TrueBlueArmy Forums
You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: You can’t really blame the Cowleys (/showthread.php?tid=521)

Pages: 1 2

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - kindofblue - 21-04-2021

Pompey might need to take a leaf out of the Brentford playbook. Smallish club who have consistently over performed the last five years or so using scientific methods, astute recruitment and good management. Now challenging for promotion to the Plasticprem, and they’ve built a new ground. Can’t help feeling Pompey are a bit amateurish and more than a bit incompetent and that ultimately comes down to the owners and the CEO

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - TheSyrup - 21-04-2021

Possible post of the year Jizz

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Wightblue - 21-04-2021

Nailed it KoB !

Astute recruitment and good management......I think Eisner and Catlin have heard about that (or maybe read about it somewhere) but have yet to try and practice it at Pompey.

Eisner is one of the many foreign owners infecting the English game described by David Bernstein yesterday as knowing everything about money but nothing about football. Eisner clearly is a money maker when he is playing at home and knows his subject especially Disney.....but he still knows bugger all about football but owns our club.

The stark realism is that to him, Portsmouth FC are an investment on which he intends to make a satisfactory return: To us they are Pompey, the club we love and support through good times and bad.

Eisner and The Pompey Fans have little in common

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Smirnoffexpress - 21-04-2021

Get Martin Allen or Paolo Decanio in, they are exactly the sort of deranged coonts our dressing room needs.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Cunninglinguist - 21-04-2021

(20-04-2021, 09:26 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I don’t blame the Cowleys. They have shown that they want to play football, the way we want to see it played.
We have an incomplete squad with a lack of strength in depth. Too many fringe players who really aren’t good enough and some first team players who really would be best as squad players.

(21-04-2021, 07:02 AM)Deebo Wrote: Try looking at the table and see where that club record has got us. If you are happy with the quality of our players you either don't watch the games or are clueless about what it takes to be a Pompey player. Or maybe it's both?

Well well, Dribble, if you tried reading previous posts on the same page (quoted above so as you don’t have to put too much effort into finding it), you might have responded differently!

I wasn’t actually disagreeing with you and your sensitive little spat was therefore unnecessary (not the only one, I note).

The point I was making was that in spite of the extremely poor fare we have suffered, this season, we have also had the strange pleasure of seeing history made. When records like that are broken, it usually occurs when a team is head and shoulders above the rest in the league. Without that amazing piece of history, we would be firmly stuck in mid table or, even worse, looking over our shoulders.

So wind yer neck in and next time I promise to send pictures of puppies or kittens and I’ll press the ‘like’ button, when I quote you, so you don’t have any doubts that people still like you.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Jizbag - 21-04-2021

There's a like button??

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - ForeverPompey - 21-04-2021

We talk about poor runs of form derailing our season but I'm wondering if the run before Xmas was an out-of-character sequence of successes that prevented us being in trouble at the wrong end of the table. That 8 games plus four wins for Cowleys are pretty much all we have to show for the season it seems.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Deebo - 21-04-2021

(21-04-2021, 11:37 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: So wind yer neck in and next time I promise to send pictures of puppies or kittens and I’ll press the ‘like’ button, when I quote you, so you don’t have any doubts that people still like you.

How apt the board's most selective and attention-seeking årse licker knows there's a like button.

And thanks for the rambling explanation and the pet pictures. It makes zero sense like most of the garbage you post but thanks anyway.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Tomsk - 21-04-2021

(21-04-2021, 01:06 PM)Jizbag Wrote: There's a like button??

Apparently!
First one to find it wins a picture of a kitten  Heart

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Cunninglinguist - 21-04-2021

Ooh, I see a new toy.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - oi oi saveloy - 21-04-2021

(21-04-2021, 11:09 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Get Martin Allen or Paolo Decanio in, they are exactly the sort of deranged coonts our dressing room needs.

Oh yea I like that idea

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Smirnoffexpress - 21-04-2021

Savs, I was working on the premis that if we have players that seem unable to respond to kind words and cuddles. Then offer them the alternative of risking getting their windpipes ripped out if they don’t respond. If the carrot approach don’t work then the stick is all that’s left!

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - oi oi saveloy - 22-04-2021

(21-04-2021, 06:45 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Savs, I was working on the premis that if we have players that seem unable to respond to kind words and cuddles. Then offer them the alternative of risking getting their windpipes ripped out if they don’t respond. If the carrot approach don’t work then the stick is all that’s left!

I wasn’t being sarcastic mush I really do like the idea of someone like those two giving this bunch of useless coonts a good toeing.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Wightblue - 22-04-2021

The Pompey method seems to be ‘Beat them with carrots, feed them with sticks’.

What a shame it’s not that lot up the road going through this garbage, I would laugh and laugh and laugh.....but it’s not so I’m trying not to cry !

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Tomsk - 22-04-2021

(22-04-2021, 10:40 AM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: I wasn’t being sarcastic mush I really do like the idea of someone like those two giving this bunch of useless coonts a good toeing.

I thought that was Nicky Cowley's role

Somehow I don’t think the cowleys way of doing things would be anywhere near as effective as Martin Allen or Paola decanio’s.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Deebo - 22-04-2021

Get Cuntylinguist in his drag outfit with his fluffy kittens and puppies. Now that would scare the shit out of them.

(22-04-2021, 03:05 PM)Deebo Wrote: Get Cuntylinguist in his drag outfit with his fluffy kittens and puppies. Now that would scare the shit out of them.

You didn’t mention pink fluffy bunnies I’m offended.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Deebo - 22-04-2021

According to his post he only does kitten and puppy pics. Bit weird if you ask me but I’m saying nothing - he gets a bit touchy about it.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Smirnoffexpress - 22-04-2021

Nothing wrong with fluffy kittens and puppies. Stick them in a microwave for five minutes and serve with rice.

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - Pedalo_menders - 22-04-2021

The skill is knowing when to use each tool. Some individuals respond better to one more than the other but you cant have 'favourites' either.

If players are fit, and have been given specific instructions - and dont follow them repeatedly, thats valid criteria to be locked in a lift with mad-dog for a motivational speech.

The players need to be told that the manager cant shoulder the blame for them anymore. There are no excuses now. Talk about managers losing the changing room, well the players have lost the fans. Good luck coming back from that...

RE: You can’t really blame the Cowleys - 66zoolane - 22-04-2021

(22-04-2021, 07:29 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: The skill is knowing when to use each tool.

Spot on. We've been using 11 at a time.