TrueBlueArmy Forums
CATLIN OUT - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: CATLIN OUT (/showthread.php?tid=586)

Pages: 1 2

CATLIN OUT - slayer - 09-05-2021

Not a penny more

RE: CATLIN OUT - ForeverPompey - 09-05-2021

Caitlin has failed us. Players have failed us. Jackett failed us. Question is.. are the Eisners failing us and have the Cowleys got anything to offer?

RE: CATLIN OUT - stayinupforever - 09-05-2021

Agreed. Catlin should go now.Clean sweep of management.

RE: CATLIN OUT - kindofblue - 09-05-2021

Am I right in remembering most people on here (or fansonline) saying how lucky we were to have him just a couple of years ago?

RE: CATLIN OUT - slayer - 09-05-2021

He's fettered by Tornante and appears to have given up and started taking the shilling. Maybe he's on one of those transition deals where he loses some of his bonus if he leaves within X years of the takeover. Speculation aside, he has precised over the shambles of the last four years and I have zero faith in him turning it around. He must have been the last man in Portsmouth to see that Jackett should have gone after Oxford put us out of the playoffs this time last year.

RE: CATLIN OUT - Jizbag - 09-05-2021

Yep Catlin out.

RE: CATLIN OUT - bluetagagain - 10-05-2021

Yes man he may be but he has always stated he will walk away in the next couple of seasons. Personally I don’t think you’ll get many better CEO’s and he’s very highly thought of within the game. I reckon when he leaves it’ll be onto bigger and better things.

RE: CATLIN OUT - slayer - 10-05-2021

He could be the best CEO in the world but if he says yes and Tornante says no he's fucking useless to us.

RE: CATLIN OUT - Rocketman - 10-05-2021

You clearly have no idea how business works

RE: CATLIN OUT - slayer - 10-05-2021

Hi James

RE: CATLIN OUT - slayer - 14-05-2021

I appear to have some idea of how business works. Bye Catlin. Correct decision. I will remember him fondly for the trust owned period where he excelled. He went on to struggle under Tornante. The ongoing FP saga I think it's fair to speculate he was fettered by various parties and did his best. The only blot on the copy book is a big decision he should have made after the play off penalty defeat Vs. Oxford. Should otherwise hold his head high. He was one of the good ones and gave it a solid go.

RE: CATLIN OUT - stayinupforever - 14-05-2021

The correct decision in my view.

RE: CATLIN OUT - Pedalo_menders - 14-05-2021

Since Tornante took over we have made the following progress:

Playing squad - Gone backwards
Academy - No progress / Gone backwards
Stadium - Increased Capacity from 16k-19k

Not really a great legacy Catlin leaves behind. We have lost our momentum and this next season is crucial in getting fans engaged with the club again.

RE: CATLIN OUT - bluetagagain - 14-05-2021

Personally I feel MC did a great job ,I know several of the business and footballing experts on here feel he let us down and we should still be a struggling L2 team looking for constant donations to survivr. Of course he preached the Eisners doctrine,they would've got rid of him if he hadn't , they're hardly going to employ someone who is constantly disagreeing with them. He leaves us in a better position as a club both financially and securely ( I agree team wise we have regressed the past 3 seasons). I wish him well and glad that he's still on the board of directors.

RE: CATLIN OUT - exgaffer - 14-05-2021

I wonder how long it will be before the usual suspects are calling for the new geezer’s head.  Smile

I think Catlin did a very good job and the new bloke has a hard act to follow.

What some seen to have trouble grasping is that success on the field is down to the team manager, not the CEO. 

The club has run smoothly under Catlin and he has been very open with the fans, I don’t know what more we could have expected of him.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, good luck to the new bloke (Cullen isn’t it?).

PUP

RE: CATLIN OUT - bluebollox - 14-05-2021

(14-05-2021, 10:42 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: The correct decision in my view.

Pedalo Mendes, ref the increase in capacity, iirc it was never as low as 16k?

RE: CATLIN OUT - BilltheCat - 14-05-2021

The man who told us that the Community Club ideal was sustainable and the way forward, but backtracked as soon as the yanks came-a-knocking.

Feathered his own nest nicely under Tornante and then seriously took his eye off the ball - hence several years of stagnation.

There were some here who "told you so"!

Good riddance.

RE: CATLIN OUT - Smirnoffexpress - 14-05-2021

Well said Bill.

RE: CATLIN OUT - exgaffer - 14-05-2021

(14-05-2021, 05:32 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: The man who told us that the Community Club ideal was sustainable and the way forward, but backtracked as soon as the yanks came-a-knocking.

Feathered his own nest nicely under Tornante and then seriously took his eye off the ball - hence several years of stagnation.

There were some here who "told you so"!

Good riddance.

Have you got something against work BTC?

Catlin was remunerated by Tornante, he was hardly ‘feathering his own nest’.

The reason for our inability to gain promotion is that the team manager failed to achieve it. Most commentators would have expected Jackett to succeed, so the appointment was not controversial. It was also not his decision alone was it? Having been appointed, it’s up to the CEO to support the manager and Catlin did. 

As for the community model, it will only work if we adopt the same approach as the Bundesliga, which I would support. Until then, we are in as good hands as anyone else, probably better.

If the fan-owned club model was sustainable why would you advocate selling out to the septics unless it benefitted you personally?

RE: CATLIN OUT - Smirnoffexpress - 14-05-2021

Running with the fox and the hounds springs to mind. But I’m biased never liked nor trusted the coont from the day he turned up.

RE: CATLIN OUT - slayer - 14-05-2021

Gaff still has a blind spot over Catlin's accountability for Jackett.

Was Jackett supposed to sack himself 12 months ago then?

RE: CATLIN OUT - Gerry Hatrick - 14-05-2021

(14-05-2021, 05:56 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: If the fan-owned club model was sustainable why would you advocate selling out to the septics unless it benefitted you personally?

Simply because at the time selling up appeared a better option for the club. No mystery. No devious sub-plot. Against a background of serious infrastructure problems in FP that suddenly made the Trust no longer sustainable, it seems quite a reasonable judgement. People choose to forget that we were putting feelers out all the time for more high-net-worth individuals who could bank-roll the club for the next 12 months.

The anonymous insinuation that Catlin had ulterior motives is a pretty cowardly one to make without the backing of a shred of evidence.
He has done his best over the years to be candid and open with regular briefings and opportunities for fans to hold the club to account. I don't know of any other club that has been so transparent in that respect. And that's not just my opinion. Catlin is a respected figure throughout the game. 

I would thank him for his sincere attempt to reach out to fans and wish him all the best. Looking at some of abuse he has had to sustain, it's clearly the right decision.

"Simply because at the time selling up appeared a better option for the club".

So you were told. The Trust was perfectly sustainable and could have continued to run the club to this day. The Eisners have spent fvck-all more than would have been available to the Community Club.

Catlin sold you the lie because it created a better paid opportunity for himself.

Be honest. How much further along is the club now than when it was run by people who actually cared?

RE: CATLIN OUT - Rocketman - 14-05-2021

BTC, how exactly would the Trust have paid £750K per month for the last 15 months, as well as the H&S ground improvements?