TrueBlueArmy Forums
First new signing tomorrow - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: First new signing tomorrow (/showthread.php?tid=626)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: First new signing tomorrow - mikey393 - 24-05-2021

(24-05-2021, 08:21 AM)blueinbrum3 Wrote:
(23-05-2021, 07:35 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote:
(23-05-2021, 07:26 AM)blueinbrum3 Wrote:
(22-05-2021, 06:45 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(22-05-2021, 06:29 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Have we signed anyone then?

No-one can sign anyone until the transfer window opens ... but it sounds like Liam Vincent will be signing then.

When does the window open?

Tomorrow!

Here we go then! Hold onto your hats this could be a rough ride over the next few weeks. Go for it  Danny.
I predicted Liam Vincent LB from Bromley would be the 1st signing.

RE: First new signing tomorrow - bluetagagain - 24-05-2021

Well done, you win.

RE: First new signing tomorrow - mikey393 - 26-05-2021

Has he signed yet though?

RE: First new signing tomorrow - Pedalo_menders - 26-05-2021

I saw today that Piggott rejected a new deal at Wimbledon. Wonder where he'll end up.

RE: First new signing tomorrow - DeepBlue - 26-05-2021

(26-05-2021, 05:44 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: I saw today that Piggott rejected a new deal at Wimbledon. Wonder where he'll end up.

Pigott would be top of my list of realistic targets. Realistic that is if he is not already championship bound.

RE: First new signing tomorrow - bluetagagain - 26-05-2021

Do you mean Joe Piggott

RE: First new signing tomorrow - stayinupforever - 27-05-2021

Lester.

RE: First new signing tomorrow - bluetagagain - 27-05-2021

(27-05-2021, 06:14 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: Lester.

Big Grin

RE: First new signing tomorrow - teeftwo - 27-05-2021

Even scummer Craig David managed to get it sorted in 7 days.

Tomorrow never comes eh.

RE: First new signing tomorrow - Cleaver Greene - 27-05-2021

Jack Wilshere is available. Smile

RE: First new signing tomorrow - Gerry Hatrick - 27-05-2021

(26-05-2021, 05:33 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Has he signed yet though?

No.
No-one has signed.
But we are 'keeping tabs on him'
Exciting, isn't it?

RE: First new signing tomorrow - 66zoolane - 27-05-2021

(26-05-2021, 09:57 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Do you mean Joe Piggott

(27-05-2021, 06:14 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: Lester.

Lester Piggot's been a long term scummer target. Because of his horse. Can't see us landing him Sad

RE: First new signing tomorrow - slayer - 28-05-2021

Gosport making us look silly in the transfer market for the second year running. Who runs them?

https://www.gosportboroughfc.com/news

RE: First new signing tomorrow - exgaffer - 28-05-2021

(28-05-2021, 09:30 AM)scumslayer Wrote: Gosport making us look silly in the transfer market for the second year running. Who runs them?

https://www.gosportboroughfc.com/news

How exactly are Gosport ‘making us look silly’?

Another day of fuck all

RE: First new signing tomorrow - Cowespompey - 28-05-2021

(28-05-2021, 07:48 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Another day of fuck all

The season has only just finished , give them a chance before you write the whole transfer window off

RE: First new signing tomorrow - DeepBlue - 28-05-2021

(28-05-2021, 07:48 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Another day of fuck all
Another day of childish impatience more like. Grow up.

Classy.

Other opinions are available.

Such as: one of the rationales behind bringing the Cowleys in early was so they would have an early jump on what we need and they would be supported in acting early in the window.

Where's the support? The lads are doing press telling us all they have to sell to do any business yet they barely have enough players to put out a full match day squad.

RE: First new signing tomorrow - Pedalo_menders - 28-05-2021

Having been told by the club almost every window that they want to do their business early as that’s when the best players get snapped up, it’s concerning to see:

A: No early business being done
B: The manager stating they will take their time
C: It looks like for the 4th year in a row our best defender is offski

We had the same argument last summer and the same people were saying it’ll be fine. And the same people were saying it won’t be fine.

