TrueBlueArmy Forums
You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: You can’t really blame the Cowleys (/showthread.php?tid=521)

Pages: 1 2

You can’t really blame the Cowleys - TheSyrup - 20-04-2021

The whole club, from the owners, management structure and playing staff are totally out of their depth.
The owners need an experienced and proven director of football instead of that chancer Catlin.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - ForeverPompey - 20-04-2021

Agreed but the Cowleys have failed miserably to make any difference so I would doubt they will be given money to build a new squad. Caitlin out.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Gerry Hatrick - 20-04-2021

Some of the sound bites are good but the bottom line is that they have failed to motivate the players or find a system that works. There is mitigation in the injuries they have inherited but when they come out with crap like Marquis is the best number nine they have worked with, it doesn't inspire belief.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Wightblue - 20-04-2021

Syrup I agree but The Cowleys must take some of the blame, 5 inept performances in a row and no sign of a temporary fix via Plan B.

I think so. Are they the people to buy 10-15 new players?

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - TheSyrup - 20-04-2021

I don’t think that anyone could get any better out of those useless coonts.
The owners need an experienced operator to choose a manager and the right type of playing staff.
Sick of serious incompetence from the top who should have been more ruthless years ago.
Giving Jackett a contract extension ffs.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Smirnoffexpress - 20-04-2021

Jurgen Klopp couldn’t get much out of the shower of shit that we’ve accumulated. How the fuck did we end up with so many players lacking in what we need?

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - TBP - 20-04-2021

I can't see the Cowley's wanting to stay. Let's hope this experience hasn't scarred them for life.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Smirnoffexpress - 20-04-2021

Scarred them for life? It ain’t doing much for me, I am fucking raging.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Dibdenblue - 20-04-2021

I actually feel sorry for them trying to polish the turd that is our squad. A squad that has been assembled by a footballing dinosaur that had no passion and left the fitness up to the players. Well is it any wonder they all look knackered and off the pace.

We have not had an effective strike force for 2 years now. With only one fit striker of course the Cowleys are going to big up Marquis even though he has been well and truly found out over the last 18 months.

Being realistic we are not going to even make the playoffs now nor do we deserve to. Oxford or Charlton are better footballing sides right and will continue to pick up points. I can’t see where are next win is coming from even though on paper we have by far the easiest run in. I hope I’m wrong but that’s just wishful thinking.

I would give the Cowleys  a 2 year contract now and let’s get started with the re-build.

We are missing the chance to tell them what we feel about the players. Haven’t got the chance to get rid of some anger.

(20-04-2021, 07:42 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Scarred them for life? It ain’t doing much for me, I am fucking raging.

But you're a Pompey fan, you should be used to it. They aren't.

(20-04-2021, 06:41 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: The whole club, from the owners, management structure and playing staff are totally out of their depth.
The owners need an experienced and proven director of football instead of that chancer Catlin.

Even worse, some of us might have been expected to turn up and watch.

(20-04-2021, 07:50 PM)TBP Wrote:
(20-04-2021, 06:41 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: The whole club, from the owners, management structure and playing staff are totally out of their depth.
The owners need an experienced and proven director of football instead of that chancer C

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Cunninglinguist - 20-04-2021

I don’t blame the Cowleys. They have shown that they want to play football, the way we want to see it played.
We have an incomplete squad with a lack of strength in depth. Too many fringe players who really aren’t good enough and some first team players who really would be best as squad players.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - blueinbrum3 - 20-04-2021

As I’ve posted elsewhere you can’t judge the Cowleys on the basis of the performances being delivered by this squad.They’d probably do as well or better picking the team from a bag of turnips!   Seriously, their approach to management is impressive but they need a squad with a modicum of ability to succeed. That requires a clear-out of most of the current squad and the acquisition of some genuine talent and quality.

That’s a big ask before august but here’s hoping.We need some talent scouts before then and to get rid of around 16 players. How many are out of contract?

