stated in the past he has unfinished business here.

I know he wouldn’t follow the transfer strategy as well as being 35 wouldn’t play every game. 

But if the deal works for both parties I would take him on a deal as long as it didn’t stop is signing other players in his position.

His experience would great for our young coach and younger players.

Can not see it happening. Think his age will rule him out. Agree that he might become a very good coach if that interests him as he clearly loves Pompey.

RE: Matt Ritchie - Cunninglinguist - 30-05-2024

Nowhere near as old as Sheringham was. He played 17 games in the premier league last season. As long as his legs haven’t gone, he could perform at wingback for us.

RE: Matt Ritchie - slayer - 30-05-2024

Money will talk. How much does Matt love Pompey? About to find out

RE: Matt Ritchie - dsmg - 30-05-2024

Are you sure those weren’t five minute sub appearances, Cunni?

RE: Matt Ritchie - Cunninglinguist - 30-05-2024

Could well have been but you generally don’t get on the pitch unless you’re considered good enough.

RE: Matt Ritchie - Roybatty - 31-05-2024

One thing is for sure,he would offer more than shyte and scully will

RE: Matt Ritchie - slayer - 31-05-2024

He will probably want a 3 year deal. I would want to offer 1 and an option for 2 with coaching on the side

RE: Matt Ritchie - Hammie - 31-05-2024

Whyte showed a little and Scully was injured after looking good. You never know, they might come through.

RE: Matt Ritchie - slayer - 31-05-2024

I think Whyte is tainted goods and is certain to leave. I hear it is geographical for him.

Can Scully come back? Hope so, good luck to him

RE: Matt Ritchie - Gerry Hatrick - 31-05-2024

No thanks. At best, maybe one for the Hawks.

RE: Matt Ritchie - bluetagagain - 31-05-2024

A 2 yr player coach deal would be good IMO

RE: Matt Ritchie - DeepBlue - 01-06-2024

(31-05-2024, 10:37 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: A 2 yr player coach deal would be good IMO

It sounds like Pack is being lined up for a role on the coaching staff when he finishes , is there room for another ?

I've got doubts about the Ritchie idea ... I think at 35 he is too old for us now.  If he really wanted to play for us again he should have taken the pay cut earlier and been willing to play at Lge 1 level.

RE: Matt Ritchie - Daniel - 01-06-2024

(01-06-2024, 10:08 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(31-05-2024, 10:37 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: A 2 yr player coach deal would be good IMO

It sounds like Pack is being lined up for a role on the coaching staff when he finishes , is there room for another ?

I've got doubts about the Ritchie idea ... I think at 35 he is too old for us now.  If he really wanted to play for us again he should have taken the pay cut earlier and been willing to play at Lge 1 level.

Hard to turn down playing in the premier league though. We have lost a lot of the senior leadership group Ritchie would be a good addition to that even if it’s a one year with option deal.

RE: Matt Ritchie - DeepBlue - 01-06-2024

(01-06-2024, 11:29 AM)Daniel Wrote:
(01-06-2024, 10:08 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Hard to turn down playing in the premier league though. We have lost a lot of the senior leadership group Ritchie would be a good addition to that even if it’s a one year with option deal.

He didn't make a single start in the league last season, all 17 of his appearances were as sub, 9 or 10 of them coming on in the 89th min, and only two or three of them more than 15 mins. He would have to go some to prove his fitness for the championship IMO, and quite frankly if we are not looking at him as a potential coach I'm not sure he's worth adding to the squad as a player.  And probably our highest paid player at that.

RE: Matt Ritchie - dsmg - 01-06-2024

Thought so

RE: Matt Ritchie - Theyak2 - 02-06-2024

I hear Mason Mount is out of favour at Manure!
Why not ask him if he fancies it?
Ritchie can follow and with Pack in the side, it's got Pompey blue running through and through.

RE: Matt Ritchie - foxleyblue - 03-06-2024

Sign him on a loan?

RE: Matt Ritchie - Gerry Hatrick - 03-06-2024

C'mon guys, he's never going to drop down two divisi.....oh, hang on!

RE: Matt Ritchie - mikey393 - 03-06-2024

Wages could be a slight problem though!