TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team Today (actual) - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team Today (actual) (/showthread.php?tid=554)

Pages: 1 2

Team Today (actual) - Who_Am_I? - 01-05-2021

MacGillivray

Johnson, Downing, Raggett, Brown
Naylor, Close
Harness, Williams, Curtis
Marquis

Subs: Ward, Nicolaisen, Bolton, Cannon, White, Daniels, Byers,

RE: Team Today (actual) - Who_Am_I? - 01-05-2021

...... hopefully we win and don't have to see this crappy orange away kit ever again!

RE: Team Today (actual) - dsmg - 01-05-2021

I feel Byers should be starting

RE: Team Today (actual) - Who_Am_I? - 01-05-2021

Bring him on, if we have managed to weather early Wimbledon storm?

RE: Team Today (actual) - Hammie - 01-05-2021

interesting that downing is getting a look in now. wonder what he did to upset kenny?

harness and marquis did ok there, and another good finish by Curtis

RE: Team Today (actual) - Rocketman - 01-05-2021

Wow. Brown 2 goals in 2 mins. Is he the new Marquis ;-)

RE: Team Today (actual) - Pangus - 01-05-2021

3-1 up at HT, two astonishing goals from Lee Brown in the last minute of the half, both from overlaps he's made and where he's cut in and slammed it home twice into the top corner. Harness and Williams are outstanding, pace, passing, movement from them both. This is a decent looking Wimbleldon side who looked menacing early on. Also Downing has been a revelation, why has he been overlooked for so long.

RE: Team Today (actual) - Jizbag - 01-05-2021

I just went mental when Brown scored the 3rd!!

Our defence looks as dodgy as fuck though.

RE: Team Today (actual) - Gerry Hatrick - 01-05-2021

(01-05-2021, 02:52 PM)Rocketman Wrote: Wow. Brown 2 goals in 2 mins. Is he the new Marquis ;-)

As it stands......

Lincoln, 2-0 up against Peterboro, can still get automatic promo but need to beat Charlton on Tuesday.
If they do, we're in the p-offs.

RE: Team Today (actual) - Rick Pumpkin - 01-05-2021

There's no end product from Williams though is there? I forgot he was playing until that one breakaway midway through the half. But agree with you about Downing - with Raggett having a mare it's lucky he's got Downing clearing up his mistakes.

How Wimbledon's goal stood I have no idea and amazed Piggott is still on the pitch for them.

Downing really highlights the issue with Kenny blacklisting individual players. It would be nice one day to know just what the likes of Downing and Pitman did to get themselves left out for months or years.

(01-05-2021, 03:06 PM)Hammie Wrote: Downing really highlights the issue with Kenny blacklisting individual players. It would be nice one day to know just what the likes of Downing and Pitman did to get themselves left out for months or years.

No mystery. He was absolutely pants!

had a good CV and we signed him on a three year contract. Should have done something to improve him or sell him. Looks far from our worst centre back today.

RE: Team Today (actual) - Pangus - 01-05-2021

Have to say that Downing was superb today, didn't put a foot or head wrong, and his passing was spot on enabling us to keep possession importantly. Raggett was shaky to start with but Downing seemed to compensate. 
It was great today, apart from scoring three good goals, to see us retain possession so extremely well. This was a composed and confident performance miles away from recent scrappy and uncoordinated games. If we carry this form into next week against Accrington then we must have a good chance.

RE: Team Today (actual) - Jizbag - 01-05-2021

Great win after going behind. Can't believe how wasteful Marquis is though.

(01-05-2021, 04:09 PM)Jizbag Wrote: Great win after going behind. Can't believe how wasteful Marquis is though.

Needs some coaching from Lee Brown.
Hiwula back next week.....or is Cowley going to stick with "the best number nine I've ever worked with" ?

RE: Team Today (actual) - mikey393 - 01-05-2021

(01-05-2021, 03:06 PM)Hammie Wrote: Downing really highlights the issue with Kenny blacklisting individual players. It would be nice one day to know just what the likes of Downing and Pitman did to get themselves left out for months or years.

Kenny's Man Management was Non-existent. Pitman, Evans, Naylor, Downing the list goes on.

Feedback from the players is vital to the team moving forwards.

The Cowleys I think you'll find encourage it Unlike KJ who stamped down on it.

RE: Team Today (actual) - TBP - 01-05-2021

If the Cowleys can get Downing performing to his full potential, I guess I want them to stay.

RE: Team Today (actual) - Smirnoffexpress - 01-05-2021

Good performance and a great result. I am amazed that we are still in the mix after some of our recent performances but we are!

after some of our recent performances
the joy of watching lower league teams and players ?

RE: Team Today (actual) - ForeverPompey - 01-05-2021

McG 7 but needs to claim more crosses.
Johnson 7 solid
Brown 9 match winning effort
Raggett 5 dreadful
Downing 7 but no surprise there was no communication between him and raggett
Naylor 6 terrible first hour but improved
Close 7 grew into the game and commanded last half hour
Curtis 7 plenty of energy
Harness 8 best game for ages
Williams 7 fully committed lacks end product
Marquis 6 ran around but produced nothing in front of goal despite clear chances.
Plenty will disagree with me I’m sure but that’s how I saw it. Can we beat Accy?

RE: Team Today (actual) - Wightblue - 01-05-2021

8Forever - generally agree with those ratings, just as well Brown was on the money today otherwise the glaring opportunities missed by Marquis might have been the main talking point this evening.

I thought we were pretty dire for the first twenty minutes or so but then grew into the game and Brown’s two goals at the end of the first half allowed us the luxury of knocking the ball around in the second half for long spells

I can’t help but feel that if Piggot had been in our number 9 shirt instead of Wimbledon’s, we would have been home and hosed far earlier, The Wombles will have to fend off plenty of interest in him during the summer I imagine.

The only downer in the afternoon for me was the late win for Oxford and draw for Charlton, at one time we seemed to be over the play-off line but now we have to beat Accy (who I hope will have their holidays in mind from the kick- off), there are no certainties with this Pompey side.

RE: Team Today (actual) - DeepBlue - 01-05-2021

(01-05-2021, 06:08 PM)Wightblue Wrote: 8Forever - generally agree with those ratings, just as well Brown was on the money today otherwise the glaring opportunities missed by Marquis might have been the main talking point this evening.

I thought we were pretty dire for the first twenty minutes or so but then grew into the game and Brown’s two goals at the end of the first half allowed us the luxury of knocking the ball around in the second half for long spells

I can’t help but feel that if Piggot had been in our number 9 shirt instead of Wimbledon’s, we would have been home and hosed far earlier, The Wombles will have to fend off plenty of interest in him during the summer I imagine.

The only downer in the afternoon for me was the late win for Oxford and draw for Charlton, at one time we seemed to be over the play-off line but now we have to beat Accy (who I hope will have their holidays in mind from the kick- off), there are no certainties with this Pompey side.

I wonder how much they are asking for Pigott ?  

Commentary said Watford were interested but maybe they'll drop that interest now they have been promoted.

RE: Team Today (actual) - mikey393 - 01-05-2021

What ever it is I'm sure we can afford it.

After all we have a Billionaire owner!