TrueBlueArmy Forums
Todays ratings - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Todays ratings (/showthread.php?tid=462)

Todays ratings - DeepBlue - 05-04-2021

My ratings today

McGillivray 7 : Considering the pressure we were under he had few saves to make (if any?) but he collected crosses well all game. 
Johnson 6 : Not at his best today but had a hard job to do against Solomon-Atabor and he stopped him producing anything
Whatmough 8: MOTM for me. Lost count of the number of successful tackles he made and solid as ever in the air. Epitomised the 'they shall not pass' attitude.  
Raggett 7 : Got away with a mistake in the first half but generally very solid
Brown 7 : Solid as a rock when we need it, and showed his experience in 'game management' (a phrase I hate!) 
Naylor 6 : Looked out of it in the first half but got stronger as the game went on 
Close 6 : Pitch did not suit his game but did nothing wrong, just didn't influence the game as much as he has done
recently
Harness 6 : Frustrating that nothing he tried came off but he kept going 
Williams 6 : Worked hard enough for a 7 but minus one for his terrible ball in for Curtis when both were clean through in the first half, not the only time his touch was lacking. 
Jacobs 5 : Can't say I can remember anything he did today .. not the type of game he excels in
Curtis 7 : Suspect many will criticise him for his first half when nothing stuck and he looked like a winger playing out of position, but I think he deserves great credit for the way he kept going, working unselfishly and I thought he got better as the game went on. Gave everything he had. 

Subs 
Cannon 8 : What an entrance, what a goal and his energy was much needed thereafter, but wasted a good opportunity later on when passing could have put the game to bed 
White 6 : Gave the ball away too often for my liking
Nicolaesen 7 :  Not on for long but impressed with how he instantly fitted in to the backs against the wall battle. 
Bolton : n/a 

Cowleys 7 : Got away with a below par performance but will file this under 'finding a different way to win' and deserve credit for that.  Bringing Bolton on for Harness would have brought pelters if Jackett had done it for inviting pressure but got away with it.

RE: Todays ratings - Rocketman - 05-04-2021

Not too much to disagree with there. My MoTM was Brown (Jack 2nd). I always have a problem with the keeper mark. Today he did absolutely nothing wrong, can't blame him for having little to do, so by default maybe it should be an 8 every time that happens. Probably my MoTS so far.

RE: Todays ratings - Tomsk - 06-04-2021

Surely all players should start the game on a 5 and move up or down based on their positive or negative contributions. If they do pretty much feck all they stay on a 5

RE: Todays ratings - DeepBlue - 06-04-2021

(06-04-2021, 09:40 AM)Tomsk Wrote: Surely all players should start the game on a 5 and move up or down based on their positive or negative contributions. If they do pretty much feck all they stay on a 5

In most newspaper systems someone who does their job and does everything expected of them starts on a 7 and goes up or down from there based on good or bad play. 7 is an OK game. 

Certainly that is the basis I work from, and yes it can make it difficult to give a keeper a rating if he has nothing much to do but for me that is a 7 because he's done everything asked of him and has done nothing to deserve downgrading.

RE: Todays ratings - bluetagagain - 06-04-2021

He deserves a 7 just for his immense presence alone