TrueBlueArmy Forums
Clearly some players and staff don't care - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Clearly some players and staff don't care (/showthread.php?tid=606)

Clearly some players and staff don't care - stayinupforever - 11-05-2021

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/portsmouth-fc-will-deal-with-players-after-incident-outside-astoria-nightclub-that-saw-police-called-3232726?fbclid=IwAR1hVk_1_Nsn4Pr5ITS00Nru34obk2KkIqz2tVjP2g6j9FS3OkaL2zBgIgk

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - Pedalo_menders - 11-05-2021

Well when it gets out who thumped that student, I can’t see them being at Pompey much longer.

Sounds like the bunch of ego’s have no idea what people think about them. If they did, I doubt they’d be looking to do a piss up the same day they failed the city.

It beggars belief.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - Jizbag - 11-05-2021

Retarded coonts. Get lost we don't want you here.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - BigSmokeBlue - 11-05-2021

The saying ‘Your not fit to wear the shirt’ has never been more apt! Absolutely appalling behaviour and whoever this should quite rightly have their contract terminated or certainly not renewed. Ill discipline is clearly a problem within the camp and must be stamped out. Are the Cowleys too nice??? I think I read somewhere that one of the players called him Danny and not Gaffer or Boss. Spoke volumes I thought.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - DeepBlue - 11-05-2021

Can't dispute that they should be disciplined but surely also that reaction to criticism shows that they do care, not the opposite.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - Deebo - 11-05-2021

Too bad they couldn't show a bit more fight when it mattered.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - briefcase_wanchor - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 04:29 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: The saying ‘Your not fit to wear the shirt’ has never been more apt! Absolutely appalling behaviour and whoever this should quite rightly have their contract terminated or certainly not renewed. Ill discipline is clearly a problem within the camp and must be stamped out. Are the Cowleys too nice??? I think I read somewhere that one of the players called him Danny and not Gaffer or Boss. Spoke volumes I thought.

The fact they went out and didn’t go home with their tales between their legs says it all. But I don’t think it’s worth getting upset over the manager being called Danny. It’s his name. They aren’t working for a drug gang leader. Anyone who calls their boss “boss” just reminds me of Phil Neal in that Graham Taylor documentary.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - bluetagagain - 11-05-2021

It doesn't say anywhere in that report that the student was hit by a player? So why make assumptions just because you're angry and frustrated.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - exgaffer - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 05:46 PM)Deebo Wrote: Too bad they couldn't show a bit more fight when it mattered.

Spot on Deebo, my thoughts exactly.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - Pedalo_menders - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 06:16 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: It doesn't say anywhere in that report that the student was hit by a player? So why make assumptions just because you're angry and frustrated.

Lol it’s pretty obvious what happened. What is the alternative? The student was congratulating them on a hard fought season and tripped and bumped his head when going in for a congratulatory high five?

To add to the speculation of events... I’m guessing the student doesn’t want to press charges because he may have used some derogatory language that if came to light would also cause him problems.

Either way, going round punching Pompey fans 9 hours after surrendering to onemanandhisdog fc, isn’t great for the player’s PR

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - Hammie - 11-05-2021

Alan Ball used to insist they lived locally so they felt the pain if they let the city down. Shame they did not meet some big hairy dockers rather than a young student!

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - TBP - 11-05-2021

So while the fans are gutted, the players are out celebrating. It is equally galling when they lose badly away, you're completely gutted and you see them boarding the coach laughing and joking together. They definitely do not share the supporters pain.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - slayer - 13-05-2021

It's 2021 we don't have big hairy dockers. We have Romanians with back, sack and cracks and threaded eyebrows.

Punishment by termination isn't punishment either, it's absolution. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them went out for trouble to _try_ and get themselves released ffs. If they're worth anything they're going nowhere

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - bluetagagain - 13-05-2021

Lets be honest about this,who hasn't wanted to smack a gobby student now and again.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - Pedalo_menders - 13-05-2021

I’ve heard on the grapevine that it was Curtis. It’s not a verifiable source but it’s the first time I’ve heard a name mentioned.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - Rocketman - 14-05-2021

Would not surprise me. He's a good player who puts in a good shift most (but not all) games. But he's also a goby petulant brat far too often on the field, a whinger just like Marquis. If both of them concentrated fully on playing to their best ability rather than throwing a tantrum every 10 mins with their team mates, opposition players, the pitch, the ref, they would do so much better. If DC & NC can turn that around, it will be worth it. If not, then get them (RC/JM) out. JM, please also learn the off-side rule!

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - dsmg - 14-05-2021

JM should also learn how to control a football. I can’t believe the number of times he fails to do that, his first touch is normally atrocious.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - bluetagagain - 14-05-2021

Personally, JM should just Feck Off

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - slayer - 14-05-2021

He said/she said at this stage.

But I will say this about Curtis - I like him. If you watch the huddle back before the name against Accy it was him giving the team talk, not Naylor. It was him chasing every blade of grass, bursting forward and getting in the refs ear.

Curtis might have what you might term low EQ but he clearly cares and a large part of why this season was a failure is because not enough players were like him.

If he could work on this composure then his reputation would elevate to being someone who is committed and no-nonsense and we like those types down here don't we?

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - The Realist - 14-05-2021

(14-05-2021, 08:51 AM)scumslayer Wrote: He said/she said at this stage.

But I will say this about Curtis - I like him. If you watch the huddle back before the name against Accy it was him giving the team talk, not Naylor. It was him chasing every blade of grass, bursting forward and getting in the refs ear.

Curtis might have what you might term low EQ but he clearly cares and a large part of why this season was a failure is because not enough players were like him.

If he could work on this composure then his reputation would elevate to being someone who is committed and no-nonsense and we like those types down here don't we?

Totally agree, could do with a few more with this sort of commitment.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - Cleaver Greene - 14-05-2021

EQ what's that?

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - Deebo - 14-05-2021

I think it's empathy quota.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - bluetagagain - 14-05-2021

(14-05-2021, 08:51 AM)scumslayer Wrote: He said/she said at this stage.

Exactly right, If more of them had a bit of bollix about them then we might've achieved something this or last season.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - briefcase_wanchor - 14-05-2021

(13-05-2021, 10:53 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Lets be honest about this,who hasn't wanted to smack a gobby student now and again.

Looks like we’ve got Paul Calf on the staff.

RE: Clearly some players and staff don't care - BilltheCat - 14-05-2021

Or Pauline!