TrueBlueArmy Forums
Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? (/showthread.php?tid=436)

Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - Jezzer - 27-03-2021

Most of the people on this board could see the problem so why not those with the power to do something about it?

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - Pangus - 27-03-2021

Only one word necessary to describe Ben Close and Pompey : Magnificent, totally outplayed Shrews, the difference is unbelievable. Well Okay 10 words then.

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - Jizbag - 27-03-2021

I called it after the first 6 months.

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - dsmg - 27-03-2021

True, some of the players look rejuvenated. Johnson and Brown excellent going forward.

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - ForeverPompey - 27-03-2021

if we miss play offs by a couple of points we will be frustrated but we will still have a promising season to look forward to next season.

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - mikey393 - 27-03-2021

Play Offs should be o.k. but we should be in the autos if we'd twisted managers earlier.

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - bluetagagain - 27-03-2021

They should’ve listened to me 4 seasons ago lol

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - Wightblue - 27-03-2021

The average Pompey fan knows more about the game of football than The Eisners and Catlin combined, that’s why the Eisners hung on hoping for the best whilst the fans fretted.

Whilst there are many different opinions expressed on this Board, the general opinion amongst the fans was that The Jackett Method was tedious to watch and never going to produce winning and attractive football.

Of course, some amongst the fans backed Jackett and still trotted out their only argument in his favour “Look at his win percentage FFS”.

I don’t think that Tornante fired Jackett for footballing reasons, more that they were fed up with the abuse being hurled at them and fearful that there might be a considerable fans backlash when Season Tickets finally go an sale again.

Anyway, whatever the reason, sanity prevailed and The Cowleys arrived, I just hope they have sufficient time and luck to get us to the playoffs, pity the change took so long, we may have been looking at The Autos otherwise

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - slayer - 27-03-2021

I think the board implicitly acknowledge, through their interest in a Sporting Director, that they were paralysed from making this decision sooner.

Irrespective I think the board need to apologise to the fans at this point and say 'we got it wrong'.

My personal view is that it should have been done the Monday morning after the Oxford play-off defeat.

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - Jizbag - 27-03-2021

Should have been done after Sunderland 2nd leg play off semi.

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - Pedalo_menders - 27-03-2021

It's going to be an exciting close end to the season. Most fans would have preferred if Kenny departed prior to the season starting but that was never going to happen.

At least now there is something to play for. But remember, Awford did fantastically to keep us up but then couldn't cut the mustard as full time manager. Not saying that will happen with the Cowley's but it's too early to be sure.

We'll just have to enjoy the ride.

The team played fantastic today though and I'm excited to see what else we'll see before the season's out.

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - muschi - 27-03-2021

Far too early to make any kind of judgement but the signs are positive.

A massive positive today, how many of us thought oh no here we go again when we went down to 10 men? I I idd and was pleasently surprised, long may it last. Clearly auto promotion is gone but could we finally win a play off game?

Fingers crossed.

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - roysiv - 28-03-2021

(27-03-2021, 11:15 PM)muschi Wrote: Far too early to make any kind of judgement but the signs are positive.

A massive positive today, how many of us thought oh no here we go again when we went down to 10 men? I I idd and was pleasently surprised, long may it last. Clearly auto promotion is gone but could we finally win a play off game?

Fingers crossed.

Autos are still very possible, Blackpool have Sunderland twice yet, we are 12 points behind the top team, Hull, but with two games in hand, there are a lot of games where the top ten play each other, except us! Will 85 points be a top two place?

RE: Why the fook didn't they sack Jackett earlier? - Pedalo_menders - 28-03-2021

Yeh it's funny isnt it. Today we looked every bit the automatic promotion team. Blew away the opposition in the first half, then more or less saw out the game at a canter with 10 men.

We're just lacking the points to be top 2! Lol