TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team Today - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team Today (/showthread.php?tid=451)

Pages: 1 2

Team Today - Who_Am_I? - 02-04-2021

MacGillivray;
Johnson, Whatmough, Raggett, Brown;
Naylor, Close
Harness, Williams, Jacobs,
Curtis

Subs: Ward, Bolton, Nicolaisen, Daniels, Cannon, White, Byers

RE: Team Today - dsmg - 02-04-2021

Looks good to me. Fast and skilful

RE: Team Today - ForeverPompey - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 01:13 PM)dsmg Wrote: Looks good to me. Fast and skilful

fast and skilful... plus raggetino Big Grin ...just joking. Got him down for the first goal today (not an own goal either!!).

Lol :-)

RE: Team Today - Hammie - 02-04-2021

Close knitting it together, canon getting a rest.

To things. Williams continues to be a waste of space. and that was great producing, what a very nice replay instead of showing the goal.

Williams a waste of space?

according to many online, happily not me!

RE: Team Today - bluetagagain - 02-04-2021

Jacobs missed a sitter. harness and naylor's passing a bit hit and miss

Good game though.
Talking Williams landing on his head might not do him much good.

RE: Team Today - Tufnell_Chimes - 02-04-2021

Williams a waste of space is he?
1-0

(02-04-2021, 02:23 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: Williams a waste of space is he?
1-0

I was being facetious, having defended him virtually every week since he has been here. I think he's one of our most valuable team players. Something I don't like is the green and black kit which is performing as camo to my eyes today!

RE: Team Today - Deebo - 02-04-2021

Not perfect by any means but watching this it still feels like I've been let out of priz after a 4-year stretch.

(02-04-2021, 02:36 PM)Deebo Wrote: Not perfect by any means but watching this it still feels like I've been let out of priz after a 4-year stretch.

I've gone from joining the couldn't be bothered team to really enjoying watching my team once more.

RE: Team Today - Tufnell_Chimes - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 02:30 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 02:23 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: Williams a waste of space is he?
1-0

I was being facetious, having defended him virtually every week since he has been here. I think he's one of our most valuable team players. Something I don't like is the green and black kit which is performing as camo to my eyes today!

Smile 

2-0 now. Sunderland 1-0 down at home (tho' draw might be better), Doncaster lost, Peterborough 0-0.

if we could take advantage we need to up our goal difference and although Rochdale look quite handy we could get a few today.

RE: Team Today - Deebo - 02-04-2021

Bit harum scarum at the back but just got away with it. Close best player so far?

(02-04-2021, 02:51 PM)Deebo Wrote: Bit harum scarum at the back but just got away with it. Close best player so far?

Jack has done a good job of picking things off with a couple of quick runs from his position to where he is needed

RE: Team Today - Who_Am_I? - 02-04-2021

this is one of those old style Pompey games where we could concede one or even two goals but still go on to win Smile

We need Swindon to win (1-0 down at the mo). We just need to tighten up the final ball and keep our concentration 100%. Really back in love with Pompey after a 4 year hiatus. Well done the Cowleys

(02-04-2021, 03:01 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: this is one of those old style Pompey games where we could concede one or even two goals but still go on to win Smile

so much more what we enjoy than the last age of percentage football making sure we dont lose first
yes i know we were top scorers ish but it did not feel like that

I think Naylor's passing has been poor today and we've lost a bit of impedance in the last 30 mins,however, there has been some lovely link up play and the players are getting more confident on the ball every game. I still think the play-offs will be our best bet this season, and hopefully we'll break our play off voodoo and go up so we can be watching Championship football at FP next season.

All credit to Rochdale they didn't give up and played some good football. With 2 better front men they may have caused us a lot of problems. Still 3 points for us, upwards and onwards.

RE: Team Today - TBP - 02-04-2021

Pompey now in play-offs by right, as only Blackpool can step over them with their game in hand.

RE: Team Today - Pangus - 02-04-2021

We largely controlled this game after we had taken that 2 goal lead but I was somewhat disappointed by one or two performances i.e. Jacobs was poor and really should have put us three up towards the end of the first half with an open goal. I expected Close to have more influence on the game and he did not impose himself at all.