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Pedalo_menders - 20-04-2021

(20-04-2021, 10:02 PM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: As I’ve posted elsewhere you can’t judge the Cowleys on the basis of the performances being delivered by this squad.They’d probably do as well or better picking the team from a bag of turnips!   Seriously, their approach to management is impressive but they need a squad with a modicum of ability to succeed. That requires a clear-out of most of the current squad and the acquisition of some genuine talent and quality.

Yes agreed. Just take a look at how Cookie is getting on with a similar bunch of bozos. And he’s on a permanent contract!  It’s really really hard to get a group of players so entrenched in playing crap football to stop their bad habits. 

It’s frustrating that after the new manager bounce, the players have reverted back to their usual inept performances. 

I feel sorry for the Cowleys. They are an honest, positive pair but have a bunch of spineless arseholes, used to getting away with murder, to deal with. Somehow they have to try and make them into a team. It’s a big big ask.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Deebo - 21-04-2021

The previous incumbent was given four years and a pile of cash to create this shitfest of incapable footballers. Against the odds the Cowleys get four wins on the bounce before they are let down by senior players they should be able to rely on such as Marquis, Daniels and Harness and then Whatmough decides it's time for another of his nice little holidays... Add to that the sheer incompetence of starting the season with only two recognised "strikers" and an injury prone squad. It'll take a lot longer than a dozen games to sort this mess out so probably a lot more patience needed. It's a wonder anyone decent would want the job.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - BigSmokeBlue - 21-04-2021

I agree with a lot of the comments made thus far. Surely the head of recruitment Phil Boardman and his team of scouts should be sacked? A technical director is most definitely needed. Just look at the squad now and compare that to the squad Jackett inherited 4 years ago, which had only just been promoted from the league 2. Man for man, every player we have now is of a much poorer standard. Only Mac could be argued is better. I don’t see a leader anywhere on the pitch. We have no playmaker albeit Byers is classed as one, but never gets any game time?  

The Jurys still out on the Cowley’s. I fear they may be good coaches, hence their job titles, but are they really man managers? I’m not so sure. How on earth can this current crop of players be top at Christmas and play like relegation fodder a few months later? There’s something very wrong in that dressing and / or inside the club.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Cunninglinguist - 21-04-2021

It should be remembered that this ‘sh1tfest of incapable players’ managed to record a club record consecutive number of wins.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Deebo - 21-04-2021

Try looking at the table and see where that club record has got us. If you are happy with the quality of our players you either don't watch the games or are clueless about what it takes to be a Pompey player. Or maybe it's both?

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Trarchus - 21-04-2021

I'm in the camp of not blaming the Cowleys although a couple of team decisions and subs have been head scratching.
I think they should be given a chance to build their team 
Not sure what they has against Cannon and why he thinks Byers and White are better either, both need sending back.

Is Cannon injured he clearly is for me capable of being our best midfielder at the moment?

Our inability to recruit a decent midfield for the third season is down to one person along with recruiting this season two very average defenders who are not good enough and been mostly poor.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - ForeverPompey - 21-04-2021

Cannon has a back injury apparently. It’s staggering to think back to pre Christmas when this rabble beat all the top teams on the bounce without conceding a goal. I would ditch the lot of them now if it were possible (accepting McG will leave anyway). I still think Curtis has prospects but it won’t be at Fratton, he needs a new start somewhere. As said above, a squad of 20+ players with only 2 strikers was incompetence particularly as one can’t hit a barn door and the other never has been able to.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Jizbag - 21-04-2021

The blame lies with the owners for not having a Scooby about football, Catlin for not insisting Jackett is dismissed and also for letting good players slip through our fingers (Smodics for one) Jackett for assembling the poorest squad of players I've had the misfortune to witness in many a year, and finally the players for being collective bottle jobs.

Get rid of as many as possible and start afresh. We need a football man as technical director, Catlin doesn't have a clue. As for the manager I'd be temped to offer the Cowleys as 2 year deal but after last night I'm not sure.