TrueBlueArmy Forums
Pompey for sale - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pompey for sale (/showthread.php?tid=486)

Pages: 1 2

Pompey for sale - BigSmokeBlue - 12-04-2021

Michael Eisner recently confirmed that Pompey was not for sale. However, I have it on good authority that he has agreed to sell Pompey to a HNW individual, which will be completed by the seasons end. Anyone else heard the same???

RE: Pompey for sale - Pangus - 12-04-2021

Not heard that one. To give this notification of yours any credence its needs some indication of your source.

RE: Pompey for sale - bluetagagain - 12-04-2021

I have it on good authority that what you mentioned is bollix

RE: Pompey for sale - Cleaver Greene - 12-04-2021

I'm not buying it.

RE: Pompey for sale - DeepBlue - 12-04-2021

(12-04-2021, 10:26 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: Michael Eisner recently confirmed that Pompey was not for sale. However, I have it on good authority that he has agreed to sell Pompey to a HNW individual, which will be completed by the seasons end. Anyone else heard the same???

Name your good authority then. 

Otherwise you are just repeating the false rumour that Eisner went out of his way to refute.

RE: Pompey for sale - Smirnoffexpress - 12-04-2021

If he is there will be a lot of very pissed off people in this city.

RE: Pompey for sale - Cressers - 12-04-2021

Would it be such a bad thing to be sold on? After all the Eisners don't seem to have any kind of plan for the club.

RE: Pompey for sale - exterminator - 12-04-2021

(12-04-2021, 12:59 PM)Cressers Wrote: Would it be such a bad thing to be sold on? After all the Eisners don't seem to have any kind of plan for the club.

Patience Cressage old chap there is a 50 year plan !!

RE: Pompey for sale - Gerry Hatrick - 12-04-2021

(12-04-2021, 02:08 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 12:59 PM)Cressers Wrote: Would it be such a bad thing to be sold on? After all the Eisners don't seem to have any kind of plan for the club.

Patience Cressage old chap there is a 50 year plan !!

Brick by brick......cementing them together is for the future

RE: Pompey for sale - Cressers - 12-04-2021

The universe will be dark, old, cold, and entropically decayed by the time their plan comes together.

RE: Pompey for sale - Pedalo_menders - 12-04-2021

Seems a bit out of character of the Eisners to me. If it’s true it would make ME look like a liar. He doesn’t seem like the sort of person who would want that black mark on his reputation.

What exactly was said to you BigSmoke?

RE: Pompey for sale - Gerry Hatrick - 12-04-2021

(12-04-2021, 05:12 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Seems a bit out of character of the Eisners to me. If it’s true it would make ME look like a liar. He doesn’t seem like the sort of person who would want that black mark on his reputation.

Big smoke without fire

RE: Pompey for sale - BigSmokeBlue - 13-04-2021

(12-04-2021, 06:33 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 05:12 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Seems a bit out of character of the Eisners to me. If it’s true it would make ME look like a liar. He doesn’t seem like the sort of person who would want that black mark on his reputation.

Big smoke without fire

The source came from someone acting alongside the buyers team. So not from within Club.

RE: Pompey for sale - SW4Blue - 13-04-2021

(13-04-2021, 09:43 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 06:33 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote:

Big smoke without fire

The source came from someone acting alongside the buyers team. So not from within Club.

So, my first post on Uncle Col's new forum... hello everyone. 

There are some familiar names here and and some of the same old arguments still going on.

Anyway, I've been waiting for someone to mention this. Last month a mate of mine (who has been around the club for a number of years) told me that Pompey is up for sale. Catlin had been tasked with finding a buyer, and that he had found one. He suggested that the Eisner's asking price was in the $18-20m range. 

However I must emphasise that I don't have first hand knowledge of this situation. So at this stage, this is all still just rumour & speculation, which seems appropriate for TBA.

Cool

BTW, if they do sell up, will we be more likely to need another Plan B at some stage?

RE: Pompey for sale - Smirnoffexpress - 13-04-2021

It wants to be a rumour. They got the club at the price that they did because they were here for the “long term”. They have not invested heavily on the playing side and have not been given any stick because we were told again that were had to live within our means and it was going to be long term. Baling out early and making a huge, short term return on their investment goes against all that has been said and done. Surely this is bullshit.

RE: Pompey for sale - Wightblue - 13-04-2021

There were reports that the Eisners were horrified at the online abuse they received from Pompey fans in the final weeks of Jacketts reign, it was suggested that the Eisners had pulled back on their contact with the fans as a result, just maybe they are somewhat disenchanted with their purchase.

