TrueBlueArmy Forums
Not fit to wear the shirt ! - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Not fit to wear the shirt ! (/showthread.php?tid=585)

Not fit to wear the shirt ! - Wightblue - 09-05-2021

A lacklustre, spine-less performance in such a big game.

Fitting to take the shirts off them before they leave the pitch.

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - Rick Pumpkin - 09-05-2021

(09-05-2021, 12:57 PM)Wightblue Wrote: A lacklustre, spine-less performance in such a big game.

it's been a horrible season and so pleased it's now over.  I'd not be upset if every one of those out of contract walked out the door and the remainder who think they're too good to be at FP agitated for moves.

If it took next season to blend together a squad and the following to actually go for broke and promotion I'd be happy - anything else but this!

And as for Jackett telling viewers there's an attacking problem with the team...

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - ForeverPompey - 09-05-2021

He should be ashamed of himself. Most of the players can go. I give Curtis credit for showing desire but that’s about it today. Harness Marquis Williams Daniels... garbage. It has indeed been a horrible season and it ended on an appropriately awful note.

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - mikey393 - 09-05-2021

Well that his fault. Only 3 strikers, one permanently injured, one just back from injury & Not fit & the other a lot of running about but No end product. Give the Cowleys with some cash to recruit during the Summer & let's start again. BTW we should have gone up last season but due to KJ refusing to play Pitman, edging Evans on the sidelines then refusing to play Naylor in the playoffs we didn't make it when automatic promotion should have been gained. Today, we just didn't want it enough against a hard working Accrington team. Their Keeper was M.O.M. by a mile.

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - bluetagagain - 09-05-2021

IMO Pitman and Evans would've made no difference whatsoever, they’re both past it and L1 standard anymore. The problem was the board’s insistence on keeping Jackett in charge this season. It’s the board to blame.

Serious question. People talk about Caitlin but I honestly don’t know what his job is. Can blame be put at his door or not?

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - TBP - 09-05-2021

(09-05-2021, 01:16 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Serious question. People talk about Caitlin but I honestly don’t know what his job is. Can blame be put at his door or not?

He sits in his office feeling important.

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - slayer - 09-05-2021

He's a yes man that's taking the shilling and should have resigned when he pointed out to Tornante that the council and rail firm won't help Pompey expand the ground and was told to shut up because Michael is an old romantic who believes in fairytales and miracles

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - Wightblue - 09-05-2021

What else would a former CEO of Disney believe in ?

Clearly, not interested in getting a CEO, Manager, Recruitment scouts and backroom staff capable of building a promotion side playing attractive football.

Today’s failure will likely have saved him a lot of money, promotion to The Championship would have forced him to put his very short arms into his very deep pockets....he would have been extremely uncomfortable with doing that.

I am convinced that Tornante's view is that, given enough time, we will get promoted for nothing, and when that day comes, they can sell us for 10x what they paid

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - Pedalo_menders - 09-05-2021

I couldn’t care less if every single player who played today never wore a Pompey shirt again. Unforgivable performance today. And there have been plenty of those this season.

I hope someone out there is daft enough to offer us £250k for Marquis

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - kindofblue - 09-05-2021

(09-05-2021, 03:28 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: I couldn’t care less if every single player who played today never wore a Pompey shirt again. Unforgivable performance today. And there have been plenty of those this season.

Magilivray and Curtis have to be exempted but the rest wouldn’t be missed. Where was the passion and fight. I thought Accrington were excellent - well organised and actually wanted it more.

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - Jizbag - 09-05-2021

(09-05-2021, 03:17 PM)scumslayer Wrote: I am convinced that Tornante's view is that, given enough time, we will get promoted for nothing, and when that day comes, they can sell us for 10x what they paid

Me too.

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - stayinupforever - 09-05-2021

I think there is a belief by some elements at Pompey (players,coaches etc) that we have a God given right to be promoted and that other teams will just let us.
Being favourites for promotion every year does t help either.

That will surely change next season. Ipswich Sheff Wed plus whoever is left out of Sunderland, Blackpool and Oxford will be ahead of us, plus Charlton. Maybe even Bolton, Rotherham, Wycombe.

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 09-05-2021

(09-05-2021, 12:57 PM)Wightblue Wrote: A lacklustre, spine-less performance in such a big game.

The players are a disgrace and the PE teachers need to go

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 09-05-2021

(09-05-2021, 03:52 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:

The players are a disgrace and the PE teachers need to go

So angry right now

Me too. Just read Eric Eisner's tweet pre match about 'we will fight and fight right to the end'... hmmm .. apparently not.

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - blueinbrum3 - 09-05-2021

(09-05-2021, 03:33 PM)kindofblue Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 03:28 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: I couldn’t care less if every single player who played today never wore a Pompey shirt again. Unforgivable performance today. And there have been plenty of those this season.

Magilivray and Curtis have to be exempted but the rest wouldn’t be missed. Where was the passion and fight. I thought Accrington were excellent - well organised and actually wanted it more.

“.............actually wanted it more.” And they had absolutely nothing to play for. Shameful Pompey.

RE: Not fit to wear the shirt ! - Hammie - 09-05-2021

someone online summed them up. We were awful at the start of the season. Bad towards the end of the season. And had a decent run in the middle.
Clearly not good enough. And unlike Accrington who have bought in good reject youngsters who will be even better next season, we look to be as good as we are ever likely to be.
I suppose Jack and Raggie will get better as they are young for centre halves. McG could improve as he has played relatively few first team games career wise. Johnson is decent and can get better.
But he likes of Marquis, Brown, Naylor are unlikely to get any better at their ages.
Big job on for someone.