TrueBlueArmy Forums
Adam May - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Adam May (/showthread.php?tid=572)

Adam May - TBP - 06-05-2021

Coming good now that he is away from the boo boys at F.P.  If Pompey are in League 1 next season, they will be up against him. Like Ben Close, he looked a decent young player on the way up, but he was never given a chance. Ben Close was lucky not to be brought down too.

RE: Adam May - DeepBlue - 06-05-2021

(06-05-2021, 01:22 PM)TBP Wrote: Coming good now that he is away from the boo boys at F.P.  If Pompey are in League 1 next season, they will be up against him. Like Ben Close, he looked a decent young player on the way up, but he was never given a chance. Ben Close was lucky not to be brought down too.

I always rated his potential, but he wasted too many of his opportunites in the first team with average or poor performances and failed to make a case for more regular inclusion.   Getting away to get more game time was essential for his career, pleased to see him doing well.

RE: Adam May - exgaffer - 06-05-2021

(06-05-2021, 01:22 PM)TBP Wrote: Coming good now that he is away from the boo boys at F.P.  If Pompey are in League 1 next season, they will be up against him. Like Ben Close, he looked a decent young player on the way up, but he was never given a chance. Ben Close was lucky not to be brought down too.

Adam May is league two at best.

I’m glad he’s going well at Cambridge but he would never have made it here imo.

RE: Adam May - BilltheCat - 06-05-2021

I can't recall anybody booing Adam May and I saw him play quite a few times.

RE: Adam May - Hammie - 06-05-2021

not sure we really have any idea how good he could be, we hardly saw him play. Mind you, he would probably fit far better into a passing team than one hoofing it over his head.

RE: Adam May - mikey393 - 06-05-2021

He is a decent player & if you remember he went out on loan to Sutton & he played against Arsenal in the F.A. Cup & had a decent game.

RE: Adam May - bluetagagain - 07-05-2021

I watched them several times in the ‘reserves/U21’s’ as well as the seniors and always thought May was better than Close. However, I do agree he didn’t make the most of his chances when given a first team slot

RE: Adam May - slayer - 07-05-2021

He's a scummer and his eyes are too close together to be normal

RE: Adam May - Pedalo_menders - 08-05-2021

He wasn’t good enough at the time (and too similar a player to Close), and we don’t have a U23’s development squad. We are always going to haemorrhage players with the current structure.

If you have a bare minimum of 11 U23’s, and pay them 50k a year, + a coach, that’s £600,000 a year straight off the bat. A drop in the ocean if you’re worth £2,000,000,000 but they don’t wanna take that chance and obviously don’t think it’s possible to develop 11 players that would be worth that every year. They’d rather spunk that type of money on Harrison lol

RE: Adam May - SouthseaBubble - 08-05-2021

No, Bill, I don't think he was booed. I don't think he did that much wrong. But he never seemed to me do enough that was positive to make an impression and warrant a consistent and extended run. Even as a young player, you surely have to try to have an influence on the game, and I'm not sure he did that, or at least not often enough. Glad he seems to be doing well at Cambridge - certainly he doesn't justify the rather nasty comments above,if anyone does.

RE: Adam May - Hammie - 08-05-2021

sounds about right to me SB

RE: Adam May - ForeverPompey - 09-05-2021

I never thought May had any quality, so he’d fit right in our current team!