The alarm bells are ringing and for good reason. Danny et al have a huge task ahead of them.

RE: First new signing tomorrow - Gerry Hatrick - 29-05-2021

If I may be permitted to put a positive spin on a seemingly worryingly quiet situation....

....the Cowleys only appointed Matt Page and Toby Ellis as their recruitment gurus last week. I am guessing they have been awaiting their arrival before making any moves.

At least, if I was Danny Cowley that's the sort of thing I would be saying...
"These boys are fantastic. They've spotted talent time and time again for me. There was Freddie Pilchard who Matt saw playing for St Katherine's CoE while walking the dog on Hackney Marshes. He scored 12 goals for us at Hanvey Primary Under 12s. Then Toby recruited Damon Leadbetter from Woodland Secondary when we we're taking Wapping High to promotion. The kid wanted a new Chopper but he settled for an upgrade to his PS3. Now they're coming in with a completely blue sky. We want them to spot the stars when that blue sky darkens. Maybe there are a few asteroids out there that need a bit of nurturing. We're not after whole galaxies but we do need a decent solar system and I am the star at the centre of it or maybe a black hole, I forget. "

RE: First new signing tomorrow - bluetagagain - 29-05-2021

A: No early business being done
B: The manager stating they will take their time
C: It looks like for the 4th year in a row our best defender is offski
Danny et al have a huge task ahead of them

A: The transfer window isn't open yet
B: Why not they want the right players to fit their tactics and what's best for the team. See point A.
C: His contract is up,he's been offered another one,. It's entirely up to the player if he signs,same as last year. The previous seasons the players were sold.

Of course they've a huge task ahead of them,They've a new team to assemble after the shite KJ left.

At least leave the bedwetting until the season starts.

RE: First new signing tomorrow - Pedalo_menders - 29-05-2021

I’ve got the pampers at the ready  Tongue

RE: First new signing tomorrow - DeepBlue - 29-05-2021

(28-05-2021, 08:40 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Classy.

Such as: one of the rationales behind bringing the Cowleys in early was so they would have an early jump on what we need and they would be supported in acting early in the window.

Where's the support? The lads are doing press telling us all they have to sell to do any business yet they barely have enough players to put out a full match day squad.

Other opinions are always available but they are self-evidently wrong opinions if they are complaining about lack of activity before we are even in June. That is just childish impatience.  And I don't think you will like June much either because however much DC would like to have his squad in place before June 28th he is unlikely to be able to achieve that in this unique first post-covid impact window where players and agents are going to have to get used to there being less money on offer than before. They are bound to play 'who blinks first' with the clubs and that means most deals will be done very late on in the window.  

The club can, and has, offered some support by trying to force the out of contract players into making a decision faster than they need to by saying they will look elsewhere, but that is unlikely to persuade anyone to rush a deal. 

Patience is the key to success in this window.

RE: First new signing tomorrow - Jizbag - 29-05-2021

(29-05-2021, 02:45 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(28-05-2021, 08:40 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Classy.

Other opinions are always available but they are self-evidently wrong opinions if they are complaining about lack of activity before we are even in June. That is just childish impatience.  And I don't think you will like June much either because however much DC would like to have his squad in place before June 28th he is unlikely to be able to achieve that in this unique first post-covid impact window where players and agents are going to have to get used to there being less money on offer than before. They are bound to play 'who blinks first' with the clubs and that means most deals will be done very late on in the window.  

The club can, and has, offered some support by trying to force the out of contract players into making a decision faster than they need to by saying they will look elsewhere, but that is unlikely to persuade anyone to rush a deal. 

Patience is the key to success in this window.

Deep you are so fcuking depressing. Weren't you one of those willing to give Kenny till the end of the season when it was clear as day 2 seasons ago that he was finished?

I don't trust anything you say.

RE: First new signing tomorrow - DeepBlue - 29-05-2021

I said many times that he should have gone last summer. Three strikes and out. 

What is depressing about saying May is too early to be be panicking about the lack of signings. We should be pleased the squad that has failed is being broken up, so lets wait and see who we get to replace them. But lets be patient cos its going to be hard to do deals this summer.