TrueBlueArmy Forums
Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro (/showthread.php?tid=4336)

Pages: 1 2

Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - Robsquad - 28-06-2024

We are supposedly after a deal for Australian Sammy Silvera

Obviously a friend for Yengi

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - DeepBlue - 28-06-2024

A winger, made 37 appearances for Middlesbrough last season and is a full international for Australia. 

An interesting signing if true.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - blueandwight - 28-06-2024

We're going to be overloaded with wide players whereas we need strengthening in virtually every other position.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - Robsquad - 28-06-2024

To have Murphy and Silvera as left wing options is looking good for new season

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - blueandwight - 28-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 10:15 AM)blueandwight Wrote: We're going to be overloaded with wide players whereas we need strengthening in virtually every other position.

PS On that basis the chances of seeing Kamara again are pretty slim

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - DeepBlue - 28-06-2024

We've always known that the chances of seeing Kamara again are virtually non-existent, and completely out of our hands. 

Lane, Murphy & Silvera would give us good options for the wide positions with  Whyte and/or Scully to make a fourth and or fifth option.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - slayer - 28-06-2024

Think this speaks more about Gavin Shyte's future

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - Daniel - 28-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 11:34 AM)slayer Wrote: Think this speaks more about Gavin Whyte future

I would say more scullys.

Whyte’s beat postion is on the right and was rarely played there last season. When on the left he always drifted in.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - simonfkwit - 28-06-2024

More genius from Mark McMahon. Apparently Boro insisting on a key clause.

The clause being....there's not a clause in there.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - bluetagagain - 28-06-2024

Maybe JM is after the Aussie job if and when it becomes available ( shock emoji ).

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - exterminator - 28-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 11:57 AM)simonfkwit Wrote: More genius from Mark McMahon. Apparently Boro insisting on a key clause.

It appears that McMahon has picked up on a story from one of his fellow Bozo Journos thay appeated in in the Northern Monkeys Echo & re-hashed it for the Snooze.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - foxleyblue - 28-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 11:57 AM)simonfkwit Wrote: More genius from Mark McMahon. Apparently Boro insisting on a key clause.

Yep, it reads that Pompey doesn't have the option of having him permanently.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - Cliff Portwood gave me a lift - 28-06-2024

If he comes, I can add him to my Beatles collection.

Maxwell's Silvera Hammer.

Apologies

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - foxleyblue - 28-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 02:58 PM)Cliff Portwood gave me a lift Wrote: If he comes, I can add him to my Beatles collection.

Apologies

I love the Beatles except for that song, and yellow submarine.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - Slagger - 28-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 03:05 PM)foxleyblue Wrote:
(28-06-2024, 02:58 PM)Cliff Portwood gave me a lift Wrote: If he comes, I can add him to my Beatles collection.

Apologies

I love the Beatles except for that song, and yellow submarine.

I’ll add “Ob La Di Ob La Da” to those two…

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - Cliff Portwood gave me a lift - 28-06-2024

Mull of Kintyre (although McCartney alone). When the bagpipes start I feel homicidal.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - FiftyYearsOn - 28-06-2024

Would help make Alex Robertson feel right at home.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - exterminator - 28-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 03:48 PM)Cliff Portwood gave me a lift Wrote: Mull of Kintyre (although McCartney alone). When the bagpipes start I feel homicidal.

That reminds me of when workmates were called in to the office in the 1980s for some minor misdemeanour & we all used to  sing  :-

"Bollock In Tyre" .......  Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - briefcase_wanchor - 28-06-2024

Remember the last time we stuffed our squad full of Aussies….

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - dsmg - 28-06-2024

Aloisi was good

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - wjd - 28-06-2024

Looks a decent player but another loan? So far, we have signed a couple of decent free transfers, a journeyman back up keeper, a young kid from non-league and, if it happens, a loan. We can not simply rely on frees and loans. We now receive a large sum of money from Sky, have 15000 season ticket holders so are all but guaranteed full houses each week and we have probably spent £25-50k! I know the Eisners work to a 'sustainable' financial basis but with the financial benefits already mentioned, surely our ambition should include some decent permanent signings. Here's hoping the next few weeks bring them.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - TareeDawg - 29-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 10:14 PM)wjd Wrote: Looks a decent player but another loan? So far, we have signed a couple of decent free transfers, a journeyman back up keeper, a young kid from non-league and, if it happens, a loan. We can not simply rely on frees and loans. We now receive a large sum of money from Sky, have 15000 season ticket holders so are all but guaranteed full houses each week and we have probably spent £25-50k! I know the Eisners work to a 'sustainable' financial basis but with the financial benefits already mentioned, surely our ambition should include some decent permanent signings. Here's hoping the next few weeks bring them.

Agree. We need at least two signings that say we are making a statement. Or else what was the real point of getting promoted? To struggle and go down?

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - Theyak2 - 29-06-2024

I said the same last year, maybe not going down but was completely underwhelmed.
Look how wrong I was.
I'm not saying we are going to piss the league but we certainly need and owe our trust to Richard Hughes and John Mousinho.
It's a bit early to wet the bed!

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - Hammie - 29-06-2024

As regards loans or not, we seem to be in the habit of grabbing decent players when they come available. He seems a direct replacement for Kamara?
Whyte did improve, Scully was injured, might see one or both move on if we have replaced them.

RE: Sammy Silvera on loan from Boro - Daniel - 29-06-2024

Loan wise micah hamilton would be one I’d love us to go after!