TrueBlueArmy Forums
Accrington game - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Accrington game (/showthread.php?tid=557)

Accrington game - stayinupforever - 02-05-2021

Live on Sky.

RE: Accrington game - Wightblue - 02-05-2021

Pity, I quite like Andy Moon and Guy Whittingham on iFollow, a bit more of a local flavour, I don’t have Sky so it will be £9.99 for NowTV instead of £10 for iFollow.

Which works out best financially for Pompey, Sky or iFollow ?

What’s our track record like on Sky, bit of a death knell as I remember it (but, as my wife has to remind me who I am first thing in the morning, maybe my memory deceives me) !

RE: Accrington game - DeepBlue - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 10:05 AM)Wightblue Wrote: Pity, I quite like Andy Moon and Guy Whittingham on iFollow, a bit more of a local flavour, I don’t have Sky so it will be £9.99 for NowTV instead of £10 for iFollow.

Which works out best financially for Pompey, Sky or iFollow ?

What’s our track record like on Sky, bit of a death knell as I remember it (but, as my wife has to remind me who I am first thing in the morning, maybe my memory deceives me) !

I agree, I think Moon & Whittingham are brilliant.  

Whittingham is a very interesting pundit and very astute football brain, and I hadn't realised how good Andy Moon's radio commentary was until I saw the pictures to go alongside it and on I-follow I never feel I'm listening to radio commentary rather than TV commentary. 

And the banter between them is pretty good too.

RE: Accrington game - briefcase_wanchor - 02-05-2021

Commentary on iFollow is better but the one camera they use - good grief. It's like watching the Big Match in the 70's.

RE: Accrington game - BilltheCat - 02-05-2021

If it's on Sky then it will almost certainly be on hesgoal.com.

Not ideal and the quality is pretty poor but.....it's free!

RE: Accrington game - Deebo - 02-05-2021

I have problems next Sunday as I refuse to subscribe to MurdochVision. We have had our differences in the past so it will be Radio Whitts for me. Moon gets on my tits. Never stops banging on about how cold he is. Wimp. :-)

(02-05-2021, 02:45 PM)Deebo Wrote: I have problems next Sunday as I refuse to subscribe to MurdochVision. We have had our differences in the past so it will be Radio Whitts for me. Moon gets on my tits. Never stops banging on about how cold he is. Wimp. :-)

I always refused to buy anything from Sky too, but since Murdoch sold up in 2018 I've relented enough to allow myself the odd NOW TV game.

RE: Accrington game - Deebo - 02-05-2021

Good advice Deep. Thanks for that and I'll do the same if my basic techno skills allow.

RE: Accrington game - dsmg - 02-05-2021

Moon may complain about the cold but it's Whitts who always has a blanket with him!

RE: Accrington game - ForeverPompey - 02-05-2021

Fuming here. watched more games than is good for me through this turgid season and now can't watch the last one unless I subscribe to sky's rip-off costs. Cheers Pompey for nothing.

(02-05-2021, 06:42 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Fuming here. watched more games than is good for me through this turgid season and now can't watch the last one unless I subscribe to sky's rip-off costs. Cheers Pompey for nothing.

Surely £9.99 is less than £10 ???

RE: Accrington game - Tufnell_Chimes - 02-05-2021

1p less for multiple cameras seems like a bargain, no? Huh

Well I know little about sky but last time it had to be a month’s subscription to that shower. that would have cost around £30. That’s a hell of a lot more than £10. Unless you know different I assume I have to buy another month of rubbish for possibly the one game??

RE: Accrington game - briefcase_wanchor - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 07:05 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Well I know little about sky but last time it had to be a month’s subscription to that shower. that would have cost around £30. That’s a hell of a lot more than £10. Unless you know different I assume I have to buy another month of rubbish for possibly the one game??

Fingers crossed you get 3 play off games too, plus some Frankie Vaughan!

RE: Accrington game - mikey393 - 02-05-2021

I hope Caroline Barker isn't the presenter! Kelly Sommers or Laurie Woods would be better.

(02-05-2021, 07:22 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 07:05 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Well I know little about sky but last time it had to be a month’s subscription to that shower. that would have cost around £30. That’s a hell of a lot more than £10. Unless you know different I assume I have to buy another month of rubbish for possibly the one game??

Fingers crossed you get 3 play off games too, plus some Frankie Vaughan!

Yes indeed. That would be good.... the play off games too

RE: Accrington game - Hammie - 02-05-2021

I'm also hacked off having made the choice to support pompey vie iplayer.
I will not be surprised to see the clubs ditch the big broadcasters and retain their own rights via an iplayer type platform, maybe improved.. Sky and the rest have far less leverage now and might see them selves out of a job! Shame.

RE: Accrington game - DeepBlue - 03-05-2021

Forever, you can always buy a one day pass from NOW TV (who I think are owned by Sky) rather than subscribe to Sky itself.

RE: Accrington game - Deebo - 03-05-2021

Yes. Just remembered before I started IFollow I got a Now account. Thanks for the reminder.

RE: Accrington game - ForeverPompey - 03-05-2021

(03-05-2021, 10:41 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Forever, you can always buy a one day pass from NOW TV (who I think are owned by Sky) rather than subscribe to Sky itself.

Ahhh  interesting.. thanks for the info, I'll look into it!!

RE: Accrington game - oi oi saveloy - 04-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 05:48 PM)dsmg Wrote: Moon may complain about the cold but it's Whitts who always has a blanket with him!

If anyone can relate to using a blanket at football matches it’s dsmg and his scaffold shoes.

RE: Accrington game - Jizbag - 04-05-2021

Can't you just buy a Now TV pass?

Edit: Ah already covered!

RE: Accrington game - dsmg - 05-05-2021

Ho ho ho Butchy