TrueBlueArmy Forums
Time for fresh energy - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Time for fresh energy (/showthread.php?tid=529)

Time for fresh energy - stayinupforever - 21-04-2021

Start Byers, Stanley, Minoga,Hiwula. Drop Harness,Marquis,Daniels and Curtis.

RE: Time for fresh energy - DeepBlue - 21-04-2021

(21-04-2021, 07:05 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: Start Byers, Stanley, Minoga,Hiwula. Drop Harness,Marquis,Daniels and Curtis.

Mnoga & Hiwula are out injured. 

And Curtis was the only decent player last night. 

I'd agree with giving Byers a start though.

RE: Time for fresh energy - ForeverPompey - 21-04-2021

I agree Curtis was decent and busted a gut to make something happen last night. I would ask what the point is of having Stanley on the bench if he has no intention of bringing him on no matter what the game situation? Surely no harm in giving him 20 minutes with the message ‘give it a go.’

RE: Time for fresh energy - Wightblue - 21-04-2021

Think the treatment of Stanley has overtones of Jackett !

Why not give him 10-15 minutes alongside Marquis and see if something happens.

Clutching at straws ? Of course but there’s not much else to cling too is there !

Quick somebody, trott out the old excuse ‘ Jackett (oh sorry- Cowley) sees them in training so he is the best judge.

Makes it difficult to ring Alfie on when Marquis,Harness, Williams and Curtis are so prolific in front of goal ?

RE: Time for fresh energy - Jezzer - 21-04-2021

When qualifying for the playoffs becomes mathematically impossible or extremely unlikely ( not long to wait given current form) i would like to think the Cowleys will give him some game time.

RE: Time for fresh energy - Hammie - 21-04-2021

and i would drop naylor. Not because of anything he has or has not done but watching him running last night he is completely knackered and needs a rest.

RE: Time for fresh energy - Pedalo_menders - 21-04-2021

Mac G
Johnson Nicolaissen Raggett Bolton
Harness Close Byers Curtis
Williams Marquis

44fooking2

We are so desperate, I’d put Bolton at LB. Marquis needs to be told he’s got 45 mins to save his season, and dropped at HT if he continues not to perform.

Rags and Rasmus partnership sends shivers down my spine but I’m not getting Downing on the pitch ffs! (Great signing Kenny).

Byers should have some energy in the tank. I dont know how good he is at tackling so will need some help possibly with Curtis covering? Use Close to retain the ball.

Williams did ok when he played further forward with Marquis previously. Harness in a traditional right wing role. Simple.

A very patchwork team that but think it’s the strongest we can do right now.

RE: Time for fresh energy - Jizbag - 21-04-2021

If anything I'd play Harness up front, he does tend to score when he gets a chance.

RE: Time for fresh energy - DeepBlue - 21-04-2021

(21-04-2021, 04:44 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Mac G
Johnson Nicolaissen Raggett Bolton
Harness Close Byers Curtis
Williams Marquis

44fooking2

We are so desperate, I’d put Bolton at LB. Marquis needs to be told he’s got 45 mins to save his season, and dropped at HT if he continues not to perform.

Rags and Rasmus partnership sends shivers down my spine but I’m not getting Downing on the pitch ffs! (Great signing Kenny).

Byers should have some energy in the tank. I dont know how good he is at tackling so will need some help possibly with Curtis covering? Use Close to retain the ball.

Williams did ok when he played further forward with Marquis previously. Harness in a traditional right wing role. Simple.

A very patchwork team that but think it’s the strongest we can do right now.

Williams didn't do much playing up front with Marquis last night, indeed David Connolly (who I thought was quite good as a pundit) commented on how poorly the two played as a pair. Curtis looked a much better partner for Marquis when he moved inside after the substitutions. 

And if you play Byers you have to have Naylor behind him IMO because  Byers doesn't defend, and Close tackling is not good enough to play that role on his own.

RE: Time for fresh energy - Pedalo_menders - 21-04-2021

What would your team be Deep? I know that team is shit, that’s the point lol, what are the alternatives?

Thinking about it, I’d possibly put Rasmus at LB and Bolton at CB.

RE: Time for fresh energy - Gerry Hatrick - 22-04-2021

Cowley has explained that he won't play Stanley because he's not ready for the first team. He is worried that it may adversely affect his development. Yet the lad HAS played for the first team in the Papa Johns. Is the confidence of our youngsters so fragile that a bad performance will cause irreparable psychological damage? I don't think so. Conversely, a good performance - even on a losing side - could boost his development. Take off the cotton wool and throw him on Danny. He may surprise you.

RE: Time for fresh energy - BabaOReally - 22-04-2021

I'd make them all snort a line before the game Saturday. Even if it's only for the comic value of seeing 5 or 6 of them crowded together on the touchline, manically arguing who should take a throw in.

RE: Time for fresh energy - DeepBlue - 22-04-2021

(21-04-2021, 11:31 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: What would your team be Deep? I know that team is shit, that’s the point lol, what are the alternatives?

Thinking about it, I’d possibly put Rasmus at LB and Bolton at CB.

My team would be

McG
Johnson Raggett Nicolaisen Brown
Naylor  Close
Harness Byers Curtis 
Marquis  

If Brown not fit then I'd switch Johnson to left back with Bolton at right back on the grounds that Johnson is a more intelligent player and might be able to adapt.

Bring on Cannon & Williams and maybe White for extra energy late in the game.

RE: Time for fresh energy - Rick Pumpkin - 22-04-2021

(22-04-2021, 05:50 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Take off the cotton wool and throw him on Danny. He may surprise you.

I'd say that while supporters are locked out of grounds now would be the perfect time to give Stanley a run in the side.  I mean let's face it, we aren't the best in the world at supporting our kids in the first team are we?  Just in recent years Dan Butler, Adam May, Adam Webster, Ben Close and Alex Bass have been slagged off beyond what's fair, in the ground and online, and even Jed Wallace got it at times.  At least letting Stanley have a run out now would protect him from that kind of 'support'.

RE: Time for fresh energy - ForeverPompey - 22-04-2021

I see 2 of our youngsters we released are having trials at West Ham. No guarantee they will get a contract but with our track record they will probably be playing for England within 2 years!