TrueBlueArmy Forums
Current starting lineup - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Current starting lineup (/showthread.php?tid=4330)

Current starting lineup - Daniel - 26-06-2024

Current starting lineup This is how I roughly see us with what we have. I think it’s a ok start obvious we need a bit more quality but few more permanents and a complement of loans I think we will be ok.

————————Norris————————
Williams-Shaughnessy-Poole-Ogilve 
——————Pack——moxon——————
——Lane————lang————Murphy——
————————Bishop————————

A top box to box midfielder and attacking midfielder 

And then quality to push the rest of the squad

But it’s not surgery it’s just adding a few quality at what we already have.

RE: Current starting lineup - Pedalo_menders - 26-06-2024

If we get Robertson and someone to really push lane, we'll be in good shape

RE: Current starting lineup - DeepBlue - 26-06-2024

(26-06-2024, 09:42 AM)Daniel Wrote: Current starting lineup This is how I roughly see us with what we have. I think it’s a ok start obvious we need a bit more quality but few more permanents and a complement of loans I think we will be ok.

————————Norris————————
Williams-Shaughnessy-Poole-Ogilve 
——————Pack——moxon——————
——Lane————lang————Murphy——
————————Bishop————————

A top box to box midfielder and attacking midfielder 

And then quality to push the rest of the squad

But it’s not surgery it’s just adding a few quality at what we already have.

Bit early to be even thinking of a line-up ... there's another 8 or so signings to come in yet.

RE: Current starting lineup - stayinupforever - 26-06-2024

Will Tom McIntyre be fit for next season?

Yes, I thunk there was an article saying he was ready for pre-season. It's Poole who is a little further behind. What a,boost it will be when he gets back. Poole shaughness monster and BigMac all vying for a start

RE: Current starting lineup - FiftyYearsOn - 26-06-2024

I might be out of step with the majority here but I feel Anjorin might be here to push for a starting place as well.

RE: Current starting lineup - Daniel - 26-06-2024

(26-06-2024, 12:19 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: I might be out of step with the majority here but I feel Anjorin might be here to push for a starting place as well.

He looked really good next to pack at the end of last season but can he stay fit!

I had the feeling he was on the cusp of really becoming a midfield force before his injury.

RE: Current starting lineup - bluetagagain - 26-06-2024

I reckon there’s a good chance we’ll get Robertson and Anjorin back on loan , unless Everton or someone offers decent money for Robertson.

RE: Current starting lineup - DeepBlue - 26-06-2024

(26-06-2024, 02:15 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I reckon there’s a good chance we’ll get Robertson and Anjorin back on loan , unless Everton or someone offers decent money for Robertson.

Swansea are apparently trying to sign Anjorin....let's hope he would prefer to come here

RE: Current starting lineup - mikey393 - 26-06-2024

I think we'll get Anjorin back unless Swansea offer more money. We could really do with somehow getting Kamara back on loan with a buy clause. He is different class let's hope new Norwich manager wants him to have more loan experience.

RE: Current starting lineup - Hammie - 26-06-2024

Anjorin would be a gamble for anyone to sign him permanently

RE: Current starting lineup - Cunninglinguist - 28-06-2024

I think this is a great idea for a thread. It’ll change, of course, as players come in. Just because a new player comes in, it doesn’t necessarily follow that he’s going to be first pick,

So, does Archer replace Norris in that proposed lineup?

RE: Current starting lineup - Daniel - 28-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 03:10 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I think this is a great idea for a thread. It’ll change,  of course, as players come in. Just because a new player comes in, it doesn’t necessarily follow that he’s going to be first pick,

I wouldn’t say he does.

I would like us to go in for Marc Leonard from Brighton linked with a move away 

And Antony Evans attackin midfielder from Bristol rovers who we have been linked with

RE: Current starting lineup - DeepBlue - 28-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 03:10 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I think this is a great idea for a thread. It’ll change,  of course, as players come in. Just because a new player comes in, it doesn’t necessarily follow that he’s going to be first pick,

No chance.

He has been a number two for the past 5 years and played only 15 games in those 5 years. 

A good signing as a backup keeper but absolutely no way that he had been brought in with a view to replacing Norris.

RE: Current starting lineup - TitchfieldBlue - 28-06-2024

I think we will be down towards the bottom of the table fighting relegation all season with the starting team mentioned in the first post. Too many league one players. An excellent league 1 team but might struggle in the championship.

Not convinced Lane, Bishop etc are ready for the step up.

There is a big gap between league 1 and the championship.

RE: Current starting lineup - Cunninglinguist - 28-06-2024

But, but, but he’s a Scottish international ffs.

RE: Current starting lineup - 66zoolane - 28-06-2024

Totally agree. Scottish internationals are worth their weight in asbestos.

RE: Current starting lineup - slayer - 29-06-2024

FOAD Titchy

RE: Current starting lineup - mikey393 - 01-07-2024

Definitely Not & No idea why we gave him a 2 year contract!

RE: Current starting lineup - Cunninglinguist - 02-07-2024

(01-07-2024, 09:21 PM)mikey393 Wrote:

Because our league one championship winning manager thinks he’s a good keeper??????

RE: Current starting lineup - Daniel - 02-07-2024

(02-07-2024, 07:48 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:21 PM)mikey393 Wrote:

Because our league one championship winning manager thinks he’s a good keeper??????

Good experienced head to have around the team won’t be starting

Newcastle have just signed John ruddy obviously not for the first team
Man City have Scott Carson also not starting but good to have around the squad
Man Utd have Tom Heston it’s all about having great people around the squad

RE: Current starting lineup - bluetagagain - 02-07-2024

Is Ben Stevenson still with us??
Also regarding GK’s I see that Schofield is still training with us ( maybe JM is allowing him to keep fit with us while looks for another club),
IIRC McGillverary? got capped for Scotland.

RE: Current starting lineup - DeepBlue - 02-07-2024

(02-07-2024, 11:17 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Is Ben Stevenson still with us??
Also regarding GK’s I see that Schofield is still training with us ( maybe JM is allowing him to keep fit with us while looks for another club),
IIRC McGillverary? got capped for Scotland.

He was called up for the squad but didn't play. 

Not sure what your point is though .. surely he would also be a perfectly suitable choice for our number two slot ?

RE: Current starting lineup - Pedalo_menders - 02-07-2024

I think Bass is a more than capable number 2 but he's living it large in L2

Nice to read this morning that Poole is out on the grass running. Albeit not with the main group.