TrueBlueArmy Forums
Cowley post Swindon interview - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cowley post Swindon interview (/showthread.php?tid=526)

Cowley post Swindon interview - Wightblue - 20-04-2021

Danny sounded bewildered, depressed and pretty much broken by the game - well now he knows how we all feel !

I don’t think he could explain to himself how the calamitous Pompey performance came about let alone explain it to the interviewer. He was of course somewhat hamstrung by the convention of never blaming players directly let alone by name otherwise he could have summed it up succinctly “ it’s a shite squad who don’t turn up- end of”

Didn’t speak like a man who expects to be offered a long term contract, more like one who wishes he were somewhere else.

Perhaps I have misjudged it, it’s on the website and YouTube so see for yourself. 

PS At least the last three games the players haven’t been in our Blue shirts, for that we should be grateful.

RE: Cowley post Swindon interview - ForeverPompey - 20-04-2021

I imagine he can’t quite believe how bad our team is. Agreed about shirts. They haven’t yet shamed the blue. There’s always Saturday.

RE: Cowley post Swindon interview - slayer - 22-04-2021

The players lack the technical quality to play out from the back. The only way most of them aren't fooked at Pompey is to stay in League 1 with someone else as manager.

Go up - get replaced.
Cowley stays - get replaced.

RE: Cowley post Swindon interview - blueinbrum3 - 23-04-2021

The frustrating thing is that I think the Cowleys would be a good fit for Pompey going forward. Problem is how do they prove themselves working with the current squad which offers very little and appears to be well past its ‘best by’ date. A major clear out is needed both for Pompey and the players concerned.

RE: Cowley post Swindon interview - Rick Pumpkin - 23-04-2021

(23-04-2021, 08:57 AM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: The frustrating thing is that I think the Cowleys would be a good fit for Pompey going forward. Problem is how do they prove themselves working with the current squad which offers very little and appears to be well past its ‘best by’ date. A major clear out is needed both for Pompey and the players concerned.

I couldn't agree more.  The worry I have is that our football-free management board at the club will equate crap performances and results with the temporary management duo and make a decision against that.

Given a couple of seasons I think the Cowleys would get us promoted and do hope they're given the time and control they'd need to do that.

RE: Cowley post Swindon interview - DeepBlue - 23-04-2021

This football-free management crap annoys me. 

Salford apart, name any club in the country whose management board contains people who are not 'football-free' 

Experience of running a club is what should count, not experience of running around on a pitch. Catlin has plenty of that, more than most - you may not agree with everything he does but don't try to blame it on him not being an ex-player.