TrueBlueArmy Forums
Cullen announced - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cullen announced (/showthread.php?tid=4300)

Cullen announced - Theyak2 - 05-06-2024

We won't show our hand for another 9 days, or in other words until the transfer opening day.
What this says besides nothing, is that actually we may have done alot of business already.
Looking forward, it's an exciting time.
I felt profoundly disappointed last time around but that was proven over a season to show how much I know!
I've been a football (Pompey) man all my life and yet it can still show surprises.
I hope I am as duly disappointed as I was last time as long as the resulting season is the same as last! Lol

RE: Cullen announced - Hammie - 05-06-2024

I like that we do not get into auctions for players.
Based on last season and some time before that, our transfer business has been very good indeed building the promotion team, so I guess we trust them and get on with enjoying the summer!

RE: Cullen announced - Milkins - 06-06-2024

Agree that quietly getting on with it is always the best policy.

Last year showed that the execs did well and means that previous misfires and misses are not relevant.

RE: Cullen announced - PompeyBlue15 - 06-06-2024

(06-06-2024, 02:57 PM)Milkins Wrote: Agree that quietly getting on with it is always the best policy.

Last year showed that the execs did well and means that previous misfires and misses are not relevant.

Last year we announced Norris as our first signing on the 14th June. Almost sure two more followed that day. Would assume the same kind of thing will happen this coming season.

RE: Cullen announced - tl73 - 09-06-2024

We signed 6 in the first 2 weeks of the transfer window last season.

RE: Cullen announced - Cunninglinguist - 09-06-2024

I’m almost as interested to see who we sell as who we buy.

RE: Cullen announced - DeepBlue - 09-06-2024

(09-06-2024, 06:22 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I’m almost as interested to see who we sell as who we buy.

I'll be very surprised if there is any interest in the contracted players that we might want to get rid off (basically Schofield, Whyte & Scully) so we may well be stuck with them unless they decide to instigate a move.

RE: Cullen announced - Maddog56 - 09-06-2024

(09-06-2024, 08:30 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(09-06-2024, 06:22 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I’m almost as interested to see who we sell as who we buy.

I'll be very surprised if there is any interest in the contracted players that we might want to get rid off (basically Schofield, Whyte & Scully) so we may well be stuck with them unless they decide to instigate a move.

Pretty sure Schofield was only on a year contract so he will be gone.

RE: Cullen announced - Cunninglinguist - 09-06-2024

(09-06-2024, 08:30 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:

I’m not so sure. What we regard as failures, others will view as potential bargains.

RE: Cullen announced - Theyak2 - 10-06-2024

In scully's case, if they can get him to play then they can have him.
He brought nothing to us apart from an appalling injury record. The fact he WAS a good player basically got him a deal at Wigan and Pompey. Good luck to him if he can get another.
But for me, no thanks.
Whyte can play and has tried for his mate and manager but he simply doesn't want to be here and that's not fair on anyone at the club or the fans. Let him go or he committs properly, none of this half arsed shit. There is a player there.
Neither fill me with any "wow' going forward, it has to be said.