TrueBlueArmy Forums
Selling our best players to buy players - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Selling our best players to buy players (/showthread.php?tid=637)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - teeftwo - 24-05-2021

Stop talking nonsense Septic. We've built a stable platform from which to move forward. Obviously given the events of the last year we have to cut our cloth accordingly but then so does everyone else. There's no question the last season wasn't a step forward but until that point we had not gone backwards in 3 seasons.

We've got an exciting management team in place, there's a new CEO to freshen things up. You seriously need to stop the bedwetting.

And if you believe the owners have no ambition you really have no clue.

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - Mystic Meg - 24-05-2021

Let's wait and see Septics crystal ball is never wrong, cant wait to see your reaction let's say by December, oh that's if you have taken your head out of the sand and woken up to reality.

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - bluetagagain - 24-05-2021

>Are we any better off from when the club was fan owned <
Yes
>if it’s true that PFC are loosing 700,000 a month think how much the club self generates in normal times<
These aren't normal times and the club is/was losing £700k a month. If we were fan owned who was going to make up this short fall?

You sound extremely pessimistic and anti Eisner. With all that defeatism and potential bedwetting, are you sure you're not from further west.

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - mikey393 - 24-05-2021

Welcome Back Mystic Meg your insight has been missed. This debate could go on forever but the plain fact is that we've been treading water for the past four years. I hate to say it now as a PC demonstrator like most but reckon given KJ's budget we'd have been promoted 2 years ago probably via the autos. 

The Eisner's have just been fence sitting & trusting in the CEO & manager. KJ was given too much authority  to make signings especially in the January transfer windows & messing up badly each time. He also pushed various players out of the 1st team i.e. Pitman, Evans, Naylor etc; which helped messed up our opportunity last season. 

The CEO should have stepped in to sort out not let Kenny do as he wanted. Another major problem is if & when we do get to the Championship the Eisner's need to realise that they've entered a whole new game & their "Eat what we kill" policy goes straight out of the window or relegated by Xmas.

Absolutely Mikey so many of our supporters look at things through rose tinted glasses, if only they would evaluate the situation of the past seasons with the owners, I dont ever want it to go back to a fanbase ownership, but what have they bought to the table, these fans are just happy with mediocrity treading water getting nowhere surley they can reconise the lack of ambition backed up by the owners puppet of a CEO, I hope Septic Meg is wrong but with the lack of players investment we will be going in one direction only and that's not up,

Yeah because Pitman and Evans have really blazed a trail since leaving FP. The problem was KJ and his tactics and transfers. As for Mikey suggesting the CEO should’ve stepped in and told the manager what to do, WALOFB, how is that right. , if club CEO’s did that nobody would want to manage ( it’s called dictator-ship ). The only thing our extremely respected and very good outgoing CEO should’ve done is recommended that KJ should’ve been sacked at least 2 seasons ago.

Blue tag again
Be brave the font of all knowledge, make a prediction, we’re will we be this time next year.
Also suggest you look up the true sense of Dictatorship

Look forward to your prediction, although don’t think somehow we will get one.

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - Jizbag - 24-05-2021

If a club like ours is shopping in the non leagues then there's only one way we're going. Eisner has brought nothing to the table in 4 years. Honestly what's the point.

(24-05-2021, 05:14 PM)Jizbag Wrote: If a club like ours is shopping in the non leagues then there's only one way we're going. Eisner has brought nothing to the table in 4 years. Honestly what's the point.

Well said Jizbag you get it, some supporters just havent got a clue as they clamour for mediocrity 
happy just to take the route of low expectations from the owners that is dished out to them, as long as we balance the books happy to watch ineffective football maintaining  our position in the lower leagues, we need owners who have the balls to make an assault on this league after 4 years, oh and maybe rebuild the Milton end as promised...not !

