TrueBlueArmy Forums
Keeper signed - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Keeper signed (/showthread.php?tid=4335)

Keeper signed - Robsquad - 27-06-2024

Jordan Archer from QPR

RE: Keeper signed - Robsquad - 27-06-2024

2 year deal for a Keeper that has 15 appearances in 5 years at 6 different clubs.

RE: Keeper signed - TBP - 27-06-2024

(27-06-2024, 06:09 PM)Robsquad Wrote: 2 year deal for a Keeper that has 15 appearances in 5 years at 6 different clubs.

First rate bench warmer, then.

RE: Keeper signed - DeepBlue - 27-06-2024

I remember him being Millwall's first choice for years. 

Decent enough player and experienced enough to be a decent number two. Certainly an upgrade on Schofield, but maybe not on Macey, but we were never going to able to keep him as a number two.

RE: Keeper signed - Hammie - 27-06-2024

I can't coont myself as a better judge than the club, especially after last season's business. Welcome aboard, see you in the cup games. Now makes sense how we have drawn Millwall.

RE: Keeper signed - dsmg - 27-06-2024

Love that Hammie: ´I can't coont myself...`

RE: Keeper signed - mikey393 - 28-06-2024

Would have preferred to keep Macey & give him more games.

Not convinced with Norris & handling lapses which will be punished this season.

Truely Underwhelming signing!

RE: Keeper signed - dsmg - 28-06-2024

Mikey, you're turning into Titchy. Everything seems negative

RE: Keeper signed - Hammie - 28-06-2024

count the typos

RE: Keeper signed - mikey393 - 30-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 05:40 PM)dsmg Wrote: Mikey, you're turning into Titchy. Everything seems negative

Not at all just being realistic.

"2 year deal for a Keeper that has 15 appearances in 5 years at 6 different clubs".

Hardly inspires confidence but happy to be proved wrong.

Play him against Millwall in the Carabou Cup & let's see how good he is.

If Norris gets injured he's the back up.

RE: Keeper signed - DeepBlue - 30-06-2024

(30-06-2024, 01:52 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(28-06-2024, 05:40 PM)dsmg Wrote: Mikey, you're turning into Titchy. Everything seems negative

Not at all just being realistic.

"2 year deal for a Keeper that has 15 appearances in 5 years at 6 different clubs".

Hardly inspires confidence but happy to be proved wrong.

Play him against Millwall in the Carabou Cup & let's see how good he is.

If Norris gets injured he's the back up.

74 championship appearances and a scotland cap would indicate that he has is good enough to be our number two.

We've all seen him play for Millwall so know he is not a dud.  He is a competent experienced championship keeper who is happy to be a number two these days ... seems like the perfect signing to me.

RE: Keeper signed - wjd - 01-07-2024

Would have preferred Toby Stewart to be the number two and play the cup games, etc. He is 19 now and very highly rated and I understand the logic of getting him games by being loaned out but would think that at 19, he should be old enough to stay with us and if necessary play in the first team. A risk but if we are to develop our younger players, we need to give them a chance. Archer is almost certainly just a stop gap option.

RE: Keeper signed - DeepBlue - 01-07-2024

(01-07-2024, 08:03 AM)wjd Wrote: Would have preferred Toby Stewart to be the number two and play the cup games, etc. He is 19 now and very highly rated and I understand the logic of getting him games by being loaned out but would think that at 19, he should be old enough to stay with us and if necessary play in the first team. A risk but if we are to develop our younger players, we need to give them a chance. Archer is almost certainly just a stop gap option.

Steward will presumably go on a recallable loan to get games but come if we get an injured keeper.