TrueBlueArmy Forums
Jordan Williams - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Jordan Williams (/showthread.php?tid=4311)

Pages: 1 2

Jordan Williams - Theyak2 - 13-06-2024

On a free!
Barnsley Skipper walking away from Barnsley's calamity ownership for pastures new.
He was played constantly out of position at CB last season but the year before he was a RB/RWB and comfortably the best RB in the league.
It's a 'rumour' at moment and so has probably got no legs but as a first signing, for me, that would be great business

RE: Jordan Williams - Cunninglinguist - 13-06-2024

A right back with no legs would definitely represent a huge injury record.

I think we’re best steering clear.

RE: Jordan Williams - Daniel - 13-06-2024

(13-06-2024, 11:51 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: A right back with no legs would definitely represent a huge injury record.

48 games last season 
46 the one before that

Not bad on my opinion

RE: Jordan Williams - tl73 - 13-06-2024

(13-06-2024, 11:51 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: A right back with no legs would definitely represent a huge injury record.

I think they grow back, right?

RE: Jordan Williams - Theyak2 - 13-06-2024

Each game he gets a new set!

RE: Jordan Williams - FiftyYearsOn - 13-06-2024

Very amusing! As far as Williams is concerned (excepting the ‘legs’ issue!) it would be decent business I think. Cardiff also interested apparently.

RE: Jordan Williams - Isaac Hunt - 13-06-2024

Mmm, thought it was an F1 team

RE: Jordan Williams - Slagger - 13-06-2024

So he has to decide whether he wants to be legless in Portsmouth or Cardiff?

RE: Jordan Williams - Hammie - 13-06-2024

does he have family who he wants to keep up north?

RE: Jordan Williams - 66zoolane - 13-06-2024

(13-06-2024, 05:39 PM)Hammie Wrote: does he have family who he wants to keep up north?

I have one of those. Extended family are great, irreplaceable, and best up north on a different island.

RE: Jordan Williams - TiHKAL - 13-06-2024

(13-06-2024, 06:11 PM)66zoolane Wrote:
(13-06-2024, 05:39 PM)Hammie Wrote: does he have family who he wants to keep up north?
I have one of those. Extended family are great, irreplaceable, and best up north on a different island.

I feel you, bruv.  Big Grin

RE: Jordan Williams - TitchfieldBlue - 13-06-2024

With signings like that we are heading straight back down to league one.

RE: Jordan Williams - Cunninglinguist - 14-06-2024

Can’t seem to find any Barnsley fan who is really bothered enough to comment about Williams.

In fairness, there is a comment that he was the only reasonable fullback and so they were forced to play 352.

RE: Jordan Williams - Theyak2 - 14-06-2024

On youtube there is a bloke who has done a film ranting about the mismanagement of Barnsley football club. They sold two CBs for £8m last year and in turn bought two in for £310k.
In the film he goes onto say losing Herbie Kane and Devante Cole was always going to happen and that he actually isn't that worried but the loss of Jordan Williams was an absolute nightmare. He goes on to say 'he would literally kneel down in front of him and beg him to stay'. It's a tragic loss in his mind.
Player of the year season before last, given captains armband and played out of position this season but was still in with another player of yhe year chance.

(13-06-2024, 09:26 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: With signings like that we are heading straight back down to league one.

Well that knowledge shows you as a complete coont!
Player of the year for them season before last in the championship.
Played out of position this year but we see him as a RB where he was successful.
Only player that it seems their fans are gutted to be losing and that's over Herbie Kane and Devante Cole.
You were wrong all season last time around and you've started like a coont again this season
Such as MUG!

RE: Jordan Williams - Daniel - 14-06-2024

According to Twitter we have beaten West Brom and Cardiff to his signiture

If Pompey have indeed landed JW, then that's the RB we wanted and we are off onanother Richard Hughes tour.
What a signing he was!
Sold on a vision of building a side to compete.
Pre-emptively - Well done Pompey.

RE: Jordan Williams - exterminator - 14-06-2024

(14-06-2024, 06:33 AM)Theyak2 Wrote:
(13-06-2024, 09:26 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: With signings like that we are heading straight back down to league one.

Player of the year for them season before last in the championship.
Played out of position this year but we see him as a RB where he was successful.
Only player that it seems their fans are gutted to be losing and that's over Herbie Kane and Devante Cole.
You were wrong all season last time around and you've started like a coont again this season
Such as MUG!

Does MUG stand for Muppet, Useless, Goon ?

RE: Jordan Williams - TitchfieldBlue - 14-06-2024

He got player of the season in a team which got relegated from the championship ? The same team who didn't go up last season in league one?

One thing is for sure, with signings like this we are going to struggle massively this season.

RE: Jordan Williams - tl73 - 14-06-2024

Williams was Barnsley's captain as well. It's always good to have more leaders in the side.

RE: Jordan Williams - D'Alessandro dreaming - 14-06-2024

(14-06-2024, 11:26 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: He got player of the season in a team which got relegated from the championship ? The same team who didn't go up last season in league one?

One thing is for sure, with signings like this we are going to struggle massively this season.

Andy Robertson got relegated from the Prem with Hull and then became a key part of Klopp's Liverpool team. You could tattoo what you know about football on a gnat's cock.

RE: Jordan Williams - D'Alessandro dreaming - 14-06-2024

We are back boys. Hope everyone has been keeping out of mischief. This looks to me a decent little start to our transfer window.

RE: Jordan Williams - DeepBlue - 14-06-2024

It's only a rumour at the moment?

RE: Jordan Williams - Cunninglinguist - 14-06-2024

Pete O’Rourke announced it on twitter, according to Barnsley’s site.

RE: Jordan Williams - Tomsk - 14-06-2024

(14-06-2024, 06:33 AM)Theyak2 Wrote:

Such as MUG!

Smile Smile Big Grin