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - PeterD - 24-05-2021

(23-05-2021, 01:37 PM)We have been shafted by Catlin. Fed up hearing players have to take a pay cut. Why do they as we would not want to take a wage cut. I bet Catlin will not be on a lower wage. You only get rubbish if you pay rubbish wages. Yes we know everything is tight but it seems the Eisners are a bit more than tight. Who is paying for the new CEO compensation and how long is DCs contract? Wrote: It appears that the rationale for selling Curtis, as expressed in The News recently, is that according to the club we need to raise the cash to buy players. Whatever our opinions on Curtis his record shows that he has been a major contributor in the way of goals and assists since his arrival. Obviously he has ambitions to play in the Championship but I don't imagine we would get more than £2-3 million for him.
My point is that if we have what appears recently to be a dollar billionaire owner why do we need to sell our best player to raise funds to buy players? Surely if the owner has any ambition then it must be in his interests to be looking to provide the finance for a reasonable transfer budget?
Or am I missing somehting?

(24-05-2021, 05:38 PM)PeterD Wrote:
(23-05-2021, 01:37 PM)We have been shafted by Catlin. Fed up hearing players have to take a pay cut. Why do they as we would not want to take a wage cut. I bet Catlin will not be on a lower wage. You only get rubbish if you pay rubbish wages. Yes we know everything is tight but it seems the Eisners are a bit more than tight. Who is paying for the new CEO compensation and how long is DCs contract? Wrote: It appears that the rationale for selling Curtis, as expressed in The News recently, is that according to the club we need to raise the cash to buy players. Whatever our opinions on Curtis his record shows that he has been a major contributor in the way of goals and assists since his arrival. Obviously he has ambitions to play in the Championship but I don't imagine we would get more than £2-3 million for him.
My point is that if we have what appears recently to be a dollar billionaire owner why do we need to sell our best player to raise funds to buy players? Surely if the owner has any ambition then it must be in his interests to be looking to provide the finance for a reasonable transfer budget?
Or am I missing somehting?

Peter you also can see through what was once quoted by Catlin as a completely transparent club, he has been shafting us from day one, getting his feet under the table then making himself so important the Americans thought it was the return of the messiah.
They have moved him out of the trenches in readiness of what's to come, if he was the best buisness man they know, why remove him from a job that now needs a top man and move him into a made up management post, it all stinks
The annoying thing is so many blinkered fans just go along with it, I can understand this because they are so passionate about the club, if only the owners were as passionate and give the novice manager a proper war chest to go out and build a team around the few good players instead of having to sell them to get the money to rebuild from none league, this isn't progression this is pathetic just like the fans that support the scraps that's been thrown to them over the last 4 years. 
Unfortunately the new manager is just happy to have a job back in football,  another Catlin like lap dog to appease the owners.

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - Hammie - 24-05-2021

with hindsight, it all stopped moving forward when we started spending again. Until then we were bringing in developing and selling, then we bought in Marquis, Harrison and Harness. None of whom has proved really worth their transfer fee. The decisions to buy those three has nothing to do with the owners. If we had spent that, what £2million? wisely we would probably be on of the three promoted teams now.

The reason we can’t offer big wages to everyone is probably because they offered big wages to the likes of Marquis and Harness to get them to sign and they didn’t preform and were in L1 also I believe the EFL still only allow us to operate under a certain team budget .

By the way MM I think we will make the playoffs and if we do then I believe we’ll go up. However if it doesn’t happen I won’t be bed wetting , especially as the season hasn’t started and the transfer market hasn’t even kick started yet.

New word bluetagagain for you to look up discombobulated, what makes you think this season will be better than the previous.
Keep on believing they need all the discombobulated people they can get, especially those getting excited about the new signings that will get us promoted, must check out the betting odds and get some money on them, thanks for the tip.

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - bluetagagain - 25-05-2021

Cheers for the dictionary tips MM. I’ve got one for you to look up - Dinlo

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - Mystic Meg - 25-05-2021

Thanks blue hag very educational, although expected, especially as someone who’s views are fallacious

Oops another new word for your education, best keep to your only phrase “bed wetting” your so woke.

