TrueBlueArmy Forums
England vs Serbia - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: England vs Serbia (/showthread.php?tid=4314)

Pages: 1 2

England vs Serbia - Tufnell_Chimes - 16-06-2024

Great to see that Pompey flag in the crowd straight after Bellingham’s goal. Good work fella!

RE: England vs Serbia - 66zoolane - 16-06-2024

I missed the goal. Now you've got me scanning flags.

RE: England vs Serbia - Tufnell_Chimes - 16-06-2024

He’s to Pickford’s left towards the corner flag about a dozen+ rows back.

RE: England vs Serbia - Slagger - 16-06-2024

Leading just 1 - 0 makes me nervous.

RE: England vs Serbia - FiftyYearsOn - 16-06-2024

That was trash. foden was mr invisible. So much hype so little football. Makes me realise why I can’t get excited about England.

RE: England vs Serbia - Lawrence - 16-06-2024

(16-06-2024, 08:34 PM)Slagger Wrote: Leading just 1 - 0 makes me nervous.

Like every fecking England game. Grab a goal and put everybody behind the ball and hang on. Southgate gets away with it again.

RE: England vs Serbia - D'Alessandro dreaming - 16-06-2024

Take the win which should ease the pressure. I want a statement performance against Denmark.

RE: England vs Serbia - 66zoolane - 16-06-2024

I can remember the exact moment I stopped caring. In a pub, WC1998 v Argentina, and ppl all around going to pieces and out of the blue, I thought 'So fkg what'. Walking home, my mates kicking over dustbins, chucking everything they could find and I realised all the years caring how England did were a total waste of time. Brilliant moment of total serenity. Pompey, on the other hand...

RE: England vs Serbia - exgaffer - 16-06-2024

(16-06-2024, 09:02 PM)66zoolane Wrote: I can remember the exact moment I stopped caring. In a pub, WC1998 v Argentina, and ppl all around going to pieces and out of the blue, I  thought 'So fkg what'. Walking home, my mates kicking over dustbins, chucking everything they could find and I realised all the years caring how England did were a total waste of time. Brilliant moment of total serenity. Pompey, on the other hand...

Yep, just looked at my ‘Giveafuckometer’ and it is barely registering.

RE: England vs Serbia - Hermann's_no_hermit - 16-06-2024

(16-06-2024, 08:57 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: That was trash. foden was mr invisible. So much hype so little football. Makes me realise why I can’t get excited about England.

Yet to see Foden do anything for England. Should play Cole Palmer. Having said that as others have said on here it's hard to really care. Watch the England games with no enthusiasm.

RE: England vs Serbia - Smirnoffexpress - 17-06-2024

Same old predictable Southgate shit.

RE: England vs Serbia - Cunninglinguist - 17-06-2024

Didn’t even know England were playing until I read this thread.

Mind, I didn’t know it was Father’s Day until my kids arrived with cards and stuff. What a lovely surprise.

RE: England vs Serbia - Roybatty - 17-06-2024

(17-06-2024, 04:53 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Same old predictable Southgate shit.

Reverted to type the second half, Southgate will never change as a manager!

RE: England vs Serbia - Tufnell_Chimes - 17-06-2024

Foden just gets too easily pushed off the ball - such a lightweight. Got showed up immediately by Bowen on the get-stuck-in stakes.

RE: England vs Serbia - firqdays - 17-06-2024

We won.

For me a typical England tournament start, and we will not show our true intensity and desire until the knock-out games.

However, FODEN was disappointing, I was expecting a lot more from him, his performance similar to that last friendly match at Wembley - he needs to step it up - and quickly.

RE: England vs Serbia - Tufnell_Chimes - 17-06-2024

Its Foden or Bellingham for the No.10 shirt, and right now its Bellingham - he's the better player. Foden's place is on the bench until that changes. Anthony Gordon would've been a better fit. Same issue with Trent, trying to squeeze in the big names just damages the team. Have we not learned anything from the Gerard/Lampard/Scholes years?

RE: England vs Serbia - foxleyblue - 17-06-2024

Didn't England beat Argentina 1.0 then go on to lift the trophy in 1966?
Must be an Omen Big Grin

RE: England vs Serbia - Roybatty - 17-06-2024

(17-06-2024, 08:58 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: Its Foden or Bellingham for the No.10 shirt, and right now its Bellingham - he's the better player. Foden's place is on the bench until that changes. Anthony Gordon would've been a better fit. Same issue with Trent, trying to squeeze in the big names just damages the team. Have we not learned anything from the Gerard/Lampard/Scholes years

We're still appointing shit managers,so no,we haven't learned anything

RE: England vs Serbia - bluetagagain - 17-06-2024

Stop feckin moaning. You won! You beat a team that allowed space in the first half but closed it down in the second. Don’t blame Foden he’s one of your best players, he was played out of position.

RE: England vs Serbia - Tomsk - 17-06-2024

(17-06-2024, 08:58 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: Its Foden or Bellingham for the No.10 shirt, and right now its Bellingham - he's the better player. Foden's place is on the bench until that changes. Anthony Gordon would've been a better fit. Same issue with Trent, trying to squeeze in the big names just damages the team. Have we not learned anything from the Gerard/Lampard/Scholes years?

That's pretty much how I saw it. I'd have stuck Gordon on in the second half and he would have run those big lumps ragged. Foden, tremendous player but not last night, he'd have been hooked as would Alexander-Arnold. Tbf I wouldn't have gone with Gallagher but he did alright when he came on. I would love to have seen Eze given a run out though.
Now Bellingham mmmm, obviously a tremendous talent and super star in the making... but in danger of knowing it, loving it and becoming a bit of a bertie big bollox, needs to be careful, for his sake and the sake of the team

RE: England vs Serbia - DeepBlue - 17-06-2024

(17-06-2024, 09:27 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: Didn't England beat Argentina 1.0 then go on to lift the trophy in 1966?
Must be an Omen Big Grin

That was in the quarter-finals. 

Opening group game was a 0-0 draw with Uruguay.

I thought England played very well for half an hour last night. If it had been the last half hour rather than the first everyone would be raving about the performance.  But the most encouraging thing for me was that the defence, which I thought would be their achilles heel, played very well and never really looked likely to concede. Guehi in particular proved he can step up to that level.

RE: England vs Serbia - TiHKAL - 17-06-2024

(17-06-2024, 12:07 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Stop feckin moaning. You won! You beat a team that allowed space in the first half but closed it down in the second. Don’t blame Foden he’s one of your best players, he was played out of position.

Ingerland fans like to moan about anything that doesn’t look like total football, while deriding it for being something they don’t have the players for. It’s a strange dichotomy - and why I gave up in Charlois 2000.

RE: England vs Serbia - firqdays - 18-06-2024

I think we have along way to go in this competition and say again, bring on the knock-out games and only then we shall see a lot more fire in their bellies.

RE: England vs Serbia - Theyak2 - 18-06-2024

I don't blame Foden. He is out of position for England.
That's just Southgate making space for his best players but not best players in that position. Sara occupies Fiden's position. Antony Gordon is a far better left winger and playing well in THAT position.
Southgate's tactical nous and belief in going forwards is just mind numbingly shit!
He has been good off the park for England but on it is a fecking liability that makes our play look ponderous at times.

RE: England vs Serbia - firqdays - 19-06-2024

My goodness how many brilliant, potential, football consultants we have on this forum !