They paid c. $10.3 Million for Pompey, if they do indeed sell for $18-$20 Million it’s a decent enough profit and, as Jacob Rothschild advised owners, nobody ever went wrong taking a decent profit.

I have no idea whether this is just rumour or not but it doesn’t fit well with Catlin’s recent promise that fans should expect some very exciting news but the rumour will certainly get those wishing to invest in Football sniffing around Pompey.

If somebody does buy us, I just hope they don’t have a long term ‘brick- by-brick’ philosophy, I’m in my 82nd year and don’t have that kind of timescale in front of me if I am to see Pompey as a fixture in the top flight again (which is where the were when I started my love affair with Portsmouth FC.)

RE: Pompey for sale - Pedalo_menders - 13-04-2021

The playing side is arguably worse than the one they inherited.

They used the Clarke money to do some work to the ground & buy some houses. However in terms of the alleged $10M they were going to plow in to infrastructure, not a penny of this pot has been put in yet.

So far theyve done nothing beyond the bare minimum to keep us going, which is frustrating to say the least.

However, we can tread water with the stadium as is. It is possible to compete in the championship with 18-20k crowds but bottom half realistically. They really need to pull their finger out and decide what they want to do with the club.

RE: Pompey for sale - teeftwo - 13-04-2021

(13-04-2021, 02:32 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: However, we can tread water with the stadium as is. It is possible to compete in the championship with 18-20k crowds but bottom half realistically. They really need to pull their finger out and decide what they want to do with the club.

Dean Court current capacity - 11,364
Bournemouth FC current position in the Championship - 6th

This rumour has all the credibility of my best friends mate's sister met someone in Aldi whose uncle heard this from a mechanic who was changing his tyres.

RE: Pompey for sale - DeepBlue - 13-04-2021

Pedalo "not a penny of this pot has been put in yet"

Try reading the accounts if you really believe that, but I find it hard to believe anyone could believe it. 

The spending from this pot on the ground has been well documented, how can you possiby have missed it ?

Erm, I would counter your question of 'how I could have missed it' with: how could you possibly think the Eisners have put in external money other than the initial purchase?

The balance sheet doesnt lie. Show me this 10M injection. All the money has come from PFC's operations.

RE: Pompey for sale - Cleaver Greene - 13-04-2021

If this rumour comes to be true then I will be disappointed. If the reason for this is the online abuse, then I will be doubly disappointed.
Some people are just unreasonable, ME never promised to plough millions into Pompey. Never. He always said we should live within our means. I really dont want to go back to the false economics we had with Gaydamak. We nearly lost our club altogether over that. We nearly had a Bury situation. Unthinkable.
I'd like to think that we should not wish for millions to be pumped in, but at least a decent playing squad playing attractive footaball. Unfortunately we did not get that with KJ, as nice a bloke as he was, it was not great was it?
To send abuse to ME, Tornate and Mark Catlin is wrong in my opinion. There are ways and means to get your point across and being vile and abusive is not it.
We do have a wealthy owner who would no doubt get us out of any horrible situation we should find ourselves in, I wager there are plently of clubs out there that would love to have that.
So to the Tornate group, I say this; its a small minority please don't bale on us! (If the rumour is to be belived or true).
PTID PUP.

RE: Pompey for sale - kindofblue - 13-04-2021

Let’s buy it back.

(13-04-2021, 03:47 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Erm, I would counter your question of 'how I could have missed it' with: how could you possibly think the Eisners have put in external money other than the initial purchase?

The balance sheet doesnt lie. Show me this 10M injection. All the money has come from PFC's operations.

Ask Catlin then. 

We know the money spent on keeping the ground open, the new big screen, the extra seating, the refurbishment of the loos, the work this summer on the north stand (well over a miillion) all came fomr the ground pot. And was reported by the club as such as it all happened.  Approx 1m a year since they took over before the North Stand work this summer.  

I sometimes wonder why Catlin bothers communicating with the fans at all, when so many just ignore what he tells them. 

But if you really want to know al the details of how this pot  has been spent so far just send an email to Catlin cos he will tell you.

No, I'd rather look at the accounts thanks.

(13-04-2021, 05:53 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: No, I'd rather look at the accounts thanks.

Do you mean the accounts that show the spending on infrastructure projects year on year. ISTR it was 1.3m in the accounts published last year, this years was 1.9m. It's there in black and white in the published accounts.  And next years will certainly be even more again after the North Stand work. 

They even announced when 5m of the 10m pot had been spent.   Wasting their time with you. 

What will be interesting will be to find out where the monthly money coming in to cover Covid losses is coming from, and more importantly whether that is accruing any debt against the club.