TrueBlueArmy Forums
MacGillivray - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MacGillivray (/showthread.php?tid=480)

MacGillivray - TBP - 11-04-2021

Having now seen the highlights, I noted that the second goal was from distance at a nice height, but MacGillivray didn't save it. He's had another one like this recently. Is this a problem area for him?

RE: MacGillivray - ForeverPompey - 11-04-2021

Agreed. I thought at the time it looked a little soft. It did come round the ‘wall’ but still...

RE: MacGillivray - Deebo - 11-04-2021

Me to.

RE: MacGillivray - Jezzer - 11-04-2021

I thought the free kick awarded for the goal (Raggett?)  was soft at best but that may be down to my dodgy eyesight.

RE: MacGillivray - TBP - 11-04-2021

No, the free kick was soft too.

RE: MacGillivray - exgaffer - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 12:26 PM)Jezzer Wrote: I thought the free kick awarded for the goal (Raggett?)  was soft at best but that may be down to my dodgy eyesight.

I agree Jezzer, it was never a free kick IMO.

RE: MacGillivray - stayinupforever - 11-04-2021

If we give away stupid, needless free kicks all over the pitch then we deserve what we get. Playing alongside Thompson should have taught players that already but no it keeps happening every game.

RE: MacGillivray - Gerry Hatrick - 12-04-2021

I don't blame anyone for the second but the first was unforgivable - throw-in, free shot in penalty area producing a brilliant stop by Mac, flies up, Johnson seems to feebly thigh it and when it drops in the six-yard box, there is still no-one to deliver the welly to clear it.

RE: MacGillivray - The Realist - 12-04-2021

(12-04-2021, 06:43 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: I don't blame anyone for the second but the first was unforgivable - throw-in, free shot in penalty area producing a brilliant stop by Mac, flies up, Johnson seems to feebly thigh it and when it drops in the six-yard box, there is still no-one to deliver the welly to clear it.

A slow moving ball from a throw-in that arrives to their unmarked striker without a Pompey challenge - schoolboy stuff from Pompey defence.

RE: MacGillivray - exterminator - 12-04-2021

MacGillivray should have saved that second goal easily - he is another Dracula- hates crosses and isn't very good at long range shots either.

RE: MacGillivray - dsmg - 03-05-2021

You what?

RE: MacGillivray - Gerry Hatrick - 03-05-2021

Talking of Big Mac's ball distribution abilities, this 'anna' just talks a load of robolox

RE: MacGillivray - 66zoolane - 03-05-2021

Yes, but over the last few hours I've grown to love anna's easy chat and disarming personality

RE: MacGillivray - slayer - 09-05-2021

Has played his last game in a blue shirt for us for sure - he is now out of contract and will have no shortage of offers including from the Championship

RE: MacGillivray - ForeverPompey - 09-05-2021

And good luck to him. Served us well despite the occasional flap.

RE: MacGillivray - Pompey_in_Derby - 09-05-2021

(09-05-2021, 02:21 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Has played his last game in a blue shirt for us for sure - he is now out of contract and will have no shortage of offers including from the Championship

Agree that he's likely to move on.....though cannot ever remember him wearing a blue shirt for us!

RE: MacGillivray - ForeverPompey - 09-05-2021

Maybe a pale blue one.. all pale blue kit?

RE: MacGillivray - slayer - 09-05-2021

Rumour has it he's a target for Rangers as a replacement to Andy Firth.

I bet he would fancy that - the goalkeepers that would be in front of him are 39 and 33 years old respectively, regular chance of european football, name in the window for the national side.

RE: MacGillivray - slayer - 04-06-2021

Surprised his name hasn't been linked with more clubs by this point