TrueBlueArmy Forums
Burton - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Burton (/showthread.php?tid=472)

Pages: 1 2 3

Burton - Cunninglinguist - 09-04-2021

Have had some sparkling results against the top clubs in the division. They’ve had some poor results against the very ordinary sides too (including Sunderland).

Are we going to give em a good hammering? We need to up our goal difference!

RE: Burton - Pedalo_menders - 09-04-2021

My money is on a 2-1 win.

RE: Burton - amadalso - 09-04-2021

(09-04-2021, 11:26 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Have had some sparkling results against the top clubs in the division. They’ve had some poor results against the very ordinary sides too (including Sunderland).

Very good point. Goal difference may be crucial. Can you imagine we finish level on points with 2nd placed, only to miss out on automatic promotion due to just one or two goals fewer. Then to go to play offs only to lose out as so often previously.
It is imperative we improve goal difference considerably.

RE: Burton - TBP - 09-04-2021

(09-04-2021, 01:15 PM)amadalso Wrote:
(09-04-2021, 11:26 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Have had some sparkling results against the top clubs in the division. They’ve had some poor results against the very ordinary sides too (including Sunderland).

Very good point. Goal difference may be crucial. Can you imagine we finish level on points with 2nd placed, only to miss out on automatic promotion due to just one or two goals fewer. Then to go to play offs only to lose out as so often previously.
It is imperative we improve goal difference considerably.

Unfortunately, if it's Hull, then the goal difference is going to have to improve by 21.

RE: Burton - Pedalo_menders - 09-04-2021

Yup, but I think the GD is too far gone now. We’ve had some shocking results this season.

Losing to managerless Wigan, managerless Bristol Rovers, managerless Doncaster, getting spanked by 4-1 by Northampton. Throwing away leads against Gillingham & Plymouth to name a few.

Very frustrating as just so many ‘easy’ opportunities to put points on the board were wasted. 

But I’m not one to dwell Cool 

A line has been drawn and the boys have a new sense of purpose. MOOOOO ARRMMYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Burton - bluetagagain - 10-04-2021

2-0 pompey

RE: Burton - Hammie - 10-04-2021

tight but we seem to be moving the ball better now

RE: Burton - Tufnell_Chimes - 10-04-2021

Charlton just gone one-up

RE: Burton - ForeverPompey - 10-04-2021

Disjointed performance. No shots on target. We would be moaning and rightly so if KJ was manager. Must do better. Come on Pompey!!

Shambolic performance. Losing and no sign of goals.

RE: Burton - Jizbag - 10-04-2021

Naylor has been terrible lately. Needs dropping if we had the choice.

hardly shambolic. need to get harness in the game and need to be braver against some very strong pressing all over the pitch. pass it fast and keep Burton moving, they will tire. Missing a natural striker at the mo, especially need a physical presence.

RE: Burton - blueinbrum3 - 10-04-2021

76% possession, 1 shot on target and now losing. Bit of work to do. Burton are going to be even tougher to break down now with a goal in the bag. Someone has to start working their goalie or this isn’t going to end well!

Naylor mentioned above. His passing seems to have gone back to previous seasons. My biggest worry is Daniels, not quite sure what is wrong with him but he just does not seem to be anything close to a higher league player since he has come here.

They win every first header in our box. Everyone scared of having the ball and desperate to get rid as fast as possible. No cohesive attacks no shots on target against a team that just run around a lot. Really depressing 45 minutes. Cannon is mr invisible today. Now we will see if the Cowleys can earn their keep. big half coming up will tell us plenty about what can be achieved this season. Turn it around and play offs are on, lose and under pressure From below. Fingers crossed.

RE: Burton - Jizbag - 10-04-2021

I'd put Stanley on 2nd half..need a striker out there.

(10-04-2021, 03:01 PM)Jizbag Wrote: I'd put Stanley on 2nd half..need a striker out there.

Agreed. See what he can do and nothing to lose.

agreed if stanley has the physical presence against a big and aggressive defence

Can’t be worse than curtis

Only one more change available. No change of shape. Interesting. Not sure what the plan is. Surely we can play better than this???

burton are doing a job on us. We are being out physicalled all over the pitch. Are we working as hard as they are?

I think they are working harder in a more meaningful way if that makes sense. I feel our work is more headless running at the moment

not sure we have realised that they are bigger than us and high crosses are not going to achieve much

I bet the manager wishes he had a meaningful striker .. a presence in the box.

RE: Burton - blueinbrum3 - 10-04-2021

This is going to be one of those lacklustre performances ending in an embarrassing defeat that we are all familiar with from the past. Not necessarily fatal to play off hopes but will certainly hole Pompey below the water line.