Keep believing, keep the faith, keep learning, PUP.

All the best Septic

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - Rick Pumpkin - 25-05-2021

So MM, you're writing off a whole summer of planning and recruitment before it's even begun?

I bet you're fun at parties...

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - BabaOReally - 25-05-2021

WUM shït stirring cünts are never fun at parties.

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - Rick Pumpkin - 25-05-2021

(25-05-2021, 09:41 AM)BabaOReally Wrote: WUM shït stirring cünts are never fun at parties.

True dat.

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - teeftwo - 25-05-2021

“Never confuse education with intelligence, you can have a PhD and still be an idiot.”

― Richard P. Feynman

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - bluetagagain - 25-05-2021

If MM is the original MM he’s an old poster out fishing and to my shame I bit Sad

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - exterminator - 25-05-2021

Old Mystic Meg, her crystal ball is so old that it has developed hairline cracks in it so her predictions are sh!t.

About time you got your shekels out and purchased a new one so you can see positives from the mass clear out.

Hi blue
Not writing anything off just giving an insight on realism of the coming season, I will go to every home game and most away games this coming season as I have always done, although not on the 6.57 train anymore, far to early.

I like positive passionate supporters but some times they have to evaluate exactly what is going on behind the scenes which will ultimately affect the loyal fans passing through the turnstiles, for the last four years PFC have been self sufficient, corporate and advertising has brought in over double of what is actually earned through gate receipts, these many millions have been used to improve the standard of the ground which incidentally all work carried out by our main ground sponsor, but that’s another subject, this fantastic amount of money that keeps being put out about the monthly loss due to COVID,let’s evaluate  who’s been the main provider propping the club up financially, you would like to think the owners but no, it’s been our government paying furlough, no business rates to pay, massive government grants, now as this all comes to an end,  it’s the owners turn, so what do they do, first get rid of the youth set up, then get rid of the reserves, have only a 22 man first team squad, get rid of key members of staff for instance Kelly, and John Kealy one of the best goal keeping coaches in the country, nothing against the new manager but easily the cheapest option of a manager desperate to get back into football, the next thing is put any player worth anything up for sale, no doubt at bargain prices and then to top it all rebuild a squad from none league and free agents sprinkled with loan signings, move the chief executive out of the firing line to a made up job, leaving us supporters to another season of failure.

This isn’t about being a sour puss before the season starts this is about realisation of what is going on from a very none transparent hierarchy which relies on our blinded supporters to believe it’s going to be success this time round.

Blue for you, keep preaching your gospel they need people like you and many others, let’s hope you got it right,

I’m off to see if my white suit I used to wear at Neros still fits so I can do my John Travolta dance on the pitch at Fratton but only if your predictions for the coming season come true. 

You’ll always find me in the kitchen at party’s 

Cheers Septic Tank

(25-05-2021, 09:41 AM)BabaOReally Wrote: WUM shït stirring cünts are never fun at parties.

Go on babes have your say babes, very good babes, great four letter word babes no anymore babes?

RE: Selling our best players to buy players - teeftwo - 25-05-2021

So you're moaning about no progress in the last couple of seasons. Then some new people come in and are about the change the way things have been done in the last couple of seasons. Shaking up the coaching staff and setup. But you want to keep going the way that things have been done in the last couple of seasons as that hasn't delivered promotion. And change it at the same time.

You sound like Boris telling us to don't go out, but go out, as long as you stay in.

You seem to have the answers Septic. Let's have your ideas for how we should approach the coming season, for playing staff, for coaching staff, for ground investment and general running costs. What sort of squad balance would you aim for. Are you going to splurge the majority of your budget on a big name or spread it out a bit. I want to know what your business plan would be off the pitch for financial security and how you set up the team for sure fire promotion.

Please show your working which must show either break even or a modest profit and also guarantee a final